Toast Morabito tracking thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He is keen to play on according to people who would know. But if he gets the chance etc.. who knows.

What's people's expectations of that club, full list, rookie or cut. If he's keen to play on will be interesting. I myself think that after another twelve months being out rookie is the best then no expectations and not taking a senior spot.

What's people's expectations of that club, full list, rookie or cut. If he's keen to play on will be interesting. I myself think that after another twelve months being out rookie is the best then no expectations and not taking a senior spot.

I agree. If he still has the drive to play - we should rookie him (assuming medical reports give him a high % to play sustained football) and see where the year takes us

Yes rookie looks the best case scenario. Gee Id love to see him string a couple of seasons together. That would be an amazing story!

What's a rookie list spot and contract worth?

There's a small chance he'll come good and play some games which would be awesome and is what everyone is hoping for, but, sticking with the guy, showing some faith and keeping him around the club could be worth more.

Shows the other players the club is there for them and the club has their back etc. They aren't necessarily just a number that gets thrown to the dogs when things go bad.

Money can't buy that kind of feeling in the workplace environment or the potential of luring others across to us because we are such a great club that sticks together. Gives the injured boys someone to look at, talk to and appreciate that their lot isn't that bad after all and they need to put in and get back because people like Anthony would do anything to but cant.

End of the day footy is a business and the clubs make business decisions. Might not be all about Mora running out in purple.

The club has shown great support already. No way should he be on the list for sympathy. He should be on if he is a chance to make it. If not there are other ways to support.

Somewhere between 60 and 100k according to this.

But for rookies only half of it counts towards the salary cap.

I think there is a proviso for previously listed players to be free of salary restrictions if they move to the RL - just a vague recolection, but I think so.

In any case, a rookie spot would make sense. Though it would mean he has to go through the draft. Very unlikely that anybody else would pick him up, but it's always a possiblity especially as we'd be last (hopefully) or close to last pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morra is back from Germany and training . He was running slowly on Tuesday and in the Gym today so he hasn't given up the dream yet.

I hope not

He's still my favourite at my "local side"

do we know if he went to germany for leisure or was he seeking treatment/advice on the knee?

The Germans lead the world in sports medicine .I believe he had the same treatment or similar as Goddard . It takes time to know if it worked .

I think there is a proviso for previously listed players to be free of salary restrictions if they move to the RL - just a vague recolection, but I think so.

In any case, a rookie spot would make sense. Though it would mean he has to go through the draft. Very unlikely that anybody else would pick him up, but it's always a possiblity especially as we'd be last (hopefully) or close to last pick.
That might be related to contracted players being delisted. If a player is contracted for next season and delisted this season their salary for next season applies to this season's salary cap (total player payments) but if that player is then rookie listed their salary rolls over to the next season.

With Sylvia and Crowley out, and the fact that we still have retirements coming, we should have the list space to keep him in the list of we really want to.

There is more of a squeeze than you think. Both Moller and Ballard need to be upgraded or dropped. I would expect Moller to stay, Ballard is harder to tell. At the moment only Sylvia is the only "out" player. We will need to delist (retire) or trade 3 to 4 additional players IMHO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back