Toast Morabito tracking thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Statistics wise Mora was just as good col syliva, and col played the whole game! It seems (very early on) he has good chemistry with the boys which is important. I hope he continues to grow and becomes a weapon again! These things will take time no doubt.

Lol, the players were looking for Morabito at every opportunity. I don't think those stats are an indication of his regular output.

Mora probably won't be back till round 18, 19 or 20. That's a best case scenario. I would think that this year he will train, get his fitness back and get confidence in his knee. I hope he plays a heap of WAFL games and tears them apart. Mora has nothing but time to come back to the AFL. He is an A grade talent and will not be
rushed.

Sent from my C625b using Tapatalk

Just thought I'd put it out there that I was pretty close in my predicted return date for Mora to come back :)

So happy for the bloke.

Lyon has already given Mora a game for next week.
Big power midfielder, what more could we want :)
Thats what Ross said in the presser. Along the lines of all sentimentality aside we (FFC) are looking for a power midfielder. Anthony is a great bloke and all but we are hoping to have (another) big strong player in our side come finals.

I'd forgotten how massive a kick he has! Pity he wasn't as confident on his left but still, fantastic to see him back out there.

I heard Ross say the same but reading between the lines he was also saying that Mora has got to pick himself, it is yet to be seen ( very early days ) if Mora will be the Mora we saw 4 years ago. The game has changed a lot, particularly the way Freo now play. Mora may find it a lot harder then before or else he will really fire ( which I am really hoping ), he still may find himself back at Peel. Lets all keep our fingers crossed.

Also did anyone catch Barra on 7 talking to Ballas, and he asked him about the size of mora , that they say what's stated is now incorrect, Ballas said that he is a big boy now, his weight is 90 something kg and he clearly said his height is 195cm ? Mora does have a stooped stance when he walks , doesn't look like he is standing completely straight up. Could this be his height? If it is , he surely has grown.

I heard Ross say the same but reading between the lines he was also saying that Mora has got to pick himself, it is yet to be seen ( very early days ) if Mora will be the Mora we saw 4 years ago. The game has changed a lot, particularly the way Freo now play. Mora may find it a lot harder then before or else he will really fire ( which I am really hoping ), he still may find himself back at Peel. Lets all keep our fingers crossed.
Is the Mora we saw 4 years ago good enough to stay in the side?
I don't think so.
It does however, look like he has improved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I really like about Mora is the way he runs in straight lines. Seems to still have the knack for finding space on his own in the middle of the ground and just running straight at the goals. Makes ground the way Hill does, running 30 or 40 then hoofing it 50+. You can't teach that s**t.
The run today where he linked up with Pearce and then delivered lace out to Sandi as well as his defensive mark shows he still has big offensive weapons.
14 possies says he still knows how to find the footy. If they want to tag him then Happy days for Hill, Mundy and Fyfe.

Geeze he played amazing today. The roar over the TV was amazing. <3 you guys!

We always knew it, and I'm glad they didn't rush him back into the side when he wasn't ready, because he's shaping up to become another gun. Today he showed a few glimpses of why he was picked in the draft before Fyfe. And that's with Fyfe being the best player in the comp (only slightly biased, but still probably true). You certainly can't tell by his running that he's come back off 3 knee recos and only played 1 game in 4 years. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks he can get the tank to run out a full game, because I think he's here to stay in the best 22.

He exceeded my expectations today. Broke the lines beautifully and was a big driver behind us putting our foot on the throat of a tired GWS.

Best sub game of the year for me, and the biggest highlight from the game.

After missing so much development time I was worried he would be a shadow of the player he once promised to be, but that was a very encouraging performance.

I love how poised he was when he had the ball, could easily have lost his head and bombed away but was careful not to waste the ball. Im still pretty worried about how his body will hold up but wow what a mid season injection. Loved how everybody got behind him. Doesn't look like he has lost his pace or his agility!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back