NAB Cup Round 3 DT Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

And now Jarrad Mcveigh ;)

PREMIERSHIP CAPTAIN!11!!!!!!! LOCKITY LOCK LOCK!!!111!1!!!1

Armstrong an interesting mid price option in defense, I like his game. Still think Hanners could be a real bolter in that first given the Swans fixture, if your strategy is tilting that way.

He would be ideal if he wasn't prone to getting the sub vest.

AJ's injury (F--K!!) might change that, and if his running game and setup establishes itself as essential, he might avoid the vest a little more often, or, ideally, for good. But yeah, it's a problem.

Varcoe has scored alright in the 2 full nab games hes played. He also played the entire last quarter onball today.

scored 39 from 63% TOG and week before 59 from 83% which are both very good considering. All he needs is 65 avg

Running HBs only play 85% tog so both his scores are poor. Todays score is still sub 50 if he played 85% tog.

That said, if you are looking for a 65 avge from Varcoe then he's a lock.

There any number of players in the 200K bracket who will punch out 65+. All have different risks. If you wanna play safe for 65 then Varcoe is your man.

AJ's injury (F--K!!) might change that, and if his running game and setup establishes itself as essential, he might avoid the vest a little more often, or, ideally, for good. But yeah, it's a problem.
Good point, although I can't really see us starting with Armstrong, Mal, Mattner, Shaw and McVeigh to an extent. Definitely one to watch though. His price is very appetising.

Pittard's scoring has been very poor through out the whole NAB cup, ahving second thoughts about him, only reason he is still in is because of his great JS

Capbell Heath seem's to be scoring pretty well

Yer very tempted to drop him out....is not playing a DT friendly role at all! JS or not...he doesn't look like he will score decently enough to warrant a spot in my team. Guess i shall decide next week/once teams are named.

Rockliff: lock
Cox: lock
Franklin: Tough start to the year and contract distractions and now injury niggle?
Stevie J: Suspended round 1
Bartel: Average dropping every year for a while now. How much midfield time is the question mark.
Zorko: Second year blues? More attention?
Pavlich: No preseason, purely a key forward.
Thomas: Injured.
Robinson: Role question marks
Chapman: Getting on. Spent most of last year as a forward.
Wright: Tagging role? midfield time? how high is his ceiling?
Martin: Role? Lazy?
Naitanui: Injured.
Ryder: Inconsistent.
Roughhead: What role will he play?
Lewis: Can he suddenly lift his average?
Waite: Injured, always injured.
Whitecross: Injured.
Harvey: Suspended.
Bolton: Age.
Walker: Key forward. How will he go with no Tippet as well?
N.Reiwoldt: Saints to struggle this year? body holding up? key forward.
DeBoer: Ceiling? how much midfield time? defensive forward role?
Rioli: Injured. Always injured.
Goodes: Age. Key forward.
Wellingham: Injured.
Hale: Can't see him lifting his average enough.
Petrie: Key forward.
Hawkins: Key forward.
Brown: Key forward. Injury prone.
Jack Reiwoldt: full forward.
Broughton: New team. Looks to be playing very defensively.
Higgins: Injury prone.
Sylvia: Inconsistent. Hard to predict.
Watts: Scoring potential?

Yep, it's tough going for forwards.
what about morefrees and bruest???

cox isnt a lock for me unless i want maccaffer on the bench

(Log in to remove this ad.)

on the topic of maccaffer dwyer is a MUCH better player and option and also cheaper and priced how a rookie list player should be :D

what about morefrees and bruest???

cox isnt a lock for me unless i want maccaffer on the bench

Monfries: New club. Ceiling? Role?
Breust: Role?

Cox doesn't have any question marks over him. I guess age could be one but his preseason has apparently been very good and no Naitanui to take away his points early in the season.

Running HBs only play 85% tog so both his scores are poor. Todays score is still sub 50 if he played 85% tog.

That said, if you are looking for a 65 avge from Varcoe then he's a lock.

There any number of players in the 200K bracket who will punch out 65+. All have different risks. If you wanna play safe for 65 then Varcoe is your man.
anyone playind defence plays around 90% but id like to see how much broughton, duffield, hurn, waters, suckling, birchall played last year. also the quarters are only 20mins where on avg in the real thing they are 30mins+ so they are actually quite good scores esp fot his price. edit: u only need 65 from him i dont see many others that are certainties to get that around that price. his js is also stronger than any

Pittard's scoring has been very poor through out the whole NAB cup, ahving second thoughts about him, only reason he is still in is because of his great JS​
Capbell Heath seem's to be scoring pretty well​

Pittard hasn't had a lot of TOG since the first NAB game. He was walking around with an icepack on his ankle during the Crows game and only had like 30% TOG or something. I haven't seen his TOG against West Coast, but I assume he was being eased back into it. From watching the game he didn't seem to be on the screen very often

Campbell Heath is starting to firm as a very good option. The fact that Hombsch and Cassisi both haven't played a NAB game yet certainly gives him a massive head start in his Round 1 job security.

although its not translated into scores just yet, interesting to seeLecras starting in the centre square for a couple of centre bounces.

