Mitch Hallahan the new Josh Kennedy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 3, 2006
Manchester
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
EPL
Hate to be a pessimist but young Mitch looked a million bucks in his first NAB cup game for GC. 25 Possessions and dominated the contested possessions against the cats. I know that the club were reluctant to trade him and and couldn't guarantee him a spot in the midfield but again its looking very similiar to the JK situation. Also felt that we could have pushed harder for better picks as he was contracted, really hope this doesn't come back to bite us gain. Am I being paranoid??

Hate to be a pessimist but young Mitch looked a million bucks in his first NAB cup game for GC. 25 Possessions and dominated the contested possessions against the cats. I know that the club were reluctant to trade him and and couldn't guarantee him a spot in the midfield but again its looking very similiar to the JK situation. Also felt that we could have pushed harder for better picks as he was contracted, really hope this doesn't come back to bite us gain. Am I being paranoid??
Jesse White looked a million bucks on Thursday too!

Christ-Not-this-again.jpg

Showed more than our up and coming inside mids NG. Hope you are wrong and have gone a bit early.;)

The club had a choice, Woodward/Hallahan.. To early to tell.

Mitch could turn out to be a great midfielder and the media could talk about how he got away from Hawthorn but let's be honest it's Josh's family name as much as anything that hurts when you see him playing for the Swans

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club had a choice, Woodward/Hallahan.. To early to tell.
Yea I would have Hallahan miles ahead. I don't want to sound like i'm burying the kid but I honestly don't see the massive hype surrounding Woodward, watch most BHH games and even though he constantly got in the best I never once thought "hey, this kid is going to be a star".

Of course i'm happy to be proven wrong but I know which guy I would have kept

Premature board.

Even if he does turn out to be a gun..... he did ask to be traded, it is what is, the underlying fact is he wanted midfield game time, he's behind plenty in our best side, effectively what he was asking was to play even though we had better personnel in that area. Sacrifice a premiership tilt so he can get game time......I don't think so.

He did what was best for him in terms of forging an AFL career......Good luck to him.

Premature board.

Even if he does turn out to be a gun..... he did ask to be traded, it is what is, the underlying fact is he wanted midfield game time, he's behind plenty in our best side, effectively what he was asking was to play even though we had better personnel in that area. Sacrifice a premiership tilt so he can get game time......I don't think so.

He did what was best for him in terms of forging an AFL career......Good luck to him.

bull$hit, he publicly stated that he wanted to fight for a spot in the midfield prior to the trade period. GC kept persisting so the club saw an opportunity to get some picks for him. I have no doubt that they told him (albeit quite honestly) that he would get limited game time barring injuries to those in front of him. They have effectively rated two two players with four reco's between themselves ahead of Mitch. I love Whitey but one must wonder how good he will be after 2 reco's.

bull$hit, he publicly stated that he wanted to fight for a spot in the midfield prior to the trade period. GC kept persisting so the club saw an opportunity to get some picks for him. I have no doubt that they told him (albeit quite honestly) that he would get limited game time barring injuries to those in front of him. They have effectively rated two two players with four reco's between themselves ahead of Mitch. I love Whitey but one must wonder how good he will be after 2 reco's.
Dude, it was one preseason game worth nothing.

Stop melting over something that just doesn't matter. He got 25 possessions in a NAB Challenge run around. So what?

I thought his contract ran out in October 2014 ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back