MRP / Trib. Moore on report - intentional umpire contact

Remove this Banner Ad

Moore is a top ten draft pick. Has a mountain of potential and is pretty much unstoppable in the SANFL. Put him in the AFL and for whatever reason he is a different player. Has been completely overtaken by Young, and I would not be surprised to see both DBJ and Amon go past him this year. He is a massive disappointment.

I would love to see him succeed. But as with Butcher, the clock is ticking.

Fair call imo.
Wake up Moorey Wake up.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/no...ys-garry-hocking/story-fndv7pj3-1227313475590
No malice in incident that left Andrew Moore facing SANFL tribunal, says Garry Hocking
PORT Magpies coach Garry Hocking says there was no malice involved in an incident that left hard nut Andrew Moore charged with making contact with an umpire.

Hocking believes “classy” Moore was simply gesturing to the umpire about an incident in the first quarter - but now has to wait to see if the SANFL tribunal agrees.
Moore, 23, was directed straight to the tribunal after allegedly making contact with an umpire during the Magpies’ win over North Adelaide last Saturday.
Hocking said being inappropriately aggressive to an umpire would be out of character.
More ......
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/no...ys-garry-hocking/story-fndv7pj3-1227313475590
upload_2015-4-21_14-29-36.png
Andrew Moore is tackled during the second quarter of Port’s clash with North Adelaide at Alberton.
Has he got Moore by his leg ...

What about when an ump pats a player on the bum after he's kicked a goal against Port?

It's the same as a woman patting a bloke on the bum, if she initiates the contact it's ok, if he does, then it's usually a different story.

I used to work with a woman who was a serial bum patter, but when one bloke was silly enough to respond she got all huffy. :confused:

Re the Moore situation, I think umps are obligated to report players who touch them even though they may not wish too.

What's going on here? He's an in for the Power unless this goes pear shaped.

It's almost given that he's going to get suspended. According to the media in this city that he "SHOVED" the umpire painting it as much worse than what it actually was.

We are a much better team when Moore is playing. When he finally gets some continuity of match time he will emerge as a player. Moore is no Butch and he is no Newton. If he isn't suspended Moore will be an automatic inclusion... (just watch Hinkley's press conference after the game. Hinkley likes Moore.)

Last edited:
Taking an awfully long time given the obvious video evidence and the admission of guilt. I am fearing a stich up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No surprises there. If he did that in the afl it would have been 5-6 weeks and front page news. Can't push an ump....sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back