FTA-TV New Foxtel packages from 3 Nov 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty stupid numbering for Fix Sports 4 and 5. Just move Fox Footy to 506, 507 or 510.

Exactly,footy season will be over so why not move Fox Footy to 506 and have Fox Sports 1-5 on 501 -505 ?
Footy fans have 4 months to learn Fox Footy will have moved.

LOL
they are a joke
im paying about 120 a month as we have a box in the bedroom as well
if they charged $5 fro every channel you wanted more people would sign up and they might actualy get a majority of the population signing up and therefore get more money

id watch 7 channels max
but theyre all spread out (funny about that) over diff options boxes

there was a massive thread on Whirlpool about ringing up fox and making out you will cancel it as its just too expansive and full of re runs and people getting talked out of it and getting it much cheaper
been a while since ive read that thread tho

LOL
there was a massive thread on Whirlpool about ringing up fox and making out you will cancel it as its just too expansive and full of re runs and people getting talked out of it and getting it much cheaper
been a while since ive read that thread tho

I'm currently on Basic+Sport+Movies for $45 a month doing that. Also got the bill I had at the time halved when I called.

One time about 3-4 years ago I got the same deal but down to $23 a month for 6 months. Was genuinely trying to cancel the subscription that time though and they just wouldn't let me haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently the pricing is only for new customers - existing customers have to call and re-contract for 12 months to get the reduced rates.

This is my biggest gripe with Foxtel. They spend so much time trying to get new customers on board, yet forget about their existing customers. I really think they should offer better deals for customers that have been with them for a while (like me who's been with Foxtel since 2003).

I'm glad Animal Planet has been moved to doco's, but I'm spewing that TLC and also AE (not overly fussed) have been moved to entertainment. Might have to finally bite the bullet and get entertainment plus.

I was actually thinking about ringing them up a couple of weeks ago to try get some discount. Has anyone else had any luck? I suck at haggling, I don't think I've ever done it. Do you just say that you want to cancel or what? I'm worried that if I say I want to cancel (which I don't), they will go ahead with it and then I'll have to say "actually, I change my mind. I want to keep it". Then get no discount at all.

I have:

Essentials ($49)
Sports ($25)
HD ($10

Total: $84

Under the new system I would have:

Enterainment ($25)
Sports ($25)
HD ($10)

Total: $60

I save $25. Cool.

I lose Lifestyle You, FX, SoHo, 3 x kids channels

I gain 3 x kids channels, TVN, 3 x music channels.

To get back all the channels I lose, I have to pay an extra $40 so $100 a month so $16 a month more than now.

To get back the channels I actually watch (FX & SoHo), I have to pay an extra $20 so $80 a month so $4 a month less than now - but I get Showcase and BBC First. Leaning towards that option, or paying that plus the $10 for Entertainment Plus to get Comedy & SyFy.

I have:

Essentials ($49)
Sports ($25)
HD ($10

Total: $84

Under the new system I would have:

Enterainment ($25)
Sports ($25)
HD ($10)

Total: $60

I save $25. Cool.

I lose Lifestyle You, FX, SoHo, 3 x kids channels

I gain 3 x kids channels, TVN, 3 x music channels.

To get back all the channels I lose, I have to pay an extra $40 so $100 a month so $16 a month more than now.

To get back the channels I actually watch (FX & SoHo), I have to pay an extra $20 so $80 a month so $4 a month less than now - but I get Showcase and BBC First. Leaning towards that option, or paying that plus the $10 for Entertainment Plus to get Comedy & SyFy.

Great post:thumbsu:

I am in exactly the same position as you currently. I really onto watch Sport Channels. Losing Lifestyle sucks however with Essentials. Kids channels no one wants them.

Great post:thumbsu:

I am in exactly the same position as you currently. I really onto watch Sport Channels. Losing Lifestyle sucks however with Essentials. Kids channels no one wants them.

I got it just for the sport. I watch SoHo and FX a little, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if I lost them. AFL in HD, premier league etc. I can't be arsed watching on my computer, that's the whole reason I have a 60 inch LED TV.

Stuff like Sons of Anarchy and Game of Thrones I've always just downloaded anyway, and the less channels I only watch because they are there that I have the better. Summer's coming, time to get outside and do stuff.

Only really want entertainment and sports
So instead of $75 it'll be $50. Sounds good for me. Might put HD but why don't they have all FTA channel in HD, or do they not sure

That's interesting.

All the packs individually come to $120 a month. Add $10 for HD and it's $130. But they still want $134 for Platinum. Obviously Foxtel don't believe in a discount for bulk...
Tweet to @Foxtel_help and see what they have to say

Remove this Banner Ad

Back