Next Weeks Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: A.Stevens (suspended) D.Morrell
In: D.Harris S.Rocca

As much as i hate the fact that Rocca will be in, everyone knows Deano will bring him straight back in when he is fully fit.

Give Spider another few weeks off :)

Stevo suspended:eek: Thats a worrying thought, I am sure he must've taken some angry pills before tonights game, gave away 3 free kicks, strange for him.

Go Roos

Oh gees.. applying pressure at a marking contest..

Thats really reportable:rolleyes:

Pathetic if they report it, as pathetic as Jess Sinclair not being awarded 9 points.

Go Roos

Originally posted by tashibatts
What Did Stevo do anyway?
I cant even remember.

Go Roos

He crunched into a Melbourne player as he was taking a mark. I think he will get suspended, as the replay clearly shows that Stevo's eyes were on the man and not the ball.

Originally posted by Aussie_Roo
He crunched into a Melbourne player as he was taking a mark. I think he will get suspended, as the replay clearly shows that Stevo's eyes were on the man and not the ball.

A bit like when the Melbourne player (don't know who it was - don't really care) who pushed Kingy into the fence. He didn't have eyes for the ball either and only had a free kick paid against him. :mad:

I want to see Jeremy Clayton, Daniel Harris and Michael Firrito play next week.....who to go out?

Wells, Morrell, S.Clayton...we'll see tho, Laidley hinted at giving those three a greater chance of playing next week....i hope to god harris gets selected andtakes the opportunity with two hands and a leg and teeth and doesn't let it go

revised ins and outs after reviewing the game and reading laidleys comments.
Out: Wells, Morrell and Stevo(will go)
In: Harris, Clayton and Burrito or taco or what ever his name is. Those people who want Shane Clayton out were watching a different game to me.

Stevo will definitely be given 1 week. It was very smilar to the 2 players that got 1 week last week.

Rocca will come in for either Hale or Morrell. While Hale hasn't done anything wrong, I think it will be him.

I'm praying Harris will come in for Stevo. Just on that, I haven't seen the reason on any other threads why Harris hasn't played yet. Has he simply not been picked...??? This would be strange after his intra-club form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems pretty certain Rocca won't be playing and I agree Stevo is likely to get a week. Shane Clayton will definitely stay in but Digby looks like he needs some touch however we're not exactly flush for big forwards. It wouldn't surprise if Harro was the only in with Stevo getting a rest. There's a possibility that Wells may be rested for Firritto or Clayton.J.

If Stevo goes for that then the game is in danger in my view. It was an attempt to spoil that connected with the Melbourne players body, it was not a head high tackle or significantly worse than you would see in many a marking contest.

In contrast there were at least three worse head high tackles by Melbourne players on our boys of which Teague happened right in front of us and the idiot umpire pinged him for holding the ball.

My opinion for what it is worth.

As stated in the paper Harris, Clayton and Firrito in. I think Shane Clayton played quite well. (He doesn't man up well and is not that hard at the ball but he gets on his own regularly). His disposal was excellent - his playing style suits the new brand of footy.
Out - Hale, Stevo (suspended - soft but reckless) and poss Wells. I' not sure about Wells - whether to keep him in get him used to the pace of the game.

OUTS: Shane Clayton, Stevo
INS:D Harris, S Motlop

Thought Shane CLayton played a pretty good game yesterday but we know what he can do and it is time to see whether shannon motlp is fair dinkum about playing this year. he should be able to play the loose role that clayton plays, could feasibly be given a crack as a small defender allowing makepeace to have a burst through the middle on occasions.

on another topic, i thought brady rawlings had a good game. at one point, he seemed to be trying to rough his opponent (?henneman/heffernan?) up with archer coming over to try and calm brady down. funny stuff.

with all the positives that have been seen to date this year, where does this leave a bloke like rod crowe?

I think it would be a good move to drop Wells. Seems like JYD is only going to use him sparingly (spelling???) off the bench and in the pocket. If thats the case then Wells is better off getting a decent run in the midfield for port this weekend.

Once again, it seems to me that the side will be picked based on how serious we are about winning it, for whatever reason. Whether to encourage members to sign up, to keep having serious hit-outs, because a win gets you into the Wizard GF... or whether it is to experiment/develop the team and players. Thus far, you'd have to say Laidley is serious about winning the games, not just playing in them.

So, that suggests to me that he won't change it too much, meaning that he would be unlikely to bring in J. Clayton or Firrito IMO. Wells and Hale, it would seem are deliberately being given game time, and whilst neither have set the world alight, they haven't stuffed up either. Whilst his wording was unfortunate, I agreed with Gary Lyon's assessment that Wells was doing well without winning the ball. Hale didn't show as much and may possibly be a casualty if Rocca does play.

And whilst on the kids.. didn't Watson do well for his debut, and not a lot of game time?! :)

Just on giving wraps, I dips my lid to Makepeace who is making me eat my words at the moment with his run, hardness and presence of mind in the midfield. His foot and handpasses were exceptional. So too Rawlings and Clayton who had great games and lifted a few notches from last week, and from the level of the average game we've seen from them. The linkers.

I reckon Stevo will probably be suspended, and would expect Harris to finally be given a go. As someone else has suggested, the two players for whom he is a logical replacement (or competition) are probably Stevo and Robbins.

JYD has said that Rocca won't play in the seniors this week, but it could be a ruse. The forward line is an issue, and Morrell played a shocker this week IMO - no surprises there for me - and the question is whether to give him more time for 'touch' (does he ever have 'touch'?) or bring in Rocca so that Morrell doesn't have the same level of defender playing on him?

The moves I'd like to see, along with Skarks and the Ox, and assuming Stevo is suspended, are:

Out: Stevens, Morrell (or Hale)
In: Harris, Rocca

It was the same as Mcleods last year.
Chaffeys was way more wreckless that Stevso, but will probabaly still get a week.
Makepeace is a tough son of a bitch.....and Clayton didnt miss a target :)
Cheers.
Skarks.

Drop Diggers, Drop Watt, Drop Hale to bring in Sav and some kid on the rookie list. Think people.
Clayton played well and people still want him dropped.
Gee Simo had a quiet first half were the knifes out on him???
Diggers is not like Carey and will get beaten, Watch him, not just the stats at the end of the game. And on that understand that there are stats that are not seen in the paper, like shepards off the ball, leads to space, filling holes, creating space for the ball to be kicked too.

Watt is not mick or Denchie and will have to learn. Watch a couple of the goals the "Coleman medalist" kicked, the passes came out of the centre with no pressure on the bloke kicking the ball.
Hale has just played his 2nd snr game he will need 40 to learn.

Time.

Its a long season and no point playing your best footy in March or having blokes tired and out of steam in August.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back