Media More Meaning Added to Demons Vs Wonders

Remove this Banner Ad

By the Finest man in the SFA

In breaking news it has been reported that the top heads at the West Coast Wonders and the Mount Buller Demons are in agreement to add more on stake in their regular season matches against each other by announcing that both teams will be fighting it out for the ‘Foundation Cup’. The Foundation Cup is a celebration of the two original teams that have remained in the league since day one.

The idea originated back in Round 14 last season when Wonders midfielder PVF made this comment:
I think this game should have abit more importance considering both teams are the only original teams left in the competition.
With former Demons captain, Juggalo Balla also chiming in by coming up with the name of the cup.

At tonight’s press conference PVF had this to say about the news:

“It’s great for this news to finally be announced. Even though there is a lot of fantasy around this place both teams feel proud to have stuck around since the beginning when the league started 15 seasons ago and being the only two teams out of the twenty five or so to still be going strong since the start. This will no doubt add more meaning to what has already been a fiery rivalry throughout the years and hopefully the younger players can appreciate the history of both clubs. I feel very privileged to have been able to run out onto the field with both teams during my career.”

The home ground where the cup will be first played for will be decided by a drinking competition between wmoore and Rhodesy_Blues and then the venue will switch each season. The cup itself will be unveiled a few days before the game is played.

History Lesson:

- Both teams have had name changes throughout their 15 seasons in the league. The West Coast Wonders were originally the Seventh Wonders and changed to the West Coast Wonders in season 7 while the Demons were originally called Team Pump but changed it to Mount Buller in season 3.
- The Wonders and Demons have played against eachother in 34 regular season matches with both teams winning 17 games each.
- They have both played off in the finals twice with the Wonders winning both encounters and making the Grand Final each time.

This was not a SFA MEDIA publication.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I once saw Rhodesy_Blues drink pure gasoline. Then smoke a cigar. The man was born to do this...
I once saw him do both at the same time. The problem with that was with gas being ignitable and the end of a cigar being an igniter, it set his throat on fire.

He ran out the match, didn't have to come off or anything. Tough bastard.

Anyone can throw accusations like that out there.

But you play for the Roys man, calling any other team meaningless is like me calling people out for changing clubs.

The Roys will slowly come and get you now. You have made a very easy enemy.

Drinking contest eh?

Someone pass me a pineapple cruiser.

I once saw him do both at the same time. The problem with that was with gas being ignitable and the end of a cigar being an igniter, it set his throat on fire.

He ran out the match, didn't have to come off or anything. Tough bastard.

Just add cough syrup and I call it a Flamin' Rhodesy

I can remember taking turns bottle bonging cruisers.

You spew you lose. You don't finish the whole thing in one go you get ridiculed :p

Did you plaid each others hair afterwards?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back