NBL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Martin was unlucky to take so many early fouls, I think he was a bit jumpy and over-eager after missing out on the GF series last year. Thrilled to get the win though. In the driver's seat, now let's go for the win in two. Never let it go to a decider when it doesn't have to!.

Agree with the above, atmosphere was unreal last night, Ervin copped it all game, Ennis was pumping the crowd up which responded massively, probably the best crowd I've witnessed at a cats game so far, not sure how crazy a game 3 can get after last night but taking it 2 would still be a great result.

Would love to see how many points Perth scored from offensive rebounds!
For the Sixers to get within 10 giving up that many second chance points is amazing. 5 or so more defensive rebounds and they win.

Martin is such a gun. Can defend big or small. Its hard not to like him! Ennis on the other hand.....
Ervin had a shocker. Im not sure the Sixers are better or worse with him playing? Teys has become very valuable, Carter/Peach rock solid. Would just like to see Shensh and DJ fire up and start pulling down seom defensive boards. BJ is a beast when he is on, but doesn't offer much other than toughness.

Im looking forward to game 2!

Getting tickets for game 2 has become a bit of a farce.

Protix completely melted down when game 2 tickets went on sale to the general public, with their phone engaged (I think they only have one consultant on the phone) and the website going into meltdown.

After 3 hours, Protix suspended ticket sales, and are hoping to have their system back up tomorrow.

I was lucky that I managed to get tickets - after an hour where on at least 6 occasions I had tickets allocated only for the server to time out before it could take payment and I had to start over, plus at least another dozen times where it timed out before I got a seat allocation. Many others weren't so lucky, including reports Protix have taken people's money but not allocated them a seat.

If game 2 doesn't sell out, then you can put the blame squarely at Protix.

I think the biggest problem for Perth was that we didn't put Adelaide away when we had the chance; too many missed shots from the charity stripe, too many mix-ups leading to turnovers. Turning Ennis loose to attack the rim like he did caused monstrous problems for Adelaide, particularly with Creek hit by gastro.

Think we have a lot of upside left though; Martin played limited minutes due to his foul trouble, which had a number of flow-on effects in terms of wear on Beal, poorer defence, preventing Beal from getting open for his 3pt shots. If I remember correctly almost all his 3pt shots and attempts were in the first half.

Wow, my first game at the Perth arena and what an experience. The place was rocking. Crowd was crazy all night, loved it when the MVP chant started when Ennis was at the free throw line. Unlucky that it was so late in the game because He was looking to throw it down a few times. I hope beal stays, bloke is a gun. I wasn't really impressed with Matty knight's Grammy effort early in the game :D. Would be an amazing atmosphere if it went to 3 games but nobody really wants that. Let's wrap it up Perth.

Here is a pic that I took probably 5 mins before tip off.

1549548_1411523045779594_491207932_n.jpg

I wish I took another pic after because every seat was filled.

Also I found this on youtube, I saw Ennis throw this down but it looks better on the video

Pics guys. Try and post some pics of the game @ Adelaide. It is as close as I will get. Really pumped for this game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I picked up tickets to the semi final just 5 hours prior to the match and had awesome seats, hence I was lazy when going for tickets for tonight :(

I got tickets at the door for game 3. Just bought silver to get in, then found a couple of empty seats because of the small crowd.

I knew with the GF on a Friday night the game would sell out so battled Proticket for an hour to get tickets to the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back