NewEra AFL hats coming soon - thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

I really hate the fact snapbacks have made a resurgence, I blame all the little dumbasses that never had to put up with the horrible things as a kid, only thing worse is trucker caps. Disappointing if they're flexifit and not true fitted, any other opinions pending until I see the actual designs, have been wanting a decent club branded cap for some time and fear this is turning out to be yet more disappointment.

Not sure if been mentioned but the NRL NewEra caps look very good.. But looking at the photos of the AFL ones (particularly Freo, WCE and Port) it does look cheap and poorly done

They're NewEra caps. The company releases '59Fifty Fitted' and '9Fifty' Snapbacks. Flexifit is a different company alltogether.

Source? Got mad swag, yo. 8 9 Yankees Caps, 1 Bulls Cap and counting.

Also, went to my local AFL store, and the stock is organized by individual store managers, and as such supply may be limited. I wanted all four designs, and got them ordered in specifically.

They make more than just the 59fifty and the 9fifty you know.. The 9forty is velcro/buckle backed, 39Thirty is an elastic stretch back which many would mistakenly call flexifit.

Bull**** they're selling $50 flexfit hats under the new era name. They aren't even worth $20 let alone $50.

They're a footy shop not a hat boutique.

They are selling New Era caps and clearly they have no idea that a cap that isn't adjustable isn't automatically called flexifit.

Seriously, go down there, rip out your pedantic hat nerd talk and see what happens.

OR you can just harden the * up and accept they don't know s**t about hats in a footy shop.

They make more than just the 59fifty and the 9fifty you know.. The 9forty is velcro/buckle backed, 39Thirty is an elastic stretch back which many would mistakenly call flexifit.
Yep, they sell 59fifty's for $60 and the white snapbacks I mentioned earlier are 9fifty for $50.

They are selling New Era caps and clearly they have no idea that a cap that isn't adjustable isn't automatically called flexifit.

Seriously, go down there, rip out your pedantic hat nerd talk and see what happens.

OR you can just harden the **** up and accept they don't know s**t about hats in a footy shop.

Sorry my hat knowledge overwhelms you.
Well with all the hype and future profit they're hoping to make, you'll think they'll get the name of the product right. I know if I heard they were flexifits I wouldn't bother forking out $60 on something that could cost me $15 with a $5 stitching job.

But a good poster in J_M_J has confirmed that they aren't flexifits, which means I must get one of these. Only to regret that i could've spent $60 on 2 Giants hats in the states:thumbsdown: .

OR you can just harden the **** up and accept they don't know s**t about hats in a footy shop.

Yep, they sell 59fifty's for $60 and the white snapbacks I mentioned earlier are 9fifty for $50.
Thanks for clarifying, will have to go see the design of the fitted although $60 is a bit over my hat budget especially if the design is a bit average... That statement also applies to most generalised stores, fairly sure places like rebel sports etc. wouldn't give two shits either.

The Brisbane ones look terrible

552965_456169227743932_1778466276_n.jpg

White one looks good actually

Oh hey i didn't realise they made a paddle pop lion cap :p Actually don't mind the colour scheme on the white one though...

Yeahh the logo does suck ahaha, atleast they get free advertising from the paddlepop company :p

Yeahh the logo does suck ahaha, atleast they get free advertising from the paddlepop company :p
Haha yeah, shame considering how good the previous logo was though, can't say too much about the hats though from what i've seen the richmond one just has a gigantic letter R on the front...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha yeah, shame considering how good the previous logo was though, can't say too much about the hats though from what i've seen the richmond one just has a gigantic letter R on the front...

There's alot of jokes wearing a hat with a gigantic R on it :p

Sorry my hat knowledge overwhelms you. But a good poster in J_M_J has confirmed that they aren't flexifits .

I don't know, I'm mad skeptical these aren't legit. Only time will tell. That instagram'd Collingwood one looks pretty legit though. I'M SO CONFLICTED!!

Yeah, there are a few. They got a rad Yankees plaid knitted thing that looks like Kyle from South Parks went all YOLO and s**t. I got a nice short cut Yankees beanie as well. Good s**t, man.

I don't know, I'm mad skeptical these aren't legit. Only time will tell. That instagram'd Collingwood one looks pretty legit though. I'M SO CONFLICTED!!

Yeah, there are a few. They got a rad Yankees plaid knitted thing that looks like Kyle from South Parks went all YOLO and s**t. I got a nice short cut Yankees beanie as well. Good s**t, man.
Deledio tweeted one that looked fairly legit too, although it just had a gigantic letter R on it, checked the club site and nothing and the AFL store has no online shop so no idea either.

I only have my White Sox one, de-stickered and bent though... As I had said have been waiting / hoping for a Richmond one so hoping they look decent in person. Will be twice as annoying if the better design is on the snap back, I really can't stand those horrible plastic straps.

Deledio tweeted one that looked fairly legit too, although it just had a gigantic letter R on it, checked the club site and nothing and the AFL store has no online shop so no idea either.

I only have my White Sox one, de-stickered and bent though... As I had said have been waiting / hoping for a Richmond one so hoping they look decent in person. Will be twice as annoying if the better design is on the snap back, I really can't stand those horrible plastic straps.

I always thought that it's a bit odd that there isn't that much promotion going on ...

I definitely thought they could have made a bit more effort. A lot of them are pretty much the same logo with a slightly different colour scheme. .... not that I can complain that much, all my Yankees caps are basically the same with different colors.

Here's hoping they take off. I love this s**t.

Look like they should all have John Deere on the front.
Spit out a bit of Redman, hop in the tonka truck and go pick up the kids for your visitation at the ex wife's caravan.

Why do we need rubbish like this ?

Anyone who finds this kind of crap good must be a 12year old tv addict.

Bull**** they're selling $50 flexfit hats under the new era name. They aren't even worth $20 let alone $50.

NewEra is a brand. They make all soughts of "caps" fitted or otherwise, these are fitted.

Id much rather we got 39Thirty flexi's, far cooler. If i bought the ghetto style hats id never wear it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back