Scape Goat Mitch Robinson - to retain or not to retain

Should Mitch Robinson be given a chance to 'redeem' himself!

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care if Simon White lied or not his case is much worse than Robinson but standing within the club and prior mishaps have cost Robinson his spot. Sad for a guy with a new baby boy starting a family. I for one deep down hope we keep him as he's got something other teams don't but have been reliably told that he's been given no indication we'll keep him.

Why would you lie if you had nothing to hide?
He did have something to hide, that he was out on a Sunday night and broke an eye socket.

Simon White and Robinson's scenarios are both self inflicted but the guy who punched a supporter is the worse offender IMO.

White's seems out of character is all. Context is everything.

That comment was made in response to some suggesting that he made an error but should be forgiven because "he's only human".

Criminals are humans too yet that doesn't exonerate them from the responsibility of committing a crime, nor should it.

They are humans that made a mistake as you suggested above. Different kinds of mistakes but it's the same point.

Who's crucifying anyone?

It's rather simple. He lied to the club about an incident he shouldn't have. In my opinion, he shouldn't be on the list. This isn't about the incident, it's the fact he lied and made the club look stupid.

Fair enough. We clearly don't have the same opinion on this...I feel like he's being crucified by a lot of people and you guys think I'm a bleeding heart.

I don't have all of the facts that the club has. On the limited information available to me, I believe that he deserves another chance. You guys don't. It's rather simple...

Which is fine.

I posted an opinion though and had posters tell me why it was wrong. As stated, it's just my opinion.

I'd like to think we don't have to pull everyone up just because they disagree on other's thoughts or opinions.

Anyway, I digress. Carry on.

Is it pulling each other up, though, or is it discussion? No one can be 'wrong' when it's based on feelings and not fact.

Is it pulling each other up, though, or is it discussion? No one can be 'wrong' when it's based on feelings and not fact.
I'd say it was pulling each other up. In a discussion, someone might ask me why I thought what I did. Rather than give me a bizarre story of broken lamps and Alan Didak.

Btw, this is not a crack at you The Old Dark Navy's , just an example I'm using. You're still alright in my books ;)

Just to confirm, it's not as bad to lie as long as you're fearing for your job?

Let's not get too simplistic here.

Lying to the club is bad. Being outside a club at 5 am, while suspended yet again, and getting in a fight .... worse. He's been charged too. Violence and lack of professional preparation > lying.

I genuinely do believe he would have been retained. How stupid did he make our club look by doing what he did?
Fortunately, not very. All the heat was on Robbo.

Regardless, I don't want that kind of s**t at the club. Be it Robbo, Cameron Wood, Bryce Gibbs etc etc.

Neither do I. Gibbs would not have been sacked for lying though. Hell he wouldn't have been sacked for being out at 5 am and fighting.

At the end of the day it's a privilege, not a right to be playing for Carlton. It's about time players like Robbo realised this.

At the end if the day, only the club know the full story. Simon White probably undersold his incident too and is up on charges. I'm not hanging him either without all of the facts. The club get the facts, they make the decision, I support their decision. I withhold judgment on the player unless I am defending the club after the fact.

Last edited:
I voted no. Not because of his lying (he seemed to be protecting a mate), but because his disposal quality is not what we want going forward. if he could improve his disposal, I would say keep him. We need high quality disposal players. He gets a lot of the footy that's without question.

I'd say it was pulling each other up. In a discussion, someone might ask me why I thought what I did. Rather than give me a bizarre story of broken lamps and Alan Didak.

Btw, this is not a crack at you The Old Dark Navy's , just an example I'm using. You're still alright in my books ;)

I'm not telling you that you can't feel what you feel. I'm just eager for us not to take the high moral ground and apply a blanket ... tell a lie, you're out. Feels like we are auditioning to get into heaven or something.

I like having a character policy. I also believe in redemption.

Nope, had too many black marks against his name .. Its all about culture change and obviously he won't be a part of our next premiership team.

The fact The Brisbane Lions lost interest in him after he flew up to meet Peter Schwab speaks volumes ...

Cut him loose

The fact The Brisbane Lions lost interest in him after he flew up to meet Peter Schwab speaks volumes ...

If they opted to meet him after knowing what happened, then it would be the fact he isnt the most articulate bloke that has hurt him. Having said that, he is a giveaway and will be a DFA. Why would they trade for him?

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks sheik.

Sounds like he's gone. He and Lucas finding new homes for 2015 seems like a good outcome.

Doesn't sound good for Brock...

Don't worry about Brock. He's done also.

Article is pretty sure that Robbo has been officially de-listed. That will put a spoiler on this thread then.

Waite/Garlett and Robinson - all gone for one pick in the 60's.

Well done Carlton - well done:rolleyes:

Blaming Carlton..................not the players?

We would have shelled out a pick in the 20's for Taylor Hunt 2 years ago. Things change.
How much were Robinson and Garlett worth? The market told us.

The whining is going to be ten times as bad for Robbo than the Laidler whining this year isn't it? :(

The whining is going to be ten times as bad for Robbo than the Laidler whining this year isn't it? :(

No offense, but I feel like you bring up Laidler more than anyone else does.

People are entitled to express their disappointment at our players leaving, whether they were pushed out, left of their own accord, or were traded.

Until he is officially delisted by the Club, he is still a Carlton listed player.

List lodgement 1 is on the 31st October.

2nd list lodgement - 13th November and final lodgement - Dec 5th.

Thanks Aph. Weird that a journalist would put it in an absolute term and that it was allowed to print. Seems to be a case of counting chickens before they hatch in this article. Mustn't be much to report on for tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back