• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam H

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Aug 23, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
All young midfield/ forwards taken with late picks. Who would you take going forward?

Not sure they're really comparable, long game for Kennedy and Hrovat is in the middle whereas Lonie probably plays forward for the majority of his career.

• Banned
Not sure they're really comparable, long game for Kennedy and Hrovat is in the middle whereas Lonie probably plays forward for the majority of his career.

Lonie will go up through the middle.

Been pretty disappointed with Kennedy's lack of much return so far in his career, as he is one I really liked the look and sound of leading up to his draft, given his speed, ball-winning and goalkicking ability and long and lethal left foot. Not sure what's gone on there.

Love Lonie though, super-smart, super-skilled, cracks in extremely hard for someone so small and light and his defensive pressuring is manic. It's fascinating watching him live as he zooms from one tackle target to another, as they flip or kick the ball around. He does 4th, 5th and 6th efforts, so I look forward to seeing what he's like with another couple of preseasons under his belt! Is also someone who I expect to get everything out of his ability, as you can see how hard he is on himself if he makes a mistake, or misses a target. He doesn't want to make a single mistake.

Will end up playing through the midfield as well though as he is good in close, reads the ball well in tight and isn't remotely scared to put his head over the ball. I liken him to a smaller version of Luke Power at the same stage of his career.

Not sure where Hrovat's at.

Been pretty disappointed with Kennedy's lack of much return so far in his career, as he is one I really liked the look and sound of leading up to his draft, given his speed, ball-winning and goalkicking ability and long and lethal left foot. Not sure what's gone on there.

Love Lonie though, super-smart, super-skilled, cracks in extremely hard for someone so small and light and his defensive pressuring is manic. It's fascinating watching him live as he zooms from one tackle target to another, as they flip or kick the ball around. He does 4th, 5th and 6th efforts, so I look forward to seeing what he's like with another couple of preseasons under his belt! Is also someone who I expect to get everything out of his ability, as you can see how hard he is on himself if he makes a mistake, or misses a target. He doesn't want to make a single mistake.

Will end up playing through the midfield as well though as he is good in close, reads the ball well in tight and isn't remotely scared to put his head over the ball. I liken him to a smaller version of Luke Power at the same stage of his career.

Not sure where Hrovat's at.

Starring in the VFL. Can't get a look in at the moment.

He doesn't really have a standout quality. I think he's AFL standard but will lack opportunity at the Dogs.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm guessing the purpose of this thread is to brag about getting Lonie so cheaply when Ben Kennedy and Nathan Hrovat went Picks 19 and 21 respectively?
I'm guessing that the OP didn't really know what he was talking about - or he considers early second round a late pick - which to be fair for Saints fans, is a long way from where they usually have their first pick!

I'm guessing the purpose of this thread is to brag about getting Lonie so cheaply when Ben Kennedy and Nathan Hrovat went Picks 19 and 21 respectively?

No they are just similar types of players thought it would be a good poll.

So you voted Kennedy any reason for that?
I've seen Ben play a bit in the seconds and the firsts. All three have talent I felt that this poll was a way to you to get votes for Lonie who is better recognised compared to the other two players and if possible to start a s**t fight with pies fans about it.

a better thread would be Lonie v Daniel v Gregson- 3 tiny men from the same draft.

for which i'd go 1. Gregson 2. Daniel 3. Lonie

a better thread would be Lonie v Daniel v Gregson- 3 tiny men from the same draft.

for which i'd go 1. Gregson 2. Daniel 3. Lonie

The novelty of Daniel is over Lonie is a much better player.

the polls board reckons Jones is better than Stanley, glad you back that system

That was due to biased WB supporters who would change there vote in a heartbeat.

Back