His scores are irrelevant. He was playing on Tom 'The Glove' Jonas. Nobody, and I mean nobody, scores well on Tom Jonas.

Thought there'd be more love for Taylor Walker. Good price. Unlikely to go down. Could ave in 90's pretty easily

Thought there'd be more love for Taylor Walker. Good price. Unlikely to go down. Could ave in 90's pretty easily

The recent trend in scoring has been for midfielders and forward/mids and defenders/mids to easily outscore KPP's. There are a few exceptions - Buddy at one end, Lake in his premium years at the other. I think people are a little gunshy of KPP's, although Walker has a lot of talent (and stupidity) to burn...

Just noticed that actually. Probably someone i should keep more of an eye out for but he just really isn't on my radar.

Is this the first game he has spent as a tagger? Murphy has been quiet so could be a more permanent job for him.

wish people would do a bit of research themselves before they come on here and write off certain players.

last year Wright wasnt even int he starting 22. However, very early in the season someone went down with injury and he was called up after having a decent year before hand playing as a defensive forward/small forward role. THey slowly eased him and he got better and better each game. they then started to play him as a tagger against some of the best opposition midfielders and it suited him perfectly. the 2nd half of the season showed that he really grew into his role and hit his strides. despite the tagging, he was still posting some great scores.

And he will do the exactly the same this year. He will line up against some of the best midfielders but i wouldnt be worried about it. 1 he is mega fit and gives his all week in and week out, so consistent, even if he is tagging. 2 the opposition midfielder will end up leading him to ball a lot of the time. 3 he has a brilliant inside game to him, so may get a stint in the middle from time to time and loves to lay tackles with plenty of +4s. and last of all 4 like KA said it was an average night for DT scores, so don't Wright him off just yet ;)

expect a 90+ average from him this year if he plays a similar role and doesnt get injured. would be pretty confident in picking him.

wish people would do a bit of research themselves before they come on here and write off certain players.

I have written him off from my team, not from others. I watch a hell of a lot of football and i did notice Wright as a good player last year, i just never noticed him tagging. I am not selecting him because i do not see the upside DT wise. He is one (like many others) that I am happy to let prove himself first. He just doesn't fit my selection criteria.

As for being not doing their research well I can assure you I do plenty.

I have written him off from my team, not from others. I watch a hell of a lot of football and i did notice Wright as a good player last year, i just never noticed him tagging. I am not selecting him because i do not see the upside DT wise. He is one (like many others) that I am happy to let prove himself first. He just doesn't fit my selection criteria.

As for being not doing their research well I can assure you I do plenty.

Well if you've never noticed him as a tagger then I have to at least question you're research, because thats all he pretty much does.

I think you're also missing the point with Wright, this year he doesnt provide very much value at all. The reason you would pick him is for consistency. His role wont chnage much, and he will get added to a few more midfield rotations as he continues to prove himself a great player for the club. You know what you're going to get with Wright week in and week out, a score of 85-95 with the occasionally big one. He is a selection you can back in and be confident of him scoring well for your team. You'd pick him as a safe bet and for his consistency. If you're looking for value then players, then he is not you're man and you'd probably have to look elsehwere, cos i cant see his scores changing much from what he was able to do int he 2nd half of 2012 :)

Well if you've never noticed him as a tagger then I have to at least question you're research, because thats all he pretty much does.

I think you're also missing the point with Wright, this year he doesnt provide very much value at all. The reason you would pick him is for consistency. His role wont chnage much, and he will get added to a few more midfield rotations as he continues to prove himself a great player for the club. You know what you're going to get with Wright week in and week out, a score of 85-95 with the occasionally big one. He is a selection you can back in and be confident of him scoring well for your team. You'd pick him as a safe bet and for his consistency. If you're looking for value then players, then he is not you're man and you'd probably have to look elsehwere, cos i cant see his scores changing much from what he was able to do int he 2nd half of 2012 :)
What role does curnow play?
What role does carazzo play this season?

Its impossible to know what every players role is
Just because you know more about wright doesnt mean you have to attack the posters on this board.

Just because you know more about wright doesnt mean you have to attack the posters on this board.

Carazzo midfield tagging

Curnow lucky to get a game but if he does in midfield rotations occasional role to maybe release Caratz but i doubt he will do too many roles

I didnt attack him:confused: I just merely stated that if he did watch a lot of footy, including games with matty wright in them, and did a lot of his own research and still didnt know that he was a tagging midfielder then I had to question what he was doing? And another thing to point out was that he stated that he was worried about Wright scoring potential while tagging, when he actually had some of his best DT games as a tagging midfielder. But now he knows so he's better off for the future and can make his decision based on that :) lets not make a mountain out of a mole hill here....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back