Other New Patriots Scandal - DeflateGate

Remove this Banner Ad

Belichick was all in on the deflated balls, because as an offense, they found it also helped cut back on fumbles. So Belichick, who has his nose in everything, would've definitely been in on it to improve the RBs grip on the ball, as well as something Brady preferred. Helps the entire team. Not like Brady did something without Bill's consent, or Brady and RBs found out in practice how good deflated balls were and kept it from Belichick.

Nah man you're right that's why the Colts where given almost DOUBLE the amount of time before the snap in the next game.

How come Flacco can tell when there's is something off with the ball but Brady can't? Brady is a much better QB so to me it's quite obvious he's bull shitting

Flacco was talking about the FEEL of the ball not the pressure of the ball.

Flacco was talking about the FEEL of the ball not the pressure of the ball.

An the pressure has nothing to do with the "feel" of the ball? right o.

We don't know how deflated the balls were, nothing has officially come out. If it was 0.5 PSI the difference would be extremely negligible. Staw. Clutching. At.

We don't know how deflated the balls were, nothing has officially come out. If it was 0.5 PSI the difference would be extremely negligible. Staw. Clutching. At.

Eleven of the 12 game balls the Patriots provided were under-inflated by about 2 pounds per square inch each, ESPN reported. Regulation pressure is 12.5-13.5 psi. A ball with lower inflation is supposedly easier to grip and may give the passer a competitive advantage.

Watch Belichick's presser. He says quite clearly that the surface of the ball and the QB's preference for the condition of the surface is the most important thing in the preparation. The difference in air pressure is negligible when it comes to feeling.

Eleven of the 12 game balls the Patriots provided were under-inflated by about 2 pounds per square inch each, ESPN reported. Regulation pressure is 12.5-13.5 psi. A ball with lower inflation is supposedly easier to grip and may give the passer a competitive advantage.
lol c'mon you've got to do better than that!

new-england-patriots-deflategate-memes_0.jpg

The pressures have been been widely reported, dunno why you are even disputing this.
From one speculative Chris Mortensen report. Have the NFL come out and confirmed what the pressure of the footballs were yet? Nope.. didn't think so.

From one speculative Chris Mortensen report. Have the NFL come out and confirmed what the pressure of the footballs were yet? Nope.. didn't think so.
Yeah, you'd think people using the air pressure would be smart enough to realise it was one report from Mort from the old unnamed league sources.

Let's face it. It doesn't matter if the Patriots are exonerated or if they actually did it. Jealous little dickheads here and around the world abhor greatness and will look for any reason to denigrate accomplishment (especially when their team is s**t). It's the old "they're so good they must be cheats" line.

You can't reason with people who don't want to be reasoned with.

Having just listened to Bill's presser in full, I think what he's saying is they've worked out the optimal amount to deflate a ball without anybody noticing.

Interesting too is how he's changed his tone from 24hrs earlier when he claimed to know nothing at all about ball pressure. Now he's the expert with all the answers.

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having just listened to Bill's presser in full, I think what he's saying is they've worked out the optimal amount to deflate a ball without anybody noticing.

Interesting too is how he's changed his tone from 24hrs earlier when he claimed to know nothing at all about ball pressure. Now he's the expert with all the answers.

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

Presser was 48 hours ago and the whole point of it was they'd been spending time over the last 2 days running their own match day simulations, testing how the balls react. But hey don't let what he actually said get in the way of the hate.

BB will come out of this without suspension unlike another coach that was proven to be cheating and the proof was so concrete they decided to suspend him for an entire year. Justice was served :thumbsu:

LOL @ the continual references to the Saints.

We get coaches, players & a GM suspended for breaking a rule with next to no evidence . . . remind me, what did the Pat's get for a previous case of clear cut cheating?

Oh that's right . . . the NFL destroyed the evidence!

I do find it ironic that Pats fans play the "conspiracy theorist" card but in the next breathe claim everyone is against them because they are the Patriots.
Not claiming everyone is against us. Just waiting for something more concrete than bigfooty hearsay and conjecture or an ESPN Mortensn report that everyone is treating as gospel.

Not claiming everyone is against us. Just waiting for something more concrete than bigfooty hearsay and conjecture or an ESPN Mortensn report that everyone is treating as gospel.
Fire up your ignore list. I have today. No point carrying on further with people who aren't being reasonable, rational or objective.

My one regret in this whole affair, is its turned some decent pats posters into homer-otic drones...
Ahhh homoerotic play on words, so now the homophobic angle... classy.

You know what, I'm going to defend my team, especially when dullards bring legal formations and the right of a person to quit his job and take employment up with another franchise as some kind of underhanded dealings of cheating just because.

You do realise this is the #1 news story in the US currently?

Trivialising the interest/impact won't win you any more friends than the arrogant angle.

Bill & Tom tried that. Didn't work for them in quelling the interest so I'm guessing it won't work for you either.

You do realise this is the #1 news story in the US currently?

Trivialising the interest/impact won't win you any more friends than the arrogant angle.

Bill & Tom tried that. Didn't work for them in quelling the interest so I'm guessing it won't work for you either.
Yes it's laughable that it's the #1 news story in the US considering all the other stuff going on in the world at the moment.

I'm not interesting in winning friends, especially someone like you.

Bill and Tom have been backed into a corner, they've only explained their side of the story is all. If you don't believe it thats fine but you can't go around claiming they're guilty until the NFL pins it on them.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422151906.545438.jpg

It's been done to death. Check with John Brinkus on ESPN sports science for more.

A tiny difference that MAY be observable in a controlled room but when you're mid game in 45-50 degrees, in the rain ... Yeah nah...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back