News New CEO - Andrew Fagan

Remove this Banner Ad

You know what I love about Fages? he doesn't stick his face in the media too much. He's got the balance right and delegates.

Trigg was always sticking his beak in the media and didn't delegate the media appearances well. It's media policy 101 that there is a "Media Gatekeeper" appointed which is usually the CEO or PR department (if you have one). That's fine but ol' Trigg just couldn't let it get past the gate in case someone wasn't as polished as he was. I had to laugh at the Carlton presser, the Chairman was asked a question and Trigg sticks his head over to grab the camera man's attention and he answers the question. He has a higher view of himself than reality. He might get all of his words in the right order and be politically correct but he comes across to me as disingenuous, smug and arrogant.

. He might get all of his words in the right order and be politically correct but he comes across to me as disingenuous, smug and arrogant.

How much is Trigg on at Carlton? Or rather how much was he paid at the Crows? Kind of gives us all hope of earning that much.

How much is Trigg on at Carlton? Or rather how much was he paid at the Crows? Kind of gives us all hope of earning that much.

It was about $500,000ish from memory, which is high for a small amount of revenue. The reason is because the job is very public and has a lot of pressures.

He's probably on more than that are Carlton...

The thing I like about Fages is the reiteration that the journey of improvement is just beginning

In other words it's a long term plan, there will be changes, this year is not the end game
Thats the good part as a team we have a way to go to be anywhere top 4 yet and off field we got ourselves near the bottom thanks to Mr Trigg and boys club cronies. So like Bay 62 pleased to see a realistic and honest approach and just hope will make some more tough decisions .

This was a big opportunity for fages to make a mess of things, and steered straight with a steady hand. Gotta give him props
Great to have a CEO who puts out the fire rather than using an accelerant!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was about $500,000ish from memory, which is high for a small amount of revenue. The reason is because the job is very public and has a lot of pressures.

He's probably on more than that are Carlton...

I think it was 600k because when the sanctions hit he was stood down for 6 months? And I remember Ben Buckley slapping down that w***er windbag Francis Leach (St Kilda supporter still bitter over 1997) that Trigg hadn't been given a 'sweetheart' deal as he's lost 300k in wages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back