Draft Profile Mitchell Grigg

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on the development video on the afl site, this kid looks impressive.

Now get yourself a copy of the SANFL Preliminary Final. You'll see an 18 year old kid who is slow, unable to make contests, cannot stick tackles ... not sure if you will guage his skills because he never got the ball.

Don't say you weren't warned. Anyone who drafts this guy will need to assign a sprint coach to him 24/7 and add 4 yards to his pace.

Who are the 10 better players than Grigg in the SA system and who are the 4 Norwood players? You typed it, now back it up or I'll have to assume you're full of it. Grigg will be the second player selected from SA followed by Forster with Wingard No1.

Luke Brown will be the first drafted from Norwood. He is so much better than Grigg. Others who are better are Alex Forster, Josh Allen and James Aish. Those four players work hard on their game and more likely to be a success.

Must admit, Griggs doesn't look like a top 10 pick. Would be unhappy if the Crows used our pick 10 on him

Seems that this Grigg guy is slipping by the week. Wasn't long ago many mocks had him at 4. Now he's in the teens and falling still.

In reality though he probably hasn't moved at all in where recruiters labelled him.

In terms of big footy players rise and slip depending on how much new vision is put out there.

As long as his decision making and awareness are top notch then he can get away with lack of pace. Just look at Pendlebury. Ideally you'd like your inside mids to have a burst of accelaration to give them some room to dispose of the ball once they get the ball but it's not the end of the world.

Where do people expect him to go in the draft? Is he SA's best midfield junior behind Wingard or is that McKenzie?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember Sidebottem having a very slow time, but I guess Grigg hasn't kicked 10 goals in a Grand Final yet :eek:

3.4 seconds doesn't sound right anyway.

Got 15.1 on the beep test, so has a decent tank at least.

Late second, early third round.

Grigg ran a 3.23 at testing at the start of the year.

No chance this kid will slide outside the top 25. I would still be happy for Richmond to take him at 14. He is a footballer and not an athlete, although he ran 15.1 beep which is good.

Got some weapons, but not the quickest off the mark.

3.4 or something there-abouts in the sprints at the Combine.

I'll think you might find Griggs 20 metres times were hindered by the fact he kept breaking the beam with his arm setting off the timer before he took off thereby adding time to the result. Several kids did the same thing.

1 lad had a 4.35 result on 1 run then on the next when he got his start right he was back to 3.1.

Such is life.

Reminded me of Tapscott a bit in the Champs, who also used to play in SA. Big bodied player with a super football brain and damaging kick.

Late first / early second round draft pick is my prediction for Grigg.

Mitch Grigg - 3.19sec 20m sprint, 15.1 beep test

Steele Sidebottom - 3.25sec 20m sprint, 14.5 beep test

puts things into perspective a little bit...

not sure if grigg has as many bags in his tricks as sidebottom though. would prefer kavanagh or greene but wouldn't be unhappy with grigg at 14 for richmond

We will take Green, Kavanagh, or Sumner most likely. Would like McKenzie but 10 might be a bit high for him.

McKenzie looks like a beautiful kick of the footy, if we can grab mid-late first rounder through Gunston/Maric, would love to grab him.

Watched Norwood a bit in the finals, including Griggs game and he didn't stand out at all which worries me. Forster did, so did Brown. Similar to Polec and Smith for the Eagles, doesn't necessarily mean anything, but just raises the odd question mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back