More ticketing confusion for the richmond game ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
After forking out bigtime recently I was looking for some relief.

MCG website suggests m1 to m8 is GA but follow the link to ticketek and those ares seem to need an upgrade
Is anyone in the know on this ? Funny how the m level at ponsford is not GA

Event: AFL Round 6
Teams: Richmond v Hawthorn
Date: Sunday April 27, 2014
Start time: 3.20pm

Gate opening:
Public: 1.00pm
AFL Members Reserve: 1.00pm
MCC Members Reserve: 12.30pm
Expected attendance: 45,000

General admission seating:
Great Southern Stand
M1-M8
Q1-Q7
Q8-Q15 (Rows P-DD)

Olympic Stand
Q49-Q57
Ponsford Stand
Q29-Q36

Cheersquad allocation:
Richmond - Bay M3 (Rows A-K) and M4 (Rows A-K)
Hawthorn - Bay M33 (Rows A-S)

Public Tickets:

Match Classification is "B". View seating plan.

Reserved seats on sale now at Ticketek. Prices are as follows:

The difference between ga and cat 4 for adults is $10, for concession $9

For a hawks member to upgrade replacement game to cat 4. $14 adult or concession

Whats the logic ? The logic is we are cash cows in the variable pricing schedule

The richmond membership areas

Why wouldnt they go for m1 to m9 to be near the cheer squad ?

View attachment 53136

Interesting to note that Richmond have reserve seat packages available on the 2nd level of the Ponsford Stand. Meanwhile we shift our members to the top deck of the Olympic Stand and leave the 2nd level of the Ponsford for public use...

After forking out bigtime recently I was looking for some relief.

MCG website suggests m1 to m8 is GA but follow the link to ticketek and those ares seem to need an upgrade
Is anyone in the know on this ? Funny how the m level at ponsford is not GA
No confusion, M1 to M8 is GA, Ticketek is not offering these for sale and from what I can see doesn't imply anything about needing upgrades to sit there.

As for Ponsford end, this is a bit unusual. I never sit there but over the years at least part of level 1 has been GA for our away games except for Collingwood. Having all of this as reserved seating is a gouge, especially considering they are only predicting 45K (seems a bit low to me). GA people will be forced up to level 4 and there will be empty seats on level 1. This sort of thing really shits me, there is plenty of room for all, ground will only be half full, yet they want people to pay extra ($14 or $24 at the moment) for level 1 seats behind the goals. AFL CGAGF.

The Ponsford Level 1 area hasn't been GA for Tigers v Hawks games for a while now. Well, there may have been some walk up seats right behind/next to the cheersquad in previous years, but they were certainly on a 'first in best dressed' basis. What's different this year is that the Level 2 area in the Ponsford is unavailable/sold out. I imagine that would be for Tigers members, but I will also assume it won't be anywhere near capacity for Sunday's match. The crowd is going to look sparse in certain areas.

Interesting to note that Richmond have reserve seat packages available on the 2nd level of the Ponsford Stand. Meanwhile we shift our members to the top deck of the Olympic Stand and leave the 2nd level of the Ponsford for public use...
But we have M1 to M8 reserved at home games which Richmond don't, looks like they have more premium type memberships needing a level 2 seat, where as we have more basic types with a level 1 seat. There is only so much seating the AFL will hand over for home games, and considering our level 1 areas are always half empty there is no way the AFL will hand us more.

But we have M1 to M8 reserved at home games which Richmond don't, looks like they have more premium type memberships needing a level 2 seat, where as we have more basic types with a level 1 seat. There is only so much seating the AFL will hand over for home games, and considering our level 1 areas are always half empty there is no way the AFL will hand us more.

Perhaps that said our premium membership (Kennedy, Legends + Gold) has a waiting list several years in the making whilst our Silver membership (which occupies level 1 of the Southern Stand) has never gone close to sell out.

I have no doubt that if we had a seating configuration similar to Richmond (which would involve taking several thousand Silver memberships out of the reserve) the current problems we have with empty seats would dissipate. The biggest issue we have with our membership is that our reserve is far too vast for our support/membership base. By the numbers our reserve would be a similar size to Collingwood and yet its only ever 70% full

if i bought a public reserve seat could i use that to head over to a GA seat?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

45,000 expected? o_O Last years game drew 64,324 and that was our home game. As this is one of our replacement games there should be plenty of Hawthorn members who can scan their membership card and sit in the General Admission area without the need of upgrading to a reserved seat. This game will get 50,000+ in my opinion.

45,000 expected? o_O Last years game drew 64,324 and that was our home game. As this is one of our replacement games there should be plenty of Hawthorn members who can scan their membership card and sit in the General Admission area without the need of upgrading to a reserved seat. This game will get 50,000+ in my opinion.

Tiges are cooked

As we all know they're bigger than Ben Hur until such point as they start losing...

Perhaps that said our premium membership (Kennedy, Legends + Gold) has a waiting list several years in the making whilst our Silver membership (which occupies level 1 of the Southern Stand) has never gone close to sell out.

I have no doubt that if we had a seating configuration similar to Richmond (which would involve taking several thousand Silver memberships out of the reserve) the current problems we have with empty seats would dissipate. The biggest issue we have with our membership is that our reserve is far too vast for our support/membership base. By the numbers our reserve would be a similar size to Collingwood and yet its only ever 70% full
M1 to m8 should have been hawks members GA, first in best dressed
Silver cant guarantee a gf seat so its a bit of a rip

Remove this Banner Ad

Back