News New Jumpers for 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

The current port and dockers jumpers are too bland, the originals a bit too garish. They need to meet somewhere in between.

Ports needs more teal, it has so much more character as seen on the weekend, at least change the back of the jumper to have the teal above the number plate.

Freo's current purple is too dark, but adding in some black maybe in the shorts would make it look good, or bring back some green somewhere.

The current port and dockers jumpers are too bland, the originals a bit too garish. They need to meet somewhere in between.

Ports needs more teal, it has so much more character as seen on the weekend, at least change the back of the jumper to have the teal above the number plate.

Freo's current purple is too dark, but adding in some black maybe in the shorts would make it look good, or bring back some green somewhere.
"Too dark" "add black" I don't know if that would solve your issue :p

Agreed though, slightly different shade of purple would make it pop a bit more. Maybe even going full anchor (ditching chevrons on kit maybe) on all branding.

1692063076959.png

1692062587867.png vs
Fremantle-Home-2021.gif

Last edited:
"Too dark" "add black" I don't know if that would solve your issue :p

Agreed though, slightly different shade of purple would make it pop a bit more. Maybe even going full anchor (ditching chevrons on kit maybe) on all branding.

View attachment 1774703

View attachment 1774693 vs
Fremantle-Home-2021.gif

It pretty much is like a navy blue these days, so a more vibrant purple with black shorts would make it bounce. Similar to the Baltimore ravens, it's a better combination than all purple.

Also I agree that anchor logo would actually look better than the chevrons.

Last edited:
The double chevrons are on the SA state guernsey, I wonder if that has anything to do with it
To me that’s one of the only things I don’t like about the jumper. Being Victorian I don’t have an attachment to the SA state jumper, but also in light of how the SANFL has tried to stifle us at every opportunity up until today, it doesn’t exactly sit right that we share the design with them, much less having changed to it.

Preferred Power, one of the best nicknames in the league. Or even Raiders would have been a good alternative. Pirates would have been open to too many easy jabs.
I like Power but hearing “power outage” when we lose and “power surge” when we win among many other puns shits me. Not to mention there’s not a whole lot of imagery that works with it. The idea of being Pirates who came from a Port suburb and have crossed the border to take the treasure that is a premiership in the Victorian comp would’ve been perfect, and you’d have to get a bit more creative to come up with any jabs.

I like Power but hearing “power outage” when we lose and “power surge” when we win among many other puns shits me. Not to mention there’s not a whole lot of imagery that works with it. The idea of being Pirates who came from a Port suburb and have crossed the border to take the treasure that is a premiership in the Victorian comp would’ve been perfect, and you’d have to get a bit more creative to come up with any jabs.
Pirates would have been open to a certain slur. Whereas Power is such a good name, The Simpsons dedicated an episode to that fact. Power obviously can be depicted in so many ways, like in strength or control rather than just electricity, although the electricity branding is cool, Port Adelaide has a lot of power plants and power lines around there, too.

Pirates would have been open to a certain slur. Whereas Power is such a good name, The Simpsons dedicated an episode to that fact. Power obviously can be depicted in so many ways, like in strength or control rather than just electricity, although the electricity branding is cool, Port Adelaide has a lot of power plants and power lines around there, too.

The simpsons have something for everyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be surprised if it isn't on the agenda next year but this is the AFL we are talking about. What's confusing to me is that there's room in the fixture for Indigenous Round to go for two rounds (not that there is a problem with that in itself), Gather Round etc. but they haven't or can't be stuffed to slot in an official Retro Round?

If I was to become AFL CEO tomorrow this would be to go for next year;

Home - For use in Home games.
Away - For use in Away games. If a clash arises, the Alternate will be worn. In most cases will just be a simple inversed design.
Alternate (Gather Round) - For use in Gather Round and in cases where a clash arises. In the same vain as 'Statement' kits in the NBA.
Indigenous Round - For use in Indigenous Round(s).
Retro Round - For use in Retro Round. Can be a direct recreation or inspired design from the clubs past.
I reckon they should add an "event" style jumper along the lines of the Collingwood and Essendon Anzac jumpers, or Richmond's Alannah Madeline Foundation, North's Superclash jumper, Gold Coast's Rizeup

On SM-A235F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The worst part about Retro Round is that it leads to everyone saying "Fremantle need to bring back the anchor along with the green and red!! The current jumper has no personality!"

I swear it's something to do with my generation being really into absurdist fashion but in no shape or form should it be anything more than a once a year thing.

Our current jumper makes us look serious and professional.

The worst part about Retro Round is that it leads to everyone saying "Fremantle need to bring back the anchor along with the green and red!! The current jumper has no personality!"

I swear it's something to do with my generation being really into absurdist fashion but in no shape or form should it be anything more than a once a year thing.

I agree with the anchor not coming back.

But perhaps instead of 3 white chevrons on the home and 3 Purple on the away jumper, perhaps change 1 to red and 1 to green on both jumpers, still looks serious and professional, but introduces all the original colors.

The anchor looks stronger and identifiable, even with it just haze and white, it doesn't need 4 colours, just the 2 look great. I find the chevrons quite bland.
252427-paul-hasleby (1).jpg

I think there’s room for red and green in Freo’s colour palette but probably not on the home jumper. The purple and white identity is very strong IMO. You don’t need to use all colours all the time.

Purple chevrons home
Green base for away
Red base for clash/extra sales

The chevrons look great but you could weave the anchor into one of the alternates for something different.

The anchor looks stronger and identifiable, even with it just haze and white, it doesn't need 4 colours, just the 2 look great. I find the chevrons quite bland.
View attachment 1780837
If we ever were to go back to the anchor I'd be perfectly happy with just purple and white, it doesn't look too bad, however I think the chevrons are just too nice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back