Draft Profile Mitchell Grigg

Remove this Banner Ad

His speed puts me off a little bit, but his foot skills are impressive. Would love him at the bombers!

Will he be a player who will be able to have an immediate impact at afl level?

Yes, Think Daniel Rich 1st year Impact, him and Tyson are my bet for the Rising star barring injury.
Will likely be a swell player, but mystifies me why people think this. In his relatively small number of SANFL league games in 2011, he's looked composed and has disposed of it well when he's got it, but just hasn't attracted the pill consistently enough. Nor has he consistently shown he can hold his own vs big, mature bodies. More physically advanced than many (and 19yoa on 2 January so you'd expect that) but just getting runs on the board at state league level and breaking into the team halfway through the year would be a perfectly respectable result. Not everyone has to be a round 1 star.

puts things into perspective a little bit...

not sure if grigg has as many bags in his tricks as sidebottom though. would prefer kavanagh or greene but wouldn't be unhappy with grigg at 14 for richmond

Trade out our 15 for 22 and Lucas, and we'd still be a chance of securing Grigg at 22. Which would be cool.

Will likely be a swell player, but mystifies me why people think this. In his relatively small number of SANFL league games in 2011, he's looked composed and has disposed of it well when he's got it, but just hasn't attracted the pill consistently enough. Nor has he consistently shown he can hold his own vs big, mature bodies. More physically advanced than many (and 19yoa on 2 January so you'd expect that) but just getting runs on the board at state league level and breaking into the team halfway through the year would be a perfectly respectable result. Not everyone has to be a round 1 star.

I think the bold part is why people think he'll break into a starting 22 by round one but it all depends on the where he ends up and the club he ends up at injury list. If Crows did take him at pick 10 he could very well play in round 1 if he plays a good few pre-season games (although if his he can't keep up in these games he won't play round 1). We played Brodie Smith round 1 and Grigg seems to be bigger than him but as I said all depends on where he goes and how he adapts if he plays pre-season games.

Blease and Butcher can still win it next year

Will be one of them
Talia is still eligible (only just as he has now played 9 games) and would have to be a fair chance at getting a nomination at least.

I wouldn't mind us taking Grigg at #27 (although we'd be insane to overlook McKenzie if he was still available) as our midfield is lacking in the kicking skills department. Apart from Mackay, they're all very, very ordinary in that aspect.

Saw some footage of Grigg at the national Carnival, not overly fast but very impressive foot skills.
Rather large call on the Rising Star but!
We have Tutt, Howard, Wallis, Schofield eligible who all debuted this year. I expect some nominations from this group

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm, whether to use 15 on Grigg, or hope he is there at 26.... decisions, decisions

Happy if we draft him, but gee hasn't he slipped in just 2 months:confused:

Lol UTG he has only slipped in BigFootyWorld.

In reality recruiters probably have him in exactly the same possie.

Might be this years Jack Darling.

However I doubt he'll slide into the second round. Mind you neither did Darling.

Interesting to note that one of Mitch's coaches said something along the lines of "we hope he gets picked up late in the draft" in the inside football draft special.

Interesting to note that one of Mitch's coaches said something along the lines of "we hope he gets picked up late in the draft" in the inside football draft special.

Great. Just after I pick him at 15 in the Footy Tragic Phantom...:mad:

That is a bizarre comment, but I cannot imagine it doesn't have some accuracy if it was said. Maybe the implication was that we hope he gets picked up, but late because he needs to stop thinking his s**t doesn't stink. Ahhh, who knows.

Maybe he actually said "we hope he gets picked up around 8 in the draft"...;)

I'd be fascinated to know the reasoning behind that comment, but if it is an opinion shared, then if we like him that would probably make us OK to pass on him at 15 in the expectation he is available later (surely not at 55 though).

Any resemblance to Shannon Hurn? Reads like big bodied slowish player with a raking long kick, but not necessarily a massive ball winning machine. I wonder how he compares to the likes of Tapscott, Sidebottom, Rich and Hurn. Favorably?

Interestingly enough, he's plummeted in pretty much everyone's drafts bar snoop dog's and Quigley's (and Quigley often rates the toughish midfielders highly, he rated Ziebell and Sidebottom highly).

Great. Just after I pick him at 15 in the Footy Tragic Phantom...:mad:

That is a bizarre comment, but I cannot imagine it doesn't have some accuracy if it was said. Maybe the implication was that we hope he gets picked up, but late because he needs to stop thinking his s**t doesn't stink. Ahhh, who knows.

Maybe he actually said "we hope he gets picked up around 8 in the draft"...;)

I'd be fascinated to know the reasoning behind that comment, but if it is an opinion shared, then if we like him that would probably make us OK to pass on him at 15 in the expectation he is available later (surely not at 55 though).

Pick 26 makes sense, although Richmond could pick up a half forward flanker to replace Morton and Brown, who wasn't replaced, and someone to partner Nahas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back