Meltdown "mmm, bananas bobbing around like a cork in the ocean!", says Cometti!!!111

Remove this Banner Ad

Good luck to the next team that gets done for governance then.

2.5mill
2 years of draft picks
booted from finals

Is now the starting point
Weird that the same organisation that punished them for doping would then later have an "independent" tribunal clear them.

Denis does appear to be saying they should have it taken off them because they'll be craphouse, rather than full bore coming out and speaking the blindingly obvious.

The faux stiff upper lip spirit of Anzac stuff will be even more stomach churning than usual this year.

A team of Aussie outcasts and battlers.

Technically it's correct. CAS punished them. The AFL only sanctioned them for poor governance.

Precisely. And CAS only punished the players.

I think it's somewhat clear what Essendon really got punished for and Governance is a nice banner to put it under. However it is strange that the AFL would punish the Club and then later on clear them for the same thing.

It will be fascinating to see how this Anzac Day pans out.

I would piss myself if the Bombers got all fired up and came out breathing fire against the Pies and rolled them.

Sheeds would go hilariously drunken monkey bananas and Buckley would get so cut, it would be comical in the extreme.

I mean, Anzac Day is funny by definition, two onfield mediocrities prancing about and styling themselves like some sort of gladiators.

Laughable.

By the records written in stone (paper) how is that statement incorrect?

Was talking about the poster. Funny to know it's written in stone!

Weird that the same organisation that punished them for doping would then later have an "independent" tribunal clear them.
I agree.

Let us hope they don't go early again next time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Essendon win Anzac Day, Sheeds will be crapping on about 93 more than ever.

(93 being the year er ... they ah ... cheated as well)

Just let it go dude.

Accuracy is of vital importance. I don't wish to discuss the matter further here, but wilful untruths will not be tolerated on the main board.

Both those players tested positive to a banned substance quite hard for Collingwood deny it.
3 seasons down the tube and 34 past and present players with a 12 month lay off and of course all the other treats that came with it. Positive tests or none, maybe it might be time to realise that deny deny deny was not the best strategy for Essendon to run with.

a national embarrassment - well beyond the AFL- to have them involved

At one level yes, at the same time, Worsfold is making the right noises about going forward. They really don't help themselves with stupid marches and "not guilty" signs, but sooner or later things will move on and it will be history.

It is history now, just fairly raw history.

Much like the French revolution, it is far too early to tell the full impacts of the Hird disaster at Essendon.

It will be fascinating to see how this Anzac Day pans out.

I would piss myself if the Bombers got all fired up and came out breathing fire against the Pies and rolled them.

Sheeds would go hilariously drunken monkey bananas and Buckley would get so cut, it would be comical in the extreme.

I mean, Anzac Day is funny by definition, two onfield mediocrities prancing about and styling themselves like some sort of gladiators.

Laughable.

Judging by your posts it seems like you have a napoleon complex. They have a big game every year, I wish my club had one, I hate those guys!

Come on now you and I both know from your past life that even you are better than taking a euphemism as a literal.

But I was just going along with... my past... wat

Judging by your posts it seems like you have a napoleon complex. They have a big game every year, I wish my club had one, I hate those guys!

Agree. MaddAdam would 100% be a short bloke. :fire:

On topic the only issue I have with Cometti saying this is that - as with all fixturing items - there shouldn't be any need to "take off" a specific day.

I envy nothing about the Essendon Football Club.

Also, I don't think you know what a Napoleon complex is.

I usually never watch Anzac Day to the end, its a good excuse for a few arvo pots, but is almost always a crap match.

Also, a "big game" is not defined by how many credulous fools can be parted with their hard earned (or other's hard earned) to attend, it is one that has a direct impact on the race for the premiership, something Anzac Day never ever does.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back