Senior List
Mar 1, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Hi all

I have spent endless hours over the last 5 years researching the WAFL including recording all available quarter by quarter scores and goalscorers for all teams going back to 1929.

My aim was to share my reseach with fellow WAFL fans. So here it is.

This is my first ever website, so welcome any feedback which can be provided on the site or on here.

The website is www.waflfootyfacts.net and although there is already lots of information in it, I have left a few placeholders which will be completed over the next couple of weeks.

I will update the website after every round of fixtures outlining some interesting and obscure facts from each game each round from the extensive database I own.

Enjoy....

Thanks swans4eva, will have a look shortly.

Ladder page now updated:
- includes win loss records (ladders based on match ratio - win loss %) for each decade, underage years, post WCE and Dockers, post Peel entry into WAFL as well.
I will add updated here as I do them
Thanks

www.waflfootyfacts.net update

I have cleaned up some more typos and corrected a couple of error.

Also have made the score boxes stand out a bit more on the venues page. Should have similar information for the teams as I have in the venues sections by the weekend.

Also round 2 predictions are up.

Cheers All

waflfootyfacts.net update
Hi all.
Heres the new additions to the site:
- Round 1 review updated
- Round 2 review added
- Match result boxes added to Teams pages
- Changed top link from Comebacks to WAFL Records
- Added WAFL records page which includes extensive Game Records with more to be added over the next few weeks
- Few minor errors and typos corrected
Hope you are enjoying the site, and please let all your WAFL buddies know about it...
Cheers

Hi all.
- Round 1 review updated
- Round 2 review added
- Match result boxes added to Teams pages
- Changed top link from Comebacks to WAFL Records
- Added WAFL records page which includes extensive Game Records with more to be added over the next few weeks
- Few minor errors and typos corrected
Hope you are enjoying the site, and please let all your WAFL buddies know about it...
Cheers

I've seen your website and so far it looks good.

Just a question.

Is it gonna be similar to AFL Tables or RogersResults?

I've seen your website and so far it looks good.

Just a question.

Is it gonna be similar to AFL Tables or RogersResults?

Hi RedmanWasHere

Thanks for the feedback...Well the site is going to be similiar to both, originally i planned it to be more like Rogers Results but to due some suggestions I have incorporated some table similar to AFL tables. So you could say its going to be a bit of a mix.

Cheers

Ric

Hi all. I'll keep the updates coming as I add more stuff.

- Round 2 review updated
- Round 3 predictions added to home page
- Fixed Perth v East Fremantle W/L record - Thanks Neil A
- Added 'Streaks' on the WAFL Records page - includes most consecutive wins, losses, Scores over and under 100, and 100 point margins

Thanks for all the feedback guys and please feel free to query anything that doesnt look right including typo's or obvious stats errors as I only have one set of eyes.

Cheers

Comperehensive review of round 4 up on the site.
Lots of streaks broken this round including the Sharks droughtbreaking run against Subiaco at home and Perths winless streak against Swans at Bassendean both coming to an end.

http://waflfootyfacts.net/Review_r4_2013.

Sorry about the lack of updates the last week, have been away.

Round 5 P v EF review and all of round 6 games reviews complete. Access from the ][see more] links for each game from the 2013 season scores and results page.

www.waflfootyfacts.net/Seasons/2013/scores.html

Round 7 predictions on the home page.

Team v Team streaks updated as a few were extended and ended during the last two rounds.
www.waflfootyfacts.net/streaks_teams.html

Cardy - the predictions for last week from my softeare would've only got you the Claremomt v West Perth game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Swans4eva,
I'm fascinated by statistics - love browsing a Wisden Almanack and have just begun to put a few stats together on the WAFL. I've collected most of the data from the WAFL website, and in searching for more data on the 'net came across your website. I can see you've put a lot of work into it, and if you're going to continue, I imagine you'll be spending a lot more time on it. Keep it up.
A couple of questions to an expert on collecting this data. I would like to obtain quarter by quarter scores for some of the WAFL Finals games over the years, but especially the 1964 and 1965 Grand Finals. Do you know where this data is readily available ?
Also, in the WAFL scores for round 1 in 2004, they show a score of Peel Thunder at home to Claremont as 0.0 to 17.15. I cannot believe this to be correct. Can you advise ?
Any advice would much appreciated.
Regards

Hi John41

Thanks for the feedback - I will be adding all quarter x quarter scores fro 1898 onto my website over summer - I have all bar a few which can be found here - http://www.waflfootyfacts.net/missing.html. If you want all the scores now the australianfootball.com website has them all I have a link to that site from here http://www.waflfootyfacts.net/links.html. The Peel Thunder score of 0.0 was due to the fact they played an unregistered player and had their of 10.10 (70) wiped, therefore their official score for the match is 0.0 (0).

