Toast Morabito tracking thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we'll see mora play full games soon but he really is the epitome of a super sub IMO.
He can endurance run, has burst speed, play at either end or in the middle and knows where to put himself to get the pill.

Will be great to see his match fitness build and see his own self belief build toward the end of the season.

Got a feeling it will be mora, Sylvia,neale or Ibbo (pending match-ups) who will be the sub later in the year.

Great Game by the Beast. A couple of beautiful runs down the guts!

Loved how he didn't even need to come onto the field to get the crowd going - as soon as he was shown taking off the green vest on the big screen the crowd started going mental.

Amazing feeling around the ground when he finally stepped over the white line - goosebumps time!

#MorraReturns

I was watching the guys doing their best to give him the ball, and bring him into the game, so i started thinking it wasn't as good as it seemed BUT then... he did run and run and run, and he looked much more settled than last week and had him self in the right positions to get those possessions. He needs to take some heat of his handballs, but otherwise, very stoked. He looked massive lining up in the centre square, and if we have another winger who can go through the mid, with power... it is just another string to the midfield bow.

I was watching the guys doing their best to give him the ball, and bring him into the game, so i started thinking it wasn't as good as it seemed BUT then... he did run and run and run, and he looked much more settled than last week and had him self in the right positions to get those possessions. He needs to take some heat of his handballs, but otherwise, very stoked. He looked massive lining up in the centre square, and if we have another winger who can go through the mid, with power... it is just another string to the midfield bow.

Shows they want him in the team.

It also shows he knows where to run to receive, which is something that he's added since he last played in 2010. Very exciting.

Just remember that he is trying to get the 2011 gameplan out of his head !!!!.

You can't really use his teammates feeding him the ball at every opportunity as a knock on his game, after all the team does the same thing with Hill every week.

It makes sense to try feed your linebreakers the ball as much as possible.

Hit the nail on it's head.

What does it say about the lack of honouring Sylvia's leads ?.

Respect is earned, not given.

Did notice Sylvia get ignored when in the clear by about 3 players. Guess it happens to all players but I did wonder. As i said in another thread, Sylvia did most things ok but did not impact enough again and did not score again (would have been nice if the 50m kick hadn't been touched though). He will be replaced by Walters and even maybe Crozier soon - last last last chance coming up on the weekend?

It's because we are very Pavlich-oriented. Apeness didn't get many of his leads honoured either. A few weeks back they were talking about it on the telecast, Fremantle go to Pavlich more than any other team goes to 1 particular player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just remember that he is trying to get the 2011 gameplan out of his head !!!!.

I'd prefer it if he does have the 2011 gameplan in his head if he's going to play as a deep winger. We've got enough grunt and defensive run we need more players to take the game on. Starting to do it now with our centre clearance work with Fyfe, Mundy and Suban on the weekend, Hill looking to break tackles when he plays. It makes us a much more dominant team that's harder to shut down.

Surely both sides have seen enough to sign him on for a year, maybe two extension. Mora has to be happy, getting promised games at the start of a week has to be positive and reassures that he is part of the short and long term future.

I wonder the impact of how great the crowd was on the weekend has on his long term decision?

Just get the deal done FFC, let him focus on being that X factor we need for the finals

Did notice Sylvia get ignored when in the clear by about 3 players. Guess it happens to all players but I did wonder. As i said in another thread, Sylvia did most things ok but did not impact enough again and did not score again (would have been nice if the 50m kick hadn't been touched though). He will be replaced by Walters and even maybe Crozier soon - last last last chance coming up on the weekend?

Yeah doesnt seem to get used much,also noticed at the end of the game where players pair off or in threes to hand the dockers hats off to the crowd......he cut a lonely figure as he made his way to the Roberts road pocket......seemed a bit strange but probably nothing in it

Surely both sides have seen enough to sign him on for a year, maybe two extension. Mora has to be happy, getting promised games at the start of a week has to be positive and reassures that he is part of the short and long term future.

I wonder the impact of how great the crowd was on the weekend has on his long term decision?

Just get the deal done FFC, let him focus on being that X factor we need for the finals

His manager would be smart to hold for as long as possible.

If he has a good finals he could get an extra 100-200k.

You can't really use his teammates feeding him the ball at every opportunity as a knock on his game, after all the team does the same thing with Hill every week.

It makes sense to try feed your linebreakers the ball as much as possible.
nah I didnt mean it as a knock on his game, just trying to contain my excitement. haha

cant wait to see todays game reports!

Stoked to see him starting today, tended to rush his first few touches in his last couple games (completely understandable, it's hard to adjust to the pace of the game after a long hiatus particularly coming on as a sub imo) but he gets the chance to work his way steadily into it today.

Watch him kick 2 first quarter goals now.

4 possessions in a complete game (altho wasn't alone).. I think he is the perfect sub and should be played there this year.

I said in another thread that I'd thought that Mora would start as sub because he just doesn't have the tank required at this level. Don't want to say told you so, but .... well told you so. He just doesn't have anything near the match fitness for AFL level and was amazed when I'd seen he was starting.

I saw in the first quarter that he was spent and I knew then that there was no way he'd play out the game with any effectiveness. If the rest of the team was playing half decently we may have carried him, so don't want to put too much on him - but if anybody needed convincing why Mora has been sitting in the WAFL for so long and now playing as a sub, you can see why.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back