Analysis Member Elected Board Members

Remove this Banner Ad

PWRof1

Debutant
Jun 2, 2013
Australia thereabouts
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ok, first off, I'm not proposing to run for election. However the post from Kummarsingh about running for election against Belly raised some interesting points that I think should be aired some more. Not his/her candidacy! I agreed with many of the comments posted, with regard to that post.
However we now have 3 ex players on the Board, & I can't remember once when they communicated with the members they're purporting to represent. Unless you happen to bump into them in the street or game day. Pants at least blogged occasionally although I felt she was certainly swayed or influenced by the rest of the board. It seems to me that this position is now a claytons position, as it seems to be manipulated/influenced by the senior office bearers. One of the things that sets our club apart from others is the idea that we, as members, have a direct input to the Board. If our elected Board Member is hand picked by the senior office bearers & the rest of the board then we have no voice on the board contrary to the original concept of the club. It smacks of paternalism, or dare I say it, facisim. The benevolent dictator determining what's good for us all, we'll tell you what you need to know, not what you may want to know. You certainly can't have a voice in your club. We don't even get the election spin, as who is seriously going to challenge ex players, like Belly. At this rate, the club just needs to nominate an ex clubman to maintain the status quo for the foreseeable future. The Freo MOB fought hard for this. Apparently a waste of time now.

I think we should run with this as the main thread and let the GJ thread die out.

The OP makes some great points about the member elect position.

The club was founded on the basis of member engagement so as to differentiate ourselves from WCE who (unashamedly) adopted a corporate shareholder structure.

The member elect board position has been rorted by the powers that be.

If Rosich /Harris etc do not like the member elect board position then they should run on a platform of amending the constitution to remove the position - instead of adopting their current course of stacking the position with complicit yes men who have zero intention of engaging with the rank and file.

How often did Allen or Mann engage with the rank and file? Zero.

How often did they rub shoulders with their elitist paymasters within FFC? Daily.

Bell is an "insider" with a history of white anting coaches at the club.

The last point that I wish to make about this issue is that I feel that the mods were a little to quick to shut the previous thread down that I started last night.

I think a legitimate point must be asked as to whether some mods have been directed by the powers that be to shut down criticism of the member elect fiasco that is unfolding?

Kumar, if you wanted to be taken seriously, why have you been posting like such a dick? I think it's already too late for this account. Keep it for trolling or burn it and start again. The suggestion that the mods are under FFC admin influence to shut you down over the member elect position is ludicrous.

Made your bed, etc.

Kumar, if you wanted to be taken seriously, why have you been posting like such a dick? I think it's already too late for this account. Keep it for trolling or burn it and start again. The suggestion that the mods are under FFC admin influence to shut you down over the member elect position is ludicrous.

Made your bed, etc.
It's the 161 IQ - doesn't lend itself to people skills. Is Kumar a clone of Mems?

It's the 161 IQ - doesn't lend itself to people skills. Is Kumar a clone of Mems?
It's hard to say with troll aliases. I don't even remember who I am sometimes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OP, the whole member elected board process is a tokenistic sham. The elect has zero influence and the club chooses who gets in. Also, there is no Easter Bunny.

People need to let go of the whole 'member' part of FFC. It's pretty clear we are all just season ticketholders who each year get a badge and lanyard/purple pencilcase as lipservice. FFC is an AFL franchise operated by the WAFC, not a member owned organisation. Unfortunately.

You should be banned for making so many fake accounts.
You have a seriously over-inflated sense of self importance, don't you?

PM somebody who cares.

Looked for the locked thread. I lol'd
It didn't show up on my screen until after I posted this new thread, the Gentleman Jeff one I'm referring to. The locked thread I just read, as I thought here we go again. There are a few"members" as opposed to ex players who could fit the bill well, but c'est la vie eh. i don't think that a Board Member should necessarily be divulging to all and sundry, members though they be. I do think they should be accessible to the members. We don't even get an email to contact. On the other hand Steve R & Steve H ( I hear they refer to themselves now as "The Steves" ) do respond to emails when directed to them. It's courtesy & appreciated.

I saw Bell at the Doig last night - our eyes met across the room. I can tell my challenge has spooked him. We shall see how this plays out but I think round one goes to me.

I saw Bell at the Doig last night - our eyes met across the room. I can tell my challenge has spooked him. We shall see how this plays out but I think round one goes to me.

How does he know you're the one challenging him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back