WCE2012

Team Captain
Aug 27, 2008
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester City, Juventus
Hey guys, this is how i think the forst 2 rounds will go. Keen to hear feedback. :)

1. Melbourne- Jack Watts

This is a certainty. His draft camp results were unbelievable. Super quick, tall, great contested marking ability. The tall forward the Dees are crying out for.

2. West Coast - Daniel Rich

The Eagles have always loved the way he goes about his footy. Tough, skilfull and finds the footy. A ready made star.

3. Fremantle - Nicholas Naitanui

Freo will take him to cover the loss of Warnock. Could develop into something we've never seen before in the AFL. Has plenty of X-factor, a tremendous athlete and upside.

4. Port- Tyrone Vickery

Peter Rhode gave his strongest indication yet that rucks are a priority at the Power. Equally competent in the forward line, Vickery will be a perfect fit at Alberton.

5. Bombers- Michael Hurley

Reminds me alot of Mal Michael. Not overly quick but his spoiling and one on one contests are excellent. Will form a formidable duo with Ryder in the back half in a few years

6. Carlton- Chris Yarren

OK this will create a stir im sure. I've got a sneaking suspicion he'll end up at Princes park. Super talented small forward/midfielder that will be just what the blues need. Cyril Rioli slid last year due to his supposed 'attitude' problems but that all changed once he got into the AFL system. Yarren i feel will be the same. He could well have a greater impact at senior level than cyril did in his first year.

7. Brisbane- Hamish Hartlett

The Lions will simply take the best available midfielder and that's this guy. Great ball winner, skilfull and hits targets.

8. Tigers- Jack Ziebell

This kid will be a star. Has the body size to play anywhere but will be moulded into a quality ball winning midfielder at Richmond. Great leadership qualities too.

9. North - Steele Sidebottom

Need an exciting player with plenty of X factor. Sidebottom will be just what they need, a prolific goal kicking mid that's a ready made replacement for Grant

10. Crows- Lewis Johnston

Will take the local boy. The 2nd best KPF in the draft imo. Great hands, competitive and good set shot on goal, just what the crows need.

11. Collingwood - Stephen Hill

Had a great DC which will see him go earlier than expected. Fantastic athlete with awesome skills. Lightly built but will develop into a genuine midfield star imo. The Pies may also strongly consider Robinson here aswell. He's a ready made replacement for the recently retired Burns.

12. Sydney- Jackson Trengove

The swans will pounce of Trengove here. Fantastic KP prospect with great skills, contested marking and versatility. Will be just what the Swans need with O'loughlin and Hall getting on a bit.

13. Saints - Sam Blease

The saints need some spark and pace through the middle and this guy will provide it. Bottom ages so theres plenty of upside to what he's already shown. Super quick, good kicking skills and breaks the lines. Cousins and Blease in one summer of recruiting isn't bad at all...

14. Doggies- Ayce Cordy F/S

Amazing how someone so tall can be so agile and quick. Awesome ruck prospect for the Doggies who can also play forward.

15. Geelong- Shaun McKernan

Gelong will take the next best so he'll go to the Cats. Good ruck prospect with a good leap and tap work is pretty good. Quite competent when he pushes forward aswell. I suspect with the poor effort of Geelong's forwards in the GF, Cornelius may be strongly considered here aswell.

16. Hawks- Jordan Lisle

Will sure up the back line with a very good CHB prospect. Corougeous, smart defender who is good by foot. Very good marking ability from what i've seen aswell.

17. Melbourne - Nick Suban

Tough, smart and skilfull midfielder/defender who was very highly rated last year but has fallen off the radar slightly this year. Reminds me of a Brock Mclean.

18. West Coast - Thomas Swift

The Eagles will be ecstatic to get Swift here. A tall prolific midfielder with fantastic skills. Only down side is his apparent susceptibilty to injury.

19. Melbourne- Aaron Cornelius

Will further bolster their forward line with the Tassie boy. Smart player, knows where to lead and has strong hands. A great potential duo with Watts.

20. West Coast - Michael Walters

Bottom aged i think. Flashy small forward with great skills. Can also push into the midfield.

21. Fremantle - Matthew DeBoer

Will take him here. Solidly built youngster with a great aerobic capacity and ball winning ability. Will benefit from playing and concentrating on footy full time. (i believe he's a law student at UWA)

22. Port Adelaide - Rhys O'Keefe

Smart player who finds the footy. Has excellent finishing skills and will be moulded into a quality HFF at the Power. Great leadership qualities too.

23. Essendon - Mitch Robinson

A real steal here. The dons will be stoked with this tough and prolific hard at it midfielder. Could easily go earlier.

24. Fremantle - Nic Heyne

Freo will be stoked with this selection. Great leadership qualities, tough and competitive. Will be a gun mid/ half back flanker.

25. Brisbane - Ashley Smith

The Lions will again look for a midfielder and will choose Smith. Hard at it inside midfielder with good skills on either side. Will further bolster the Lions aging midfield with Hartlett. Zaharakis also may be considered strongly here.

26. Richmond - Tom Lynch

Picked the best available with their first pick in Ziebell, and now will adress a need. Lynch is a tall, super competitive forward/half forward with great hands and a long kick. Nice future CHF option for the Tigers.

27. North - Clancee Pearce

Talented small defender who's hard at it. Good skills but an awkward kicking style. Played very well in the Swan Districts league side and always makes the right decisions under pressure. Freo may also consider him at 24.

28. Adelaide- Matthew Broadbent

Adelaide again i feel will go local. Tall utility that finds the footy and is a very good user on both sides.

29. Collingwood - David Zaharakis

Ready made midfielder with good pace and skills. Only downside is that he tends to fade out of games badly. Plenty of upside and could develop into a real gem.

