Moved Thread Nick Daicos or Will Ashcroft?

Who is more damaging inside?

• Nick Daicos

Votes: 79 61.2%
  • Will Ashcroft

Votes: 50 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cmon. Ashcroft is going to be a gun. These threads always end up the same way. 🤦🏼‍♂️
Why can't we just sit back and watch 2 great father sons. With out the * measuring contest. No doubting Nick's ability. Good chance he will be the best player in the competition by end of next season if not earlier.

Wills just getting started too. I think both teams will be happy with the selections and both supported bases would be right in not wanting the other.

Not sure if this has been bought up. But Brisbane are last (edit: 3rd last) in the comp for disposals aswell. Which obviously means we use it less. Ashcroft can win the ball as well as any but we move the ball forward so fast. All our mids our down on numbers this year.

Why can't we just sit back and watch 2 great father sons. With out the * measuring contest. No doubting Nick's ability. Good chance he will be the best player in the competition by end of next season if not earlier.

Wills just getting started too. I think both teams will be happy with the selections and both supported bases would be right in not wanting the other.
Spot on. The amount of crap these kids cop from all oppo fans is pathetic

Not sure if this has been bought up. But Brisbane are last (edit: 3rd last) in the comp for disposals aswell. Which obviously means we use it less. Ashcroft can win the ball as well as any but we move the ball forward so fast. All our mids our down on numbers this year.
It’s crazy that 2 of the bottom 3 teams for disposals are 2 of the top 3 teams on the ladder.

I thought Collingwood might be somewhere down there too after reading your post because it’s a fairly similar-ish game plan to move the ball forward at all costs fast and win territory.

Pies are probably using more handballs in transition.

Still surprising as the Lions move it fast too.

I love this thread. Highlights some of the youngsters that will be mainstays for another 10-15 years.

Sheezel should definitely be in conversations about best youngster.

Father and Son, one of the better rules our sport has.

As a general rule , no position on the ground is easier to play than others. You play positions to suit your skill set. Little tid bit for people griping about Ashcroft and Daicos weaker areas.

I’m not going to pretend like I’ve watched anywhere near as much of Sheezel as you have, so can’t really comment on his forward craft.

You’re not comparing the two based on exposed form though, are you? Daicos has kicked 4x the goals Sheezel has, and a few have been on the run from 50, another was from a tight-ish angle against Port from 45 out, then you’ve got the one on ANZAC day against Essendon where he practically checksided it on the run within the space of a few metres after receiving the handball. The kid just does things you can tell he has naturally inherited from his old man who probably has the best forward craft/goal nous of anyone that has ever played the game.

I know you love your Sheezel, but he ain’t quite at young Nicholas’s level just yet.
That's cos he's in his first year. If you compare their first years only Sheeze looks at least as good.

This thread is morphing into a Daicos v Ashcroft v Sheezel thread, I would like to include Bailey Humphrey, Jason Horne-Francis, George Wardlaw and Levi Ashcroft please.
Cool, random players who haven't been drafted yet. Couldn't be any sillier than it is.

I love this thread. Highlights some of the youngsters that will be mainstays for another 10-15 years.

Sheezel should definitely be in conversations about best youngster.

Father and Son, one of the better rules our sport has.

As a general rule , no position on the ground is easier to play than others. You play positions to suit your skill set. Little tid bit for people griping about Ashcroft and Daicos weaker areas.
Worth repeating....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's cos he's in his first year. If you compare their first years only Sheeze looks at least as good.

I think it is wrong that Sheezles isn't named as part of this thread. Or JHF. Each of those players are guns in their own right. Very bizarre thread. But don't hate against the OP, he is doing his best with what he has been given.

It’s crazy that 2 of the bottom 3 teams for disposals are 2 of the top 3 teams on the ladder.

I thought Collingwood might be somewhere down there too after reading your post because it’s a fairly similar-ish game plan to move the ball forward at all costs fast and win territory.

Pies are probably using more handballs in transition.

Still surprising as the Lions move it fast too.
I was going to mention about the pies being a hand ball first kinda team. I thought they'd be close to top of the possession list. (I don't know where they sit.) What ever it is Fly has the pies humming along nicely.

I think the low possession count for us can be attributed to our forward half pressure. We score alot from turnovers (I think it was our main score source against you lot at the start of the year). Plus being the best centre clearance team helps too.

I think it is wrong that Sheezles isn't named as part of this thread. Or JHF. Each of those players are guns in their own right. Very bizarre thread. But don't hate against the OP, he is doing his best with what he has been given.
OP creates thread to discuss two footballing youngsters, and gets called insecure and gets shot down without having said a bad word about any of the youngsters. Never change BF, never change.

I love these threads.
Honestly, it’s not even about comparing, it’s about discussing them. No doubt they’ll all be stars in their own right.

You have people who choose to pot these kids and those same people are potting me for creating this thread.

Only reason I’ve done it because I know it’s going to make for great reading down the track.

I was going to mention about the pies being a hand ball first kinda team. I thought they'd be close to top of the possession list. (I don't know where they sit.) What ever it is Fly has the pies humming along nicely.

Defs a more handball happy team. Currently 7th in the comp for disposals. Interestingly, it’s only 30 possessions more per game than the Lions, but shows that difference in movement styles on transition.

I think the low possession count for us can be attributed to our forward half pressure. We score alot from turnovers (I think it was our main score source against you lot at the start of the year). Plus being the best centre clearance team helps too.

That makes sense. Quick counters and fast movement by foot. I lost track of the amount of times the Lions caught the Pies out over the top with strolls into goal. Looking back, it was 10 of 18 goals kicked from within 15-20 metres out.

Absolutely smashed Collingwood’s game style that particular night.

You could have a Sheezle, JHF and Ashcroft fred to debate who the second best young player in the comp is.

Defs a more handball happy team. Currently 7th in the comp for disposals. Interestingly, it’s only 30 possessions more per game than the Lions, but shows that difference in movement styles on transition.

That makes sense. Quick counters and fast movement by foot. I lost track of the amount of times the Lions caught the Pies out over the top with strolls into goal. Looking back, it was 10 of 18 goals kicked from within 15-20 metres out.

Absolutely smashed Collingwood’s game style that particular night.
I can't wait for our next match up. We haven't been going as nicely as we'd like. You guys are cruising along just fine. We could see some epic games in the next few months.

I can't wait for our next match up. We haven't been going as nicely as we'd like. You guys are cruising along just fine. We could see some epic games in the next few months.
Will actually be a huge game and have huge implications on the top 4/home QF.

Interestingly, you guys play Docklands a lot better than Collingwood does. Lions have won 7 of the last 8 there vs Collingwood’s 2 of the last 6. It’s a shame it’s not being played at the MCG 😂

Back