Votes: 8 8.9%
  • McKernan

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • McKenna

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Reading through best 22s, most people are pretty safe and pick sides that mirror last year's 22.

Pick a player who played less than 8 games last year who you to break into the 22, ignoring Cooney, Gwilt and Giles. Gleeson played 9 and would probably be the obvious choice if he was in criteria.

Nick O'Brien
Jason Ashby
Tayte Pears
Alex Browne
Aries Steinberg
Shaun McKernan
Elliot Kavanagh
Jayden Leverde
Kyle Langford
Orazio Fantasia
Will Hams
Kurt Aylett
Shaun Edwards
Lachlan Dalgleish
Jake Long

I'll say:
Most likely- Fantasia
2. Ashby
3. Dalgleish
Racist thread, no Irishmen....

Ashby and Fantasia are the players most likely. Fantasia has the benefit of playing as a forward/mid which will give him opportunities, though I can see Ashby playing 150+ games.

The future is now, enter Laverde.
IMG_4814DesktopResolution_zpsd96969ab.jpg

image by soulnet @BB
2 future Brownlow Medallists in one photo!

The club needs half of those players to be genuine fringe players where injuries to experienced players sees them getting experience without weakening the side. It then needs half of those half (a quarter for the mathematical minded types) to make it as genuine best 22 players in the next 3 years.

1. Laverde - Because he will get every opportunity and he has the skill / speed combo our best football needs.

2. Browne - Because again he should get every chance, because it is probably his last. He is the type of footballer you get excited to watch with the ball.

3. J . Merritt - not sure why the wheels fell off last year but if we can get his confidence back, his disposal into the 50 is worth his spot.

Without the benefit of seeing the pre-season form I can really only work backwards from the areas of weakness we have.

As a really mobile, 6'3 midfielder come forward who is solid overhead and with excellent disposal it is really hard to see Laverde not getting a lot of chances to fill in for Winderlich and Champan.

With his work rate, mobility and class (both in front of goal and generally) Fantasia is another who I expect will get a lot of opportunities forward.

Jack Merrett and Gleeson will obviously play a lot of footy.

Dalgleish should play a lot

Without the benefit of seeing the pre-season form I can really only work backwards from the areas of weakness we have.

As a really mobile, 6'3 midfielder come forward who is solid overhead and with excellent disposal it is really hard to see Laverde not getting a lot of chances to fill in for Winderlich and Champan.

With his work rate, mobility and class (both in front of goal and generally) Fantasia is another who I expect will get a lot of opportunities forward.

Jack Merrett and Gleeson will obviously play a lot of footy.

Dalgleish should play a lot
Not sure why Edwards name isn't coming up? People had him making best 22 by the end of this year 12 months ago. He is 22 and surely will have ironed out some deficiencies by the end of the preseason. I've got him neck and neck with Dalgleish and just hope that one of them comes up with the goods...

Browne will be given opportunities ahead of others both for the exemplarily manner in which he went about his recovery, and because we need to find out about him one way or another in 2015.

Not sure why Edwards name isn't coming up? People had him making best 22 by the end of this year 12 months ago. He is 22 and surely will have ironed out some deficiencies by the end of the preseason. I've got him neck and neck with Dalgleish and just hope that one of them comes up with the goods...

Browne will be given opportunities ahead of others both for the exemplarily manner in which he went about his recovery, and because we need to find out about him one way or another in 2015.

Dalgleish is much better defensively and off than ball than Edwards.

Because people hadn't seen very much of Edwards this time last year, and now VFL watchers have seen him for most of this season. Raw, extremely talented (one of the most talented players on our list) but is still not there yet. But when it all clicks (which could be in the second week of 2015 or the last week of 2018), watch out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because people hadn't seen very much of Edwards this time last year, and now VFL watchers have seen him for most of this season. Raw, extremely talented (one of the most talented players on our list) but is still not there yet. But when it all clicks (which could be in the second week of 2015 or the last week of 2018), watch out.

Or the possibility like Leeroy Jetta it never clicks? ps. only comparing the two because Jetta had talent in spades, could never put it together though.

As much as I would love to see someone like Kav or even Will Hams come in, who do they displace from our obvious best 22?

After saying that, Browne and Ashby are two guys who could play in a number of positions and do well.

Dalgleish is another who could potentially break out in 2015 as a super sub, Trav Colyer style

I don't think Colyer was sub once in 2014. Was he?

Or the possibility like Leeroy Jetta it never clicks? ps. only comparing the two because Jetta had talent in spades, could never put it together though.
Edwards is more talented.

Would have thought Nick Kommer would have to "break back into the 22". Given Hird's love affair with him should be a monty, but to be honest I'm unsure of his injury status atm. If he's fit, and Pears is on that list. Kommer should be too. What's the deal with him anyway, injury wise?

I hope Kommer gets fit and plays really good 2s footy, but is kept out by the good form of kids- Merretts, Fantasia, Laverde. That'd be beautiful.

If kids can play well enough it'd be a nice balance with our older smalls Chappy, Winders and Coons.

Back