30. Sydney - Neville Jetta

Swans need a livewire small forward crumbing at the feet of Hall and O'loughlin next year and Jetta can play seniors straight away. Wonderfully skilled and the Swans will swoop because he wont make it passed 36 with the Eagles' pick.

31. Bulldogs - Paul Cahill

Will draft the next best forward option and imo that's Cahill. Strong hands, and a great long kick. Looms as a real steal for the Dogs here.

32. Dogs- James Strauss

OK i know the Doggies have said they'll go tall but with the departure of Ray and retirement of West, i feel the Dogs will go the best available and swoop here on this guy. Time will tell but from what i've seen, he'll be a very good midfielder for the doggies.

33. Geelong - Tom Rockliff

I've got a feeling he'll slide a bit. Smart, strong medium forward. Just what the Cats need, another forward line option. He also doubles as a prolific ball winner and plays taller than he actually is. If he continues the TAC form he showed this year, Stokes may find himself in the reserves more often than not.

34. Hawks - Mitch Banner

Will choose the best available here. Great ball winner and showed good awareness at the championships. Rory Sloane may also be considered here.

I don't want to be rude, but Adelaide don't draft local often, especially early.

Last year.....Danger (Vic), Otten (Vic) Jacky (WA) Cook (Vic) Kite (Vic) Walker (NSW)

I don't want to be rude, but Adelaide don't draft local often, especially early.

Last year.....Danger (Vic), Otten (Vic) Jacky (WA) Cook (Vic) Kite (Vic) Walker (NSW)

Yeah that's fair enough actually. But after what the recruiting manager at the crows said post-trade week, i'd be inclined to think that they'd go local if there's a kid with ability/talent available. But i must say, the Crows do often draft well.

Yeah that's fair enough actually. But after what the recruiting manager at the crows said post-trade week, i'd be inclined to think that they'd go local if there's a kid with ability/talent available. But i must say, the Crows do often draft well.
I think Adelaide might risk the talent of Trengove and then get midfielders the next 2 rounds then a classy forward and maybe a working ruckman.

Rendell went 1 step further after saying the city had a stigma by revealing what brought it up.

We are talking to a Vic Metro boy and he's hesitant to come to Adelaide.

I happen to think it is Blease.

Similar player to Dangerfield last year and may fit under our new draft speed policy.

One thing though, we have no worries taking risks on the draft (Danger staying 1 year to do VCE didn't bother us at all), we take who we think is the best player at that pick.

That was more to do with enticing big name players to Adelaide via the trade, he went on to say that once we get people over, they don't tend have a problem at all with the place.

Im very happy with Richmond's picks:thumbsu:.
Would be pleased to see the draft pan out like this, quality mid first up, address a need with the second.

switch deboer with o'keefe and i think thats just about a perffect draft from freo's perspective. good work. again, good to see someone putting yarran up there, no way he'll slide out of the first round. especially after the impact cyril made to the hawks this year, clubs will be more than willing to go for him early.

Good effort. :thumbsu:

Nice to see that some people aren't falling into the BF groupthink trap ;)

With Tom Rockliff, I would be surprised to see Geelong take him as they already have quite a lot of goalkicking hff/crumbers - chapman, varcoe, steve johnson etc. Would think they would maybe go taller...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be pleased to see the draft pan out like this, quality mid first up, address a need with the second.

i agree. i would also consider getting shoenmakers with the 2nd pick instead of lynch, lynch seems more of a 3rd tall ryan okeefe type, but not bad...i'd be pleased with that, esp with getting ziebell

I would love Rich, Swift & Walters. If that actually happened WC would easily have the best midfield in the AFL again in 2-3 years time.

However, I can see us taking Natinui with Pick 2.

it seems like everyone predicts us snapping up tom lynch with pick26# based on all the phantom drafts i seen. im unsure weather he is a true CHF or more of a flanker, where did he play in the U18- what position and what are some of his key strengths and attributes, and draft camp results??

Whilst Yarran has more talent is his little finger than most, I just can't see Carlton taking a risk on him at 6. Suspect we are much more likely to take Hurley, Ziebell, Hartlett or Sidebottom.

What happens if the risk pays off? He would be the perfect fit for Carlton.

Sometimes in life you must take a little risk for a large reward. Every draft selection has an assosiated risk involved.

Sometimes in life you must take a little risk for a large reward. Every draft selection has an assosiated risk involved.

Yep and if it does pull off, your club basks in glory for years. If he's a hack, you get shat on for ever (Tambling the new full time Coburg recruit)

If the club goes down the Yarran road so to speak, I would be too disappointed, unless they pass on Ziebell. They must believe they can be-rid of his tendencies and make him live up to his potential, so I'll stand by their decision.

If it was me though, I wouldn't be taking him, think waying up the potential output and posibility to fail, there are better options but I'm not the recruiting staff and haven't seen him play most of his games.

Also wouldn't be surprised if he went fairly high, top 5 so to speak. Franklin and now Rioli I think might sway a few clubs to overlook the risk factor somewhat.

Hey guys, this is how i think the forst 2 rounds will go. Keen to hear feedback. :)

9. North - Steele Sidebottom

Need an exciting player with plenty of X factor. Sidebottom will be just what they need, a prolific goal kicking mid that's a ready made replacement for Grant.

Good choice.

27. North - Clancee Pearce

Talented small defender who's hard at it. Good skills but an awkward kicking style. Played very well in the Swan Districts league side and always makes the right decisions under pressure. Freo may also consider him at 24.

North have the medium/small defender spots covered with Urquart, Harding, Firrito, Gibson, McMahon, Pratt, Jesse Smith and Greenwood.

I think the club would be much more likely to draft Banner, Zaharakis or Rockliff with this pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back