News Must read: The hilarity of the botched release of the AFL's newest gaming title

Remove this Banner Ad

May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'm sure a lot of people have now seen a bit about it on socials, but I wanted to potentially showcase some of the stuff that might not have made the headlines.

I also want to say that a representative of the company is active in the thread for the game in the Gaming board, and I respect that he is fronting up in light of what has happened; and I'm not making a thread to sink the boots in, I just think that it is some of the funnier stuff you will see on the internet and the lighter side of the whole thing needs to be appreciated. Also, I would like to make something for posterities sake where we can look back with fondness and mirth at how we put Australian botched game releases on the map, and gave the unprecedentedly ignominious Cyberpunk release a run for it's money.

Now, without further adieu, I have enclosed some of my favourite highlights since the release date a day and a bit ago:

View attachment 1598886-74ce22bed06e6c8d509a7554338170c2.mp4

r/AFL - Adam Simpson has found a new job

Adam Simpson somehow being cast as the goal umpire during the middle of the game.

8B09432A-EF6A-4C55-9319-A88085121542.png

Brisbane Lions players receiving their address during the quarter-time break from the... goal umpire. [ Credit: chessnuts676 ]

game3.PNG

game2.PNG

game.PNG

game4.PNG
A customer rating of 1.1 has been rendered, only .1 higher than the lowest possible figure.

Last edited:
I for one enjoyed having 700 combined points when I signed a game in management mode lol

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who purchased a digital version and can't get a refund...Mention "Australian Consumer Law".
They'll fold faster than Essendon players folding into an eldritch homunculus.
Happened with Cyberpunk.
Happened with Fallout 76.

Saw one clip which involved Scott Pendlebury running 150 metres and scoring goal of the year.

Subscribed!
Can't wait to see more 😂
The developers have been working feverishly on patches to address the glitches, so I think the worst has already happened.

The funny thing is that the majority of games would crash before the match was over, so the opportunity to get some good meme content was actually quite restricted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back