Draft Profile Mitchell Grigg

Remove this Banner Ad

R23.jpg

DOB: 2nd January 1993

Club: Norwwod

Position: Midfielder

Height: 182cm

Weight: 79kg

From the match reports I see he is a long left foot kick, smashes the clearances (9 against Vic C yesterday) and seems to regularly get in the goal kickers too.

Seems to be having a very good champs so far, Can any SA watchers share more about him?

I'm keen to see what he can do when the crow eaters come to victoria for final round.

You've pretty much mentioned him very well from the match reports.

He's the real surprise package of the champs. Tough inside midfielder with an amazing left foot kick and is known to kick goals.

Daniel Rich mk2? ;)

Watched him intently

nearly has it all just lacks a tad of pace and struggles to find space but one of the best inside mids in the draft, Brodie Smith said that last yr he will be the best out of the SA lot behind Wingard

should go 5-20

Sounds like Port might be interested with their first pick, but he should be marked harder as he is older and more physically mature than most u18s.

He has emerged from the pack with a bang in the u18 championships and would be amazed if he makes it past Port's pick.

I would love the Crows to pick him up. A Midfielder who has a great left foot. He looked very impressive against WA.

We only have one left footer I think and that is Chris Knights. The only thing Chris does is kick the ball 60m to a 1 on 3 contest.

Unfortunately Knighta can't kick it 60m any more he struggles to cover 50m these days:(

Grigg is def who I think the crows will target seems to tick all the boxes, hopefully he gets a few games for Norwood before the year is out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the type of player we will be looking at id assume, we need a clearance player, and the club prefer players who can kick long. doubtful he will be there if we have a pick outside the top 10 though.

Sounds perfect for us. Inside player who can kick the pill a long way.

Hopefully we snare him at pick 10 once Adelaide go past us on the ladder!

Sounds like a gun.

He has only just started showing it apparently. His form before the champ was sketchy and was rated around the 20-30 pick mark. I'm pretty sure his form at the moment isn't an aberration but that something has gone and clicked for him, even went and won the SA MVP award.
Now he is rated 5-10, and if it continues I would no doubt be surprised if he surpasses Wingard to a top 4, maybe even, if I want to be rebellious, top 3. I'm sure there are more than a few selectors getting worried about Wingard's concussions and subsequent effects on his game. Wouldn't be surprised if GWS took them both though at 3 and 5 haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back