Toast Michael "Son Son" Walters

Remove this Banner Ad

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
It was gratifying to see a few examples of the talent Walters possess's on show today. A couple of strong grabs, some good work on the ground and his amazing laser guided left boot were there for all to see.
THink this kids can be a real player in years to come. Natural footballer.

I got shot down for saying his skills are on par with Hill but Wally's kick to Hase was the best pass by a Fremantle player this season.

Walters and Crichton both played better than several of their more experienced team mates.

Yep, it was obvious from his 3 games last year that he has what it takes to be a very good player and he's continued to improve in the right areas.

Not sure about his ink work though:eek: but each to his own...

Kicks like laser beams.

Watching West Coast at the moment - what a difference.

It's hilarious! They really are appalling.

Son Son was great today. Really loved his repeated efforts to create a lead coming out of defence. Is something we miss with Mayne out and he certainly busted his gut to make space.

Did he just suffer cramp in the last, or was it a hammy?

I got shot down for saying his skills are on par with Hill but Wally's kick to Hase was the best pass by a Fremantle player this season.

Walters and Crichton both played better than several of their more experienced team mates.
Still isn't as good as Mundy ;)

It's hilarious! They really are appalling.

Son Son was great today. Really loved his repeated efforts to create a lead coming out of defence. Is something we miss with Mayne out and he certainly busted his gut to make space.

Did he just suffer cramp in the last, or was it a hammy?

Was definetly cramp.

Took a great grab on the lead under pressure and his passing/kicking is as accurate as they come, topped off with 2 goals. Definitely deserves to keep his spot next week imo.

Great to see him - I hope, even in a loss, that's the taste he needs. He was superb. He needs to work hard on his fitness, obviously cramping late in the third and mid-way through the fourth.

I wonder who his mentors are at the club? Des is one I think - he needs to be buddied up with a real hard worker - DeBoer?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see him - I hope, even in a loss, that's the taste he needs. He was superb. He needs to work hard on his fitness, obviously cramping late in the third and mid-way through the fourth.

I wonder who his mentors are at the club? Des is one I think - he needs to be buddied up with a real hard worker - DeBoer?
or barlow.

It was gratifying to see a few examples of the talent Walters possess's on show today. A couple of strong grabs, some good work on the ground and his amazing laser guided left boot were there for all to see.
THink this kids can be a real player in years to come. Natural footballer.
Dont know if you remember my lovefest on him during the preseason but been waiting for him to get his opportunity to strut his stuff,class and skill personified

Dont know if you remember my lovefest on him during the preseason but been waiting for him to get his opportunity to strut his stuff,class and skill personified

I know you were one of the faithful :)
If you have a look back you'll find a lot of love from me over the last couple of years too. Been on the Walters bandwagon since the first time I saw him play.

Can someone explain where the name Son Son comes from?

This kid has some class and the way he used the ball yesterday is the very reason why Rhys Palmer was dropped to the WAFL. Take note Rhys and work your arse off on your foot skills both left and right or your AFL career will be over in 2 or 3 years.

Give me a player who only gets it 10 times but is effective 8 times out of ten as opposed to someone who gets it 20 times but turns it over 5 + times. It's bad turnovers at crucial times in a match that hurts your team. Last week against NM when we kicked the first 2 goals of the third qtr we had momentum and looked well set up to go forward again when Palmer marked on the wing and went sideways with a 25m pass that was cut off and resulted in a goal. North then kicked the next one also. That cost us any chance of a win.

When we start getting players back i reckon Palmer will be lucky to win his spot back, not just this season but next year also.

I know you were one of the faithful :)
If you have a look back you'll find a lot of love from me over the last couple of years too. Been on the Walters bandwagon since the first time I saw him play.

I have not had the pleasure to see a lot of Walters (living in Melbourne) but I was completely impressed with what he did with limited opportunity. Lovely skills and clean hands, a very impressive package in a small body.

I remember a recruiter saying that we got one of the bargains of the draft when we managed to snag him late. I can see what he meant. Very impressive!

We always knew he had the elite skills, but I really wanted to see some improvement in his defensive game yesterday. Not convinced on this side of things just yet. Hopefully his fitness, speed and body strength will continue to improve.

We should keep playing him for the rest of the season. He has shown us bits of what he can do and those little pieces were pretty good. The only way to improve is to get more game time in him. His passes yesterday were amazing. I can't remember where I read it, I think it may have been either de Boer or JVB's live chat transcript but someone had asked them who the top 5 kicks in the team were. The answer was "Hill, Suban, Mundy, Walters and Pav". I can't wait until these 5 are playing together at their very best (might be Pav's last year though :p)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back