Many thanks for the information. I wasn't aware of the australianfootball site. It's really comprehensive isn't it ? Sorry for bringing up the 1965 Grand Final, if you're old enough, it must have rekindled painful memories - 9 goals to East Fremantle in the last quarter. Iust in case you're wondering, I'm not an East Fremantle supporter, I'm also in a great deal of pain at the moment after watching Claremont lose to West Perth and East Perth in successive weeks !

Hi John41

Thanks for the feedback - I will be adding all quarter x quarter scores fro 1898 onto my website over summer - I have all bar a few which can be found here - http://www.waflfootyfacts.net/missing.html. If you want all the scores now the australianfootball.com website has them all I have a link to that site from here http://www.waflfootyfacts.net/links.html. The Peel Thunder score of 0.0 was due to the fact they played an unregistered player and had their of 10.10 (70) wiped, therefore their official score for the match is 0.0 (0).

Many thanks for the information. I wasn't aware of the australianfootball site. It's really comprehensive isn't it ? Sorry for bringing up the 1965 Grand Final, if you're old enough, it must have rekindled painful memories - 9 goals to East Fremantle in the last quarter. Iust in case you're wondering, I'm not an East Fremantle supporter, I'm also in a great deal of pain at the moment after watching Claremont lose to West Perth and East Perth in successive weeks !

Thanks mate, that website is pretty good too, not sure I should promote it as it has similar info as mine but more then happy to promote any website that covers the WAFL and other leagues rather than afl only. My website is designed to work in conjunction with that website and the official WAFL website. They didn't have all qtr x qtr scores when I started up my site. I just wish I had better web skills as my site takes up a lot of time due to manual entry of all the scores.

No bitter memories of 1965 as I was born in 1973, I have had a good run with grand finals as a Swannies man, especially against your mob - :) - sorry couldn't resist.

G'day all
With the new season to get underway shortly thought I'd drop by and let you all know that I have been busy in the off season growing the website. My next update, which I hoped to have online before the start of the season, will be up by mid April.
This update will include:
Season reviews for all seasons from 1898 including quarter by quarter scores for about 99% of all games played
Each game on the season review page will be able to be expanded to see more information such as scores in each qtr and half and their respective margins. Goalscorers will be listed from most games from 1929 onwards - this list will grow throughout the season as I continue to add this data.
Player stats added for each most games for 1968, 1982-1988 and 2008 onwards with other random games.
Every Swan Districts game review will include the full team list.
Each season will have a designated records section
I will continue to increase the depth of the records sections for ALL teams and ALL venues over the season when I have the time.
Thanks for your support last season and looking forward to providing indepth game reviews and updates throughout the season.
To those that have provided suggestions in the past I have them filed away and will look at incorporating them in the near future.
Feel free to provide feedback, suggestions, comments on the feedback page on the website, on Facebook, Twitter or via this forum.
Cheers
Ric

Ric, great job, as always. Can't even begin to comprehend the amount of man hours involved. I'm guessing you won't have time to do any WAFL tipping? :D

March 21, 2014: Season reviews, records and individual match reviews including goalscorers and player stats (where available) for the following seasons:

1930 - 1934, 1950-1951, 1953, 1957-1990, 1995-2013 - Remaining seasons will be added shortly as will updates to WAFL records, team and venues record pages.

http://waflfootyfacts.net/seasons.html

Last edited:
Ric, great job, as always. Can't even begin to comprehend the amount of man hours involved. I'm guessing you won't have time to do any WAFL tipping? :D
Hey Swannies. - thanks, too many, although learning quicker ways to do things which definitely helps! No time for tipping unfortunately. Maybe next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back