FTA-TV My Kitchen Rules

Remove this Banner Ad

Now this is funny, Nice one. :thumbsu::D

Yeah that younger one is particularly hot.

All this strategy talk too I find curious. Above all this show is about cooking talent. Even if you blag your way through a round or two, when you come to a head to head where it's just Manu and Pete judging you, you're going to get found out pretty quick. Also, only one team going from the bottom six in another instant restaurant? If they keep going at this pace, the series might wrap up by Christmas.

Yeah that younger one is particularly hot.

All this strategy talk too I find curious. Above all this show is about cooking talent. Even if you blag your way through a round or two, when you come to a head to head where it's just Manu and Pete judging you, you're going to get found out pretty quick. Also, only one team going from the bottom six in another instant restaurant? If they keep going at this pace, the series might wrap up by Christmas.

Will also need to be a hell of alot quicker, as they only have a certain amount of time for each course, will definately find out who can actually cook.

Also, only one team going from the bottom six in another instant restaurant? If they keep going at this pace, the series might wrap up by Christmas.

Yeah, they've always done it that way. Right from the first season (when the second round of contestants was the series big surprise) they only eliminated one team.

It's rating its socks off (almost 2 million watched the lawyer and doctor cook) so expect them to make this as painful and drawn out as possible. I wonder if after the elimination round it will turn into Masterchef 2.0 like last season.

I like the docror and the lawyer-they say what they think to the other contestants (not just to a private TV camera) so they're not hypocrites, they score other teams fairly and they can cook. The reason they've been treated appallingly is because of homophobia. They got the second highest score from the judges in their group and the lowest from their fellow contestants. Pretty see through.

I like the docror and the lawyer-they say what they think to the other contestants (not just to a private TV camera) so they're not hypocrites, they score other teams fairly and they can cook. The reason they've been treated appallingly is because of homophobia. They got the second highest score from the judges in their group and the lowest from their fellow contestants. Pretty see through.

They're not just objectionable people but one looks like a lizard and the other one looks and sounds like Kevin Rudd. Now you're saying they're gay as well? Wow...talk about tough lives. Thank christ they can cook....allegedly.

Still...I'd rather watch them than the two morons from Melbourne who cooked tonight. He's an arrogant twat with a head I'd love to punch.....although looking at his face I'd say someone has beaten me to it.

Not sure if serious?

I don't care whether they're straight, gay, or otherwise, they're two malicious twats who are bitter because they took 3 hours to serve main and served dessert at 1am and got slammed by the other contestants because of it. There was a malicious edge to them prior to the instant restaurant but now it's just pure sour grapes. Nothing to do with their sexuality at all.

Was it just me or did the despicable duo seem a little less opinionated tonight. Looked to have dialed it down a tad imo

Thought that too, but this wasn't one of the evil couples that conspired to put them in the bottom 3. Be interesting to see if their attitude changes when the Tasmanian and WA couple cook.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thomas & Carla total score 49! Ouch. Thank god I didnt have to eat that.

Had to laugh when Pete went into the kitchen and said how he was concerned that the lamb might be overcooked. Cue Carla putting the lamb back in the oven

Was interested to hear that Pete rests roast meat for half the cooking time

Lol @ Thomas and Carla.

"They scored strategically, we'll do the same".

They received 23 out of 50 from the contestants. And got 26 out of 60 from the Manu and Pete.

The judges must be strategizing as well. :eek:

I love these little tidbits. No one is better at them than Gary at Masterchef.

What did everyone make of the Andy "I've got glass in my soup" part of the show?

Thought it looked a little set up. Not by Andy himself, but by the show or something. Just seemed way out of place.

Yeah would love to know where that bit of glass came from. If I was Thomas and Carla I'd be asking to look at the tapes from their cooking to see where it might have slipped in and film of Andy just in case.

Oops total brain freeze.

Still... 19 wasn't an unreasonable score I believe.

The scores were consistent from all contestants and seemed reasonable - Andy and his missus were the only couple that deviated which wasn't a surprise given he copped a sliver of glass in his soup

The fairness or otherwise of the scores will only be determined when we see what they give other couples down the track

Yeah the glass in the soup really came out of nowhere. Carla's voice really pisses me off. I don't know how Thomas and Carla can be 'just friends'. I can't stand that woman's voice. I guess it could be worse, he could be dating her.

It's a shame that the show has gone (or it seems to be going) in a tactical direction with regards to the voting. The contestants are there to cook and judge based on each other's cooking, not to further their own ends by ripping the other couples off.

I love these little tidbits. No one is better at them than Gary at Masterchef.

What did everyone make of the Andy "I've got glass in my soup" part of the show?

Thought it looked a little set up. Not by Andy himself, but by the show or something. Just seemed way out of place.
Definately a set up, but not convinced it wasnt Andy

Had to laugh when Pete went into the kitchen and said how he was concerned that the lamb might be overcooked. Cue Carla putting the lamb back in the oven

Yes, that was interesting. All I could think is the bloody meat will go cold! lol. I usually leave a roast no more than 10 minutest to rest. Oh well....:eek:

The other points. I think he said they had the aluminum alfoil on too tight so the meat was still cooking.

When he went into the kitchen both before the entree and mains were served he noted they were not cooking the poached eggs correctly & of course the mains with the meat already overcooked. Clearly they are not allowed to pass these tipbits on to the cooks which is a shame. Suppose its correct being a competition but still a shame.

How the hell did Thomas and Carla even get on the show, twice now they have failed to cook a decent 3 course meal.

In regards to resting, i thought the same in regards to cold, but if you put a sauce or gravy on it, that should warm it up.

I was browsing through WP last night and some dedicated MKR junkie believed that the glass wasn't glass and was a bit of plastic chipped off from the food processor. Apparently the food processor they used was an el cheapo from Kmart.

Also, I don't rest the meat for that long as I just don't care enough but I did know about the resting for half as long as you cook it. The guys on Masterchef always banged on about it during the Masterclass. It shouldn't go cold as you cover it with foil and keep the steam in. Of course, this continues the cooking process so you should take it out a bit before its finished cooking.

That main looked to be one of the most disappointing served up this competition. A crust probably denotes being attached to the meat. It was just spooned on top. :confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back