List Mgmt. New President

Remove this Banner Ad

Dale Alcock finishing up at the end of this year, handing over to Chris Sutherland.

"Chris who?" I hear you type. Article says this:

"A foundation member of the Fremantle Football Club, Sutherland first joined Fremantle’s board in November 2021, bringing significant experience as a former managing director and CEO of Programmed for over a decade." He's now the chair of the Fremantle Ports Authority... literally the boss of the Fremantle dockers!

"Chris who?" I hear you type.
Chris who?

Oh you're good.
Pleasantly Surprised Reaction GIF by Originals

I was thinking more James, ex-Cricket Australia boss.
Was born in Bunbury, has a twin brother Greg.Greg was involved in banking with National bank. Now tied up with Australia post.
Played footy for Perth in the WAFL.
All information from Mr Google.

Last edited:
Does anyone know why Alcock is stepping aside? The president can serve up to 10 years and Dale started serving in 2016. Why not say on for the full 10?

Anyway, we should all thank Alcock for bringing Garlick and JL on board, founding our AFLW team, and his leadership during the pandemic. I think he's been a fantastic president.

Our team is in good stead for the future and he has left the team better off than when he got here. Cheers, DA!

Game Show Thank You GIF by Kinda Funny

Also, sounds like Chris bleeds Freo through and through. I have no opinion on his ability to lead an organization, but he seems well qualified to hand the baton off to. Onward and upward! :purpleheart::freo:

Does anyone know why Alcock is stepping aside? The president can serve up to 10 years and Dale started serving in 2016. Why not say on for the full 10?
You sure it's 10 and not 8? Seeing what Ryan Daniels said, Alcock has come to the end of his term as president.

You sure it's 10 and not 8? Seeing what Ryan Daniels said, Alcock has come to the end of his term as president.
Oh right, I had to go back and reread it. The BOARD tenure is 10 years, not president tenure. It can be extended to 12 years if you serve as president. Thanks for the check, brother!

"The Club’s constitution limits board tenures to 10 years, however a Director serving as President is able to extend their tenure to 12 years which proved invaluable to ensure stability at the top level as the Club navigated the Covid-19 pandemic."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back