Preview [NAB Challenge] Round 2 vs. West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

We've exhausted a lot in the second half so far, but we've really dropped since Jesse went off. Hallahan holding his own though - really playing the role well.

Fingers crossed we keep this pressure!

What a great effort by the GCS.

I thought Currie was good against the beast of Nick Nat.

Eade would be happy with the boys.

Losers mentality is hard to shake. Sometimes it never happens no matter what. Sad times.

N. B. I fully understand Te context and that it does not matter one iota.

Losers mentality is hard to shake. Sometimes it never happens no matter what. Sad times.

N. B. I fully understand Te context and that it does not matter one iota.
Yeah just hanging on there would have been huge for the team in terms of confidence. Still a lot of positives to take out of that, but a win would have boosted belief.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did you rate Hallahan's game? With Swallow and O'Meara out for a part of the season he could have an important role to play if he is up to it.

Hallahan was good. With Swallow and O'Meara unlikely to play in the first half of 2016 his input is vital.

Missed the game but purely based off the stats:
- AHall 15 tackles! and Touk 8. Looked like a strong tackling game all round.
- McKenzie with 25 touches. Maybe Rocket has finally gotten too him.
- 2MP with 2 goals. Pushing ahead in the race with Day.

Sad to hear about Lonergan but hopefully is nothing serious. No other injuries?
Looking forward to watching the replay tomorrow!

Just remember to stop watching with about 6 seconds left on the clock ;)

keough looked like he hurt his ribs/was winded from a nic nat tackle. played on later though.

garlett hurt his shoulder, looked like a bit of a stinger though. hopefully nothing too serious.

sexton rolled an ankle. came back on later, seemed alright.

With Dion's return still a question mark, I hope hope hope that Jesse is ok. He was awesome and it's no coincidence that we faded more when he went off.

Structure in the back 6 fell apart with no Maysie, but we should have won that game.

I'm sick of 'good effort'. We should have won that. Undermanned or not we were in a position to win and we blew it. Given how Sexton reacted on the final siren he knew it too. Genuinely frustrating.

Coming out of defensive 50 still so hard for us. Hopefully improves with some more experience to come back in.

That penalty against 2MP in the last minute was a crock of s**t. It was already partly over the line and he was trying to grab it. That call alone turned the game into a win for West Coast.

Either way, we did brilliantly. If I were an Eagles fan, I'd be ******* furious at how a best 22 squad of 2015 grand finalists can perform so weakly against a team of kids. No Gary, Jaeger, Dion, Swallow, Lynch, May, Rory, Malceski, Rosa, Nicholls - who else?

That's a win for us any day of the week.

* yes.

Structure in the back 6 fell apart with no Maysie, but we should have won that game.

I'm sick of 'good effort'. We should have won that. Undermanned or not we were in a position to win and we blew it. Given how Sexton reacted on the final siren he knew it too. Genuinely frustrating.
The back 6 had no leadership whatsoever, but they held their own. Leslie looked good, Schade looked better than last year, and Keough showed some promise. I was impressed.

But I agree with you the 'good effort' crap too. It was a win for us either way, but we should have won on the scoreboard at the final siren. We fell apart.

If you look to the final 20 seconds of the game, it was Harbrow's man who marked the ball out in the open to eventually kick the winning goal. Who knows what the * Harbrow was doing, but he certainly wasn't paying attention to his man. Something as simple as that lost us the game in the end. Very disappointing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back