Missing from best 22 tomorrow

Remove this Banner Ad

We've had a good run with injuries in the last couple of seasons and failed to capitalise.

The factor of luck was always going to turn on us in this regard at some point.

So making a PF a failure !
Last weeks game very tough
Port injured Gray White Polec

So making a PF a failure !
Last weeks game very tough
Port injured Gray White Polec

It wasn't meant so simplistically.

I meant over the course of a season which included the Brisbane, Carlton, crows, GC losses - all were gettable and would've had us in a position to have a week's break and/or home preliminary. This was well achievable with the healthy list we had.

It's all I've heard all week is how Geelong are depleted and North should win.

We actually have more injuries to quality players than they do.
It's a constant. Last season it happened countless times.

Opposition: Missing X and Y
North: Missing X,Y,Z.....

On the odd occasion they might say "oh but north have no wells"

It's a constant. Last season it happened countless times.

Opposition: Missing X and Y
North: Missing X,Y,Z.....

On the odd occasion they might say "oh but north have no wells"

I know it's ridiculous.

On various "who's out" lists I don't even see Hansen or Grima FFS (2 thirds of our key backline). Just Wells and Dal Santo apparently.....

Can imagine you being a good defensive mid.... perhaps a bit of pace?!

Handy centre that was in Tassie Mariners squad until F*'d my back playing cricket (trying out for under 19 State team). Played with and against two draftees who were way better though, and even they didn't even stay on a list very long......it's very tough at the top!!

Last edited:
Will we have a backline ?

Hunter. Spud. Sammy. Tarrant.

Fwd's & mids are going to work very bloody hard to stop the ball getting down to Hawkins, Clarke, et al.

It's time. ;)

Let's just hope this is some divine plan to get games into some of our younger players and have a fully fit best 22 who have only played half a season by the time finals roll around!

Without doubt. There will be multiple mentions of a depleted Geelong outfit. North = full strength. Has to be an excuse somewhere as to why we are winning.

According to the media after round 2 we beat a severely depleted Brisbane with us at full strength.

According to the media after round 2 we beat a severely depleted Brisbane with us at full strength.

I try not to let injuries excuse poor performances (ala round 1 when we still had an impressive team and were shithouse), but FFS I will when it comes to the media who don't do basic research on who is out for respective teams.

Almost always they get it wrong and we go into every game full strength and if we win it was because the other team had issues.

Really spins me out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wells
Dal Santo
Grima
McDonald
McMillan
Loogie
Ziebell? (McKenzie obvious replacement)

No Adams or Garner yet, Mullet injured, Harper not been playing VFL.
We're pretty threadbare for back ups in the midfield area, in particular.
And we are raging favourites tomorrow. I've plonked a lazy couple of million yen on Geel to win tomorrow with my Tokyo bookmaker. If any of you guys have got half a brain, you'll do the same. It's the easiest money you'll earn other than finding your mum naked drinking chocolate quik straight from the can.

Wells
Dal Santo
Grima
McDonald
McMillan
Loogie
Ziebell? (McKenzie obvious replacement)

No Adams or Garner yet, Mullet injured, Harper not been playing VFL.
We're pretty threadbare for back ups in the midfield area, in particular.

I love Narni but he isnt best 22 anymore. He isnt the future. He isnt fit. And he cant take a big forward.
IMO were missing 5 from our best 22. Wells, Dal, Hansen, McDonald and MacMillan.
With Black, Mullet and Grima on the fringes. That saying Wood, Nahas, Bastinac, Dumont and Jacobs are more than adequate replacements. Any more injuries and were ****ed.

I love Narni but he isnt best 22 anymore. He isnt the future. He isnt fit. And he cant take a big forward.
IMO were missing 5 from our best 22. Wells, Dal, Hansen, McDonald and MacMillan.
With Black, Mullet and Grima on the fringes. That saying Wood, Nahas, Bastinac, Dumont and Jacobs are more than adequate replacements. Any more injuries and were stuffed.

Huh?

Who on that list you rattled off is an adequate replacement for Wells or Dal Santo? They are both top 50 players in the comp.

Our backline has looked vulnerable like its 2007 since Hansen went out, Macmillan is our defensive winger who offers leadership and a bit of steel and Grima is our mainstay at CHB who would often leave his man to help others out.

McDonald is not so vital at this point.

Who are we replacing them with ?

Bastinac - Starting to make Dyson Heppell look like Glen Archer. Wish he was at Collingwood, not Greenwood.

Jacobs - Eff me, absolute turnover merchant who would be lucky to be on the list at any other supposed top 4 club.

Nahas- Has a crack, but is a battler. See Jacobs.

Dumont - Has not played a game. Running probably not quite up to
It yet.

Wood - The only one who adds something different in a good way, but he is very inexperienced.

You are deluding yourself to suggest that this group is anywhere near adequate cover for what we have out currently.

Sorry to be negative but I've got nothing but bad memories of the Cattery.
With our injuries and Tommy Hawkins playing and it's his 150th as well.
Geelong will be very hard to beat.

Huh?

Who on that list you rattled off is an adequate replacement for Wells or Dal Santo? They are both top 50 players in the comp.

Our backline has looked vulnerable like its 2007 since Hansen went out, Macmillan is our defensive winger who offers leadership and a bit of steel and Grima is our mainstay at CHB who would often leave his man to help others out.

McDonald is not so vital at this point.

Who are we replacing them with ?

Bastinac - Starting to make Dyson Heppell look like Glen Archer. Wish he was at Collingwood, not Greenwood.

Jacobs - Eff me, absolute turnover merchant who would be lucky to be on the list at any other supposed top 4 club.

Nahas- Has a crack, but is a battler. See Jacobs.

Dumont - Has not played a game. Running probably not quite up to
It yet.

Wood - The only one who adds something different in a good way, but he is very inexperienced.

You are deluding yourself to suggest that this group is anywhere near adequate cover for what we have out currently.
Lol I dont even know if your post is worth replying to.
The 5 I named can all perform at senior level. Ofcourse Wells, Dal and Hansen are quality.
Im stating their replacements are more than adequate to come in and perform a role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back