Teams New York Jets - Gang Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Could only watch the last quarter and a bit on Gamepass at work, can't wait to get home and watch the replay. That D, oh my god!! :hearts::hearts::hearts:

Fitzy looks competent if nothing else, looks like Geno's days could be numbered if he can keep moving the chains, get the scoreboard ticking over and limit any turnovers.

And what a damn great acquisition Marshall has been - we've been crying out for a decent receiver for years.

And what a damn great acquisition Marshall has been - we've been crying out for a decent receiver for years.
If you average his stats so far, he's going at 7 catches a game, for 82 yards and 1 TD a game.
It's very early but if you extend that out over a season he's looking at around 112 catches, 1312 yards and 16 TDs for the season. For a 5th round pick he was an absolute steal. Such a beast and so hard to cover 1 on 1.

And now as a number 2, how good has Decker looked? 5 catches a game, 67 yards, 1 TD a game, works out to 80 catches for 1072 yards and 16 TDs.

I'm not suggesting both of them will finish the year with 16 TDs and over 1000 yards, but they are working beautifully together as a tandem so far.

Just watched the game. Man, our D is huge at the moment, everything about it and obivously the takeaway are the big factor.

2-0 sounds strange but good.

Good times..I'm excited..for once!

I had a look through our schedule and damn, we really have an opportunity here to make the most of the roster that has been pulled together and the strong D.

AFC South and NFC East with Conference games against Cleveland (already won) and Oakland and what looks like a terrible Miami...

Don't want to get ahead of myself and things will fall in a heap if we don't show up against Philly this week but - damn. On form so far and assuming a good run with injuries (and Fitz continues to manage the ball and not turn it over) we will be under-performing if we don't win 10 games this year.

Watch me jinx it now and we go on to lose to Philly & Miami :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 2nd half was decent, receivers made some nice plays and the D completely shut them down. If it wasn't some bad plays and then some stupid decision making by a few players, we may have won that game. Our biggest problem was we couldn't run the ball, showed how much we need Ivory.

I still argue that Marshall play is the dumbest thing I have ever seen in sports, (even over ButtFumble)

Without Ivory to run the ball and without Decker as a strong second target we struggled big time. Our D was blowing up at the end of the first half as the offense couldn't stay on the field.

That Marshall play, WTF? And goddamn I wanted someone to smash the hell out of Sproles, he was annoying the hell out of me buzzing around like a little mosquito. Why don't they go for his legs? They kept trying to tackle him high and he'd just dance around them.

Should have seen this coming, reminded me of the game a couple of years back after we beat the Falcons on MNF then stunk it up at home the following week and got blown out by the Bengals a week or two later.

I won't go as far as saying "same old Jets" yet, will wait til Ivory and Decker are back but that performance was mind bogglingly frustrating.

Part of me wants to see geno start...just to see what happens

God no, that would've been a disaster with him out there yesterday. If he had Ivory and Decker then maybe but still...

Also Devin Smith looked good but he had 3 long targets and they all fell a couple of inches too short. The first two were lucky not to be picked off so what do they do? Try their luck a third time and what do you know - picked! Probably cost us another score.

God no, that would've been a disaster with him out there yesterday. If he had Ivory and Decker then maybe but still...

Also Devin Smith looked good but he had 3 long targets and they all fell a couple of inches too short. The first two were lucky not to be picked off so what do they do? Try their luck a third time and what do you know - picked! Probably cost us another score.

Devin smith did look very promising. Hopefully we get decker back . He provides another strong passing target and allows marshall to be isolated one v one. Obviosly if ivory played we would have had more than 30 rushing yards.

Imo we need to see what geno is made of. This is likely his last chance in the nfl, stuff this up and he is gone. He had a very strong camp. Curious to see if there has been a fire lit inside him and take the opportunity. Fitzpatrick is a back up and he will always be a backup. We need to know if geno can lead the franchise in the future

Imo we need to see what geno is made of. This is likely his last chance in the nfl, stuff this up and he is gone. He had a very strong camp. Curious to see if there has been a fire lit inside him and take the opportunity. Fitzpatrick is a back up and he will always be a backup. We need to know if geno can lead the franchise in the future

Geno will have games where he lights it up. But he is an idiot and will still make classic mistakes at key moments. He may prove to be a better option than Fitz but he will never make it as a "franchise" QB.

Geno will have games where he lights it up. But he is an idiot and will still make classic mistakes at key moments. He may prove to be a better option than Fitz but he will never make it as a "franchise" QB.
Who could be a long term option at qb?? Rg3 had ab awesome rookie year and i was impressed with johnny football in week 1 against us. Made some good passes and excellent runs but was held back by the browns continually nullifying his rush yards because of infringements.

I mention those 2 because they are probably quite gettable

Who could be a long term option at qb?? Rg3 had ab awesome rookie year and i was impressed with johnny football in week 1 against us. Made some good passes and excellent runs but was held back by the browns continually nullifying his rush yards because of infringements.

I mention those 2 because they are probably quite gettable

I would hate us to recruit either of those guys. I think we just have to keep trying ti draft one in, there's a severe lack of quality QB's available and those that are are locked away by their teams long term.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back