Draft Profile Mitchell Grigg

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitchell played his 1st league game for Norwood late in 2009 as a 16 year old. Since then he had added only 4 more games and spent most of his time in the Reserves. It's clear to see he has talent, but he lacks something I can't put my finger on. Not over-endowed with pace, and IMHO doesn't appear to work hard enough on his deficiencies. However, he IS only 18 and maybe this will change. I honestly can't believe he would go in the top 10.

A big bodied guy like Grigg who plays on the inside, who is already playing against men, had a great carnival and has a lethal left foot is going to go pretty high. He is not a slider for mine. Around 4-8 I'd guess.

I could definitely see him going at #3 before Chad Wingard. His form of late has been marvelous, whilst Chad has been struggling with injuries. I have no doubt that Chad Wingard will be the better player by a fair margin in the future, but at the moment, with the attributes and the mature body Grigg brings, could be exactly what GWS needs, especially with the lack of "experienced" players coming to them via uncontracted player privileges.

Pretty sure GWS can get him with 5/7 but there is no way that'll happen with Wingard,

Wingard will be 3 sadly

a big fan of Grigg...

why is he not in the ones?

Because their ones are pretty good haha. I wouldnt be surprised if he got a game after the split bye, thats 4 consecutive BOG players now and rightfully deserves another shot

Another best on for Grigg in a losing side yesterday. Haven't seen the stats, but this kid had surely be firming to pick #4 to Port. Maybe even #3....

Love to see him have a run in the seniors

Another best on for Grigg in a losing side yesterday. Haven't seen the stats, but this kid had surely be firming to pick #4 to Port. Maybe even #3....

Love to see him have a run in the seniors

Sorry, but I watched that game. Got a lot of easy possessions and hung onto the ball too long. I don't think he works anywhere near hard enough for AFL clubs to be spending early draft picks on.

As for playing seniors at Norwood, I'd be very surprised if he did. When allowed space he can be impressive, but when the heat's on, he's just another reserves player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, but I watched that game. Got a lot of easy possessions and hung onto the ball too long. I don't think he works anywhere near hard enough for AFL clubs to be spending early draft picks on.

As for playing seniors at Norwood, I'd be very surprised if he did. When allowed space he can be impressive, but when the heat's on, he's just another reserves player.

He is Good enough to make the top 10 this year, I will be surprised if he does not turn out to be a good footballer.
My friends brother is a talent scout for a team which I cannot mention and said that this team is likely to get Grigg.

Ah ok, I'm just going over the BOG ratings on the SANFL. Would love to see him play to see the extent of his so called "laziness"

Ah ok, I'm just going over the BOG ratings on the SANFL. Would love to see him play to see the extent of his so called "laziness"

Norwood have introduced several new players this season, but Grigg cannot get a game. What does that say to people? If they want to draft him top 10, it's up to them, but there are at least 10 better young players in the SA system, let alone Australia. Even at Norwood, there are at least 4 players I'd draft before Grigg.

I had a meeting at Norwood one evening. I was early so I dropped in and watched training for about an hour. I saw two lads in particular working their rings off, and both of them have progressed to playing regular senior football this year. Grigg spent most of his time stuffing around, taking stupid shots at goal, easy options, etc. He strutted around with the arrogance of someone who had played 200 games and won 2 Brownlows.

He has talent, but before he considers himself an AFL player, someone needs to convince him about the value of hard work work. AFL is not a junior carnival where you only have to string together 3-4 games, it's a long hard season, and unless you are prepared to work, you're wasting everyone's time.

Who are the 10 better players than Grigg in the SA system and who are the 4 Norwood players? You typed it, now back it up or I'll have to assume you're full of it. Grigg will be the second player selected from SA followed by Forster with Wingard No1.

Who are the 10 better players than Grigg in the SA system and who are the 4 Norwood players? You typed it, now back it up or I'll have to assume you're full of it. Grigg will be the second player selected from SA followed by Forster with Wingard No1.

Going to go out on a limb here and say that Iallegio is perhaps better. If Grigg is a lazy player, then this guy must pick up the slack. You can't have two players playing for the reserves practically dominating BOG's, without atleast one of them trying or giving it his all.

Finally cracked a promotion to Norwood's league side (first time since the 2010 finals series?) for the big 1st v 2nd showdown with Central Districts (trusting he survives the final squad trim). Just in time for the finals.

Massive talent, but in the 2010 finals series he just had one of those unfortunate days where nothing went right in the preliminary final, and was dropped for the grand final. Be interesting to see whether with another 12 months' experience under his belt, he can hold his nerve and his place this time around.

Hype is a funny thing. I'd always inexpertly looked at Grigg and Michael Ialeggio as 2 peas in a pod; different strengths and weaknesses, but fundamentally similar footballers, same age, with roughly similar talent. Yet Grigg is looked at as at least top 10 ND, and Ialeggio is almost off the radar and would probably take a RD pick if offered it now.

Finally cracked a promotion to Norwood's league side (first time since the 2010 finals series?) for the big 1st v 2nd showdown with Central Districts (trusting he survives the final squad trim). Just in time for the finals.

Massive talent, but in the 2010 finals series he just had one of those unfortunate days where nothing went right in the preliminary final, and was dropped for the grand final. Be interesting to see whether with another 12 months' experience under his belt, he can hold his nerve and his place this time around.

Hype is a funny thing. I'd always inexpertly looked at Grigg and Michael Ialeggio as 2 peas in a pod; different strengths and weaknesses, but fundamentally similar footballers, same age, with roughly similar talent. Yet Grigg is looked at as at least top 10 ND, and Ialeggio is almost off the radar and would probably take a RD pick if offered it now.

I bet you it would be due to his height. It always is. If he was 185cm instead of 175cm, he'd be top 20.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back