Nathan Fyfe Suspended

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I completely on my own in thinking this is not such a ridiculous decision?

You choose to bump a player, you should make sure there is no head high contact.

I literally don't know what the point of that rule is.

a) both players ended up injured.

b) a tackle would not have affected the kick

So are you supposed to just stand back and watch as your opponent kicks it? Tip your hat to him and say good day sir?

Fyfe didn't leave the ground... it is of a completely different character to the ones last year. Joke.
MRP will argue he could have smothered.

Am I completely on my own in thinking this is not such a ridiculous decision?

You choose to bump a player, you should make sure there is no head high contact.

Daaannn, by head high contact you mean head to head contact yeah?

So are you supposed to just stand back and watch as your opponent kicks it? Tip your hat to him and say good day sir?

Fyfe didn't leave the ground... it is of a completely different character to the ones last year. Joke.

You could smother, which he chose not to do. Yes it's soft and yes it was accidental, but the rule has been in place for a while.

He made the decision to bump and caused a head cut on his opposition player. Always going to go. 2 weeks seems a bit rough though

Why does he have a bad record??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To me the clash of heads was 2ndry movement on both players behalf on the shoulder on shoulder contact . Ridiculous - I am certain there are red faces at AFL now in the cold hard light of day , there wasn't even murmurings about this !!

The person initiating the contact has to be responsible for the consequences. Thems the rules. It wasnt an accidental headclash, it was a negligent head clash.

Smother maybe?

So you are saying you would be comfortable with a hawks player getting suspended for doing the same thing, for executing a fair bump?

It's not really a fair bump if the player who is bumped gets hit in the head

I expressed the same sentiments in the Brisbane/Geelong game day thread

It's not really a fair bump if the player who is bumped gets hit in the head

I expressed the same sentiments in the Brisbane/Geelong game day thread

Nice sidestep of the question I asked, would you be comfortable with a Hawks player getting two weeks for a similar clash?

Late, high, crude, unneccessary and carry over points.

Ticks all the boxes.

Late? No, he still had the ball.

High? Only cause both their heads moved in the collision. Fyfe was barely moving, crouched down and kept his feet on the ground.

Unnecessary? Should he just let the guy run past and kick it uncontested? It was in an awkward position to initiate a tackle.

Crude? How? Fyfe isn't a dirty player, pretty standard contact in an AFL game I would have thought.

I'm a freo fan so I'm extra pissed off about this decision. Forget about the rulebook....we're rubbing out one of the best and most popular players in the league, ahead of a grand final rematch for what is nothing more than an accident. No-one should be happy about this.

The bump has always been part of the game and the head clash was an accidental secondary motion after a body-to-body bump. He didn't make contact with his head initially and despite a bit of blood, the impact wasn't like hitting someone directly on the head with the shoulder.

The sticklers for the rules will win out on this occasion and these people seriously need to get a life. Rubbing someone out for 2 weeks for this rubbish is against the spirit of the game and these handbag supporters and officials are the ones ruining it. High flying marks have almost disappeared, now the bump.

Sick of this bull$h|t by the AFL and the fans in this thread that are taking the AFL's side are pissweak nancies who need to accept that players get injured in an unlimited number of ways. Suspending people for accidental headclashes after an otherwise legal bump is a disgrace.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back