Multiplat NBA 2K16

Remove this Banner Ad

For someone who's a myteam virgin and doesn't know what he's doing I'm beasting online, like 9-0 yeaaahhh boy

Started a new mygm with Boston, in second season and these are the moves i have done.
1st season:
- Traded Amir Johnson + Thomas + 2 second rounders for Vucevic + Hezonja
- Traded Lee + second rounder for Favours (second gm in a row I've gotten him cheap, jazz offer him)
Offseason:
-Drafted SF rated 79 overall with pick 2 from Brookyln
-Signed Mo williams, Allen Crabbe
- Traded Jae Crowder and Bradley for Thomas + future 1st (yes i got Thomas back)
- Didn't re-sign Turner, McDermott (forgot how i got him), Jerebko
2nd Season:
- traded Thomas (for a second time) + Allen Crabbe for Jeff Teague + Lamar Patterson

This is my Line up:
Starters:
PG: Teague (30 mins) (83 overall)
SG: Hezonja (22mins) (75 0verall)
SF: Rhodes (32mins) (number 2 draft pick) (79 overall)
PF: Sullinger (29mins) (78 overall)
C: Vucevic (30mins) (84 overall)

Bench:
Favours (29 mins) (83 overall) he seems ok coming off bench while Sullinger always complains, also i find Sullinger better to use
Smart (25mins) (78 overall)
Williams (17mins) (77 overall)
Zeller(17mins) (77 overall)
Hunter (6mins) (68 overall)
pick 15 Center (1min) (69 overal)
Rozier (0mins) (71 overall)
Patterson (0mins) (70 overall)
Young (out of rotation) (71 overall)
Mickey (out of rotation (69 overall)

I am 8 games in with a record of 5-3, just beat the 5-4 raptors last game on All-star difficulty which lead to my Jeff Teague trade. I remembered why i originally traded thomas, because i am terrible with him. He was 3-13 and we were down 5 heading into last quarter. I benched him the entire last along with Hezonja who i may trade soon if he keeps missing shots that Hunter makes. RJ hunter and Mo williams played 11 mins in the final qtr before i subbed them out for defense in last min. Hunter was 7-9 including 4 threes in the quarter (only time he played) ended +19 in 11 mins and Mo Williams was +27 in 18 mins with 9 assists. Thomas was -20 in 22mins. Ended up winning the last qtr 39-24 after losing the 3rd 13-26...lol

9 games into my season on myleague and I have lost Dwight howard for the year with a ruptured achilles, however it gets worse
I don't think I have my own pick either I have 2 1st rounders from other teams
So should I make some aggressive moves to improve the team and prevent from getting too low a draft pick for another team? I feel like brooklyn right now...

If you play several seasons in MyGM/Association, all teams are like a 93 overall at least by the 5th season...anyone else find this happening?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the draft lottery, I had the 2nd or 3rd best chance of the No. 1 pick. Jumped ahead and won the No 1 pick. Immediately got the trophy "Cavs Magic".

Not sure if you get that just from winning the #1 pick or by getting the pick from a lower %, but thought it was pretty funny.

In the draft lottery, I had the 2nd or 3rd best chance of the No. 1 pick. Jumped ahead and won the No 1 pick. Immediately got the trophy "Cavs Magic".

Not sure if you get that just from winning the #1 pick or by getting the pick from a lower %, but thought it was pretty funny.
Yeah, it's just from getting the number 1 pick. Great trophy though.

*For those who want this trophy quickly, start a MyLeague franchise where you control every team. Make everything automated, sim the season and regardless of the draft lottery outcome, the trophy will pop.

**Yes I'm a trophy whore

I wish you could block trades or something in MyCareer, our GM just traded Mike Muscala (1st big off the bench) for Quincy Pondexter (not in rotation) leaving us with effectively just 3 bigs on the roster with Horford and Splitter both out for 4-6 months. Millsap now plays effectively the entire game, with the other minutes being taken up by Jerebko and 1st round draft pick Owen Hawkins.

We already had myself (SG), Korver, Sefolosha, Hardaway Jr, Justin Holiday in the wing rotation + a 2nd round draftee as depth, the trade made absolutely no sense.

Started a thing with Philly.

Simmed the first season after picking up Lance Stephenson for nothing, Avery Bradley and Jordan Clarkson, ended up with the number 2 and the number 9 picks in the draft.

