NCAA New to College Football - Looking for a Team to Follow

Remove this Banner Ad

Georgia Tech Yellowjackets. Get behind my old teammate Adam Gotsis as he looks to improve on his last two seasons!
It's not often an Aussie becomes a starter in his first season of College in the states!
With any luck we'll get GT vs Gardner Webb sometime in the next two years.

But along with GWU I've made the jump this year from Minnesota to Maryland. Again, I'm another one who jumped head first into picking a team for the sake of picking a team.

Not fully committed to the Terps yet but at the very least brings me into line with having the Ravens and Os as favorite teams in those sports.

With any luck we'll get GT vs Gardner Webb sometime in the next two years.

But along with GWU I've made the jump this year from Minnesota to Maryland. Again, I'm another one who jumped head first into picking a team for the sake of picking a team.

Not fully committed to the Terps yet but at the very least brings me into line with having the Ravens and Os as favorite teams in those sports.

I think a lot of people develop a love for a team after a few years watching. I was a 'Canes fan at first, being a Dolphins supporter was a natural link, but after spending a bit of time in Georgia, the Ramblin' Wreck love grew. Meeting a GT girl probably helped too. lol

Don't count out Texas.
1 win away from winning the Big XII last year, didn't lose much top end talent and they finally got the coach change they've needed over the last 3 years.

Though, now that I think about it, they feel like an enigma. They'll be one extreme or the other. 6-6 or 12-0. Guess we'll find out in September :p

ps. I think Michigan State is the team to watch on the national title scene.

oooops! Gotta love college football!

I think a lot of people develop a love for a team after a few years watching. I was a 'Canes fan at first, being a Dolphins supporter was a natural link, but after spending a bit of time in Georgia, the Ramblin' Wreck love grew. Meeting a GT girl probably helped too. lol
Good on ya.

Like I said the Minnesota supportership was kinda forced and only really continued for as long as it did because my housemate is a Hawkeyes supporter but you just can't lie to yourself for that long.

Maryland feels much more natural.

But of course the natural link with Gardner Webb is the strongest with a teammate of mine currently suiting up for the Running Bulldogs. Shame they can't be D1 but I'll make do. :)

Looks like they're heading to 6-6.
Michigan State is annoying though.

they could be 1-5 or 2-4 after the next 4 games. Loving every second of that!

If anyone is reading this...let me pitch my college Texas A&M. we are a unique breed, traditions a plenty, enjoying a rise up ranks after being a school with so much potential for so long. Kevin Sumlin is what Steve Spurrier was to Florida. We are a loyal bunch, with some issues like expecting the worst to happen (Battered Aggie Syndrome or BAS). BAS however is on the decline! We never lose, just run out of time. We don't scream, we yell. We started the 12th man tradition, we are the home, I said THE home of the 12th man. Thanks and Gig'Em! If you have a military presence in the family we might be for you :)

maxresdefault.jpg

Good to see a vols fan on here.

the vols are going places with butch at the helm

ill believe it when i see it, they have been saying the same about Nebraska, West Virginia, and a few others. A few seasons back the Volts started like 4-0 then got slaughtered by Bama when Gameday was there, and had a meltdown for the rest of the year

BYU.
Boise State.
They have special ESPN deals that give them a lot of games. Few midweek games get on.
After them? It's just whichever team is good at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Approximately 98% of the university's 34,000 students are members of the LDS Church"

Yeah, nah.

Boise State is one I'll look into further though - cheers!
Idaho is America's 2nd Mormon state.
So if the Mormons are what's putting you off it, maybe avoid Boise State.

If you want tv teams though, just select someone who's at the top of the ACC or BigTen networks.
It feels all their big teams are tv every week. The big SEC and Pac-12 teams feel like they're on every 2nd weekend.

Just started following college football (Texas A&M in particular) over the last few weeks. I have a friend who went to Texas A&M and have family ties to Texas, hence why I go for Houston in the NFL .. You may remember me as being another one who jumped on the Patriots bandwagon last season. Turns out I forgot about the game after a couple of weeks, so I've decided to have another shot this season.

Last edited:
Just started following college football (Texas A&M in particular) over the last few weeks. I have a friend who went to Texas A&M and have family ties to Texas, hence why I go for Houston in the NFL .. You may remember me as being another one who jumped on the Patriots bandwagon last season. Turns out I forgot about the game after a couple of weeks, so I've decided to have another shot this season.

Its funny to think of Bandwagon teams to be teams that are and always have been average. bandwagon teams normally have winning traditions like USC and ND. but A&M are the trendy team right now for bandwagon fans.

Its funny to think of Bandwagon teams to be teams that are and always have been average. bandwagon teams normally have winning traditions like USC and ND. but A&M are the trendy team right now for bandwagon fans.

Why's that?

Why's that?

All the media around the program from Johnny D-bag, and now Hill, and ESPN forcing it down everyones throat. Also the SEC thing and people getting sick of Bama. they are the new Bama just with out any title success.

I narrowed down the two teams that I want to follow; Ole Miss and Texas A&M. Turns out they're playing each other on Sunday! Score!

I narrowed down the two teams that I want to follow; Ole Miss and Texas A&M. Turns out they're playing each other on Sunday! Score!
do you really want to support a team who base their entire identity on not being texas? Do you really want to support the school that gave us johnny football and is now trying to give us kenny trill? There is only one answer to your question. Hotty Toddy.

Kinda want you to go Ole miss, just to see you suffer in a few years when their golden era ends.

I doubt Texas A&M will be stopped now. That juggernaut is well under way.

People have asked about 'who's on tv' and I generally have replied 'Boise State, BYU and whoever the flavour of the month in the ACC and BigTen are'
Well, here's the full list of who's been on live and amount of times.

I've bolded Boise State, BYU and all ACC and BigTen teams to show where they are on the list.

5 - Virginia Tech
4 - Boise State
4 - Michigan
4 - Michigan State

4 - Notre Dame
4 - Ohio State
3 - BYU
3 - Florida State
3 - Miami (Fl)

3 - Ole Miss
3 - Oklahoma State
3 - Stanford