Drafted Ben Simmons and Malik Pope.

PG: Jordan Clarkson/Isaiah Canaan/Kendall Marshall
SG: Avery Bradley/Lance Stephenson/Evan Fournier
SF: Ben Simmons/Malik Pope/Jerami Grant/Robert Covington
PF: Nerlens Noel/Terrence Jones
C: Jahlil Okafor/Joel Embiid

Going to trade Stephenson for best offer.

Started a thing with Philly.

Simmed the first season after picking up Lance Stephenson for nothing, Avery Bradley and Jordan Clarkson, ended up with the number 2 and the number 9 picks in the draft.

Drafted Ben Simmons and Malik Pope.

PG: Jordan Clarkson/Isaiah Canaan/Kendall Marshall
SG: Avery Bradley/Lance Stephenson/Evan Fournier
SF: Ben Simmons/Malik Pope/Jerami Grant/Robert Covington
PF: Nerlens Noel/Terrence Jones
C: Jahlil Okafor/Joel Embiid

Going to trade Stephenson for best offer.

As a Sixers fan I'm a big fan of GM in NBA2k but haven't had a crack at it yet in this edition. Just wondering, does Saric and the other first round picks come through? I'm fairly sure Saric doesn't but would be nice.

As a Sixers fan I'm a big fan of GM in NBA2k but haven't had a crack at it yet in this edition. Just wondering, does Saric and the other first round picks come through? I'm fairly sure Saric doesn't but would be nice.
Saric, no but the number 9 pick is the Lakers the Sixers own.

The picks don't have protection on them so teams that traded first round picks lose them regardless, I traded the Heat 1st round pick I had and I've got a Thunder 1st round pick in the future as well that the Sixers traded for.

Anybody have difficulties with input lag/something similar in MyPark? The shooting rhythm online is entirely different to offline modes for me (and even when I adjust to it I miss shots that would go in with ease offline), but the biggest problem is just general mobility. Lateral movement is atrocious; my player responds about half a second after the command is input and it makes it impossible to keep up with the opponent. It seems to fluctuate but the past couple of days in particular it's been horrendous. With it as is I just can't defend and half the time I inexplicably can't hit shots, pretty much limiting me to just being a passer, which, in 3v3, isn't ideal. Any suggestions that might improve it? It's garbage.

Anybody have difficulties with input lag/something similar in MyPark? The shooting rhythm online is entirely different to offline modes for me (and even when I adjust to it I miss shots that would go in with ease offline), but the biggest problem is just general mobility. Lateral movement is atrocious; my player responds about half a second after the command is input and it makes it impossible to keep up with the opponent. It seems to fluctuate but the past couple of days in particular it's been horrendous. With it as is I just can't defend and half the time I inexplicably can't hit shots, pretty much limiting me to just being a passer, which, in 3v3, isn't ideal. Any suggestions that might improve it? It's garbage.

As said to you, you are just slow and s**t at the game.

That's just how it is. You'll get used to the shot timing, just got to go early.

The ping in MyPark is atrocious, need dedicated servers.
That's just how it is. You'll get used to the shot timing, just got to go early.
It's just frustrating for me as the others I play with don't seem to have any issues, whereas at times for me it's practically unplayable (like last night). It's not even the shot timing that's the biggest issue; it's just trying to defend. I'm near-maxed in athlete and am only 6 foot so my player is quite quick, but in MyPark everything feels extremely lethargic. It's so bad that it's even noticeable when trying to run around in a circle...I basically end up running in a square by the time it registers that I'm trying to change directions.

Covering the perimeter is pretty much impossible because of it and the second I get opponents who make sharp turns or just run around in circles I'm helpless. If I go early to cover the drive I risk overcommitting and not being able to cover the opponent...if I wait to see which direction they're going, by the time my player reacts they have an open shot. I pretty much have to stand back and give them space to lessen its impact, but that means that three point shooters run riot.

There seem to be others reporting difficulties with MyPark to some extent but I haven't been able to find anybody with the same mobility issues. I've got no issue saying that I'm not a great player but this is something else. My player feels pretty nimble in every mode other than MyPark. No idea how to fix it or at least stop everybody from running around me. It's remarkable that we can maintain a reasonable record despite my teammates having to cover my man every second trip down the floor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back