Truck25

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
Is this the way the new TV deal is going?

I just checked the telecast times to set recording times only to find no free to air telecast of the Crows v Bullies game...WTF!
Not even a delayed telecast.
What about the footy fan that cant afford to go to every home game, that cant afford pay TV.
The families on struggle street that feed grass roots junior footy.
What about the pensioner, the Students.

It's obvoius that the AFL, Channel 7 and Foxtel have said "stuff 'em! they've got no cash so we don't want to know them".

Well Maybe the kids might just turn over to SBS and watch the soccer and the next Chris Judd will be the next Vidmar instead because that's what he watched when he was a kid.

Basketball died in the 90's because it dropped off FTA and is yet to recover, and THE AFL may make the same mistake chasing the easy dollar with PayTV.

I just checked the telecast times to set recording times only to find no free to air telecast of the Crows v Bullies game...WTF!
What about the footy fan that cant afford to go to every home game, that cant afford pay TV.

It's obvoius that the AFL, Channel 7 and Foxtel have said "stuff 'em! they've got no cash so we don't want to know them".

Well Maybe the kids might just turn over to SBS and watch the soccer and the next Chris Judd will be the next Vidmar instead because that's what he watched when he was a kid.

Basketball died in the 90's because it dropped off FTA and is yet to recover, and THE AFL may make the same mistake chasing the easy dollar with PayTV.

Pretty sure there's a delayed telecast mate :thumbsu:

I agree that the way were heading is a concern, but for this particular game the AFL site reckons it is on 7 at 7:30.

Thank GOD!

I checked another TV guide site and it had the collingwood game in adelaide.
The checked the afl and saw no telecast.
Doesn't help that a mate of mine was going on about this scenario with paytv the other week.

feel like a dick now....:eek:

Thank GOD!

I checked another TV guide site and it had the collingwood game in adelaide.
The checked the afl and saw no telecast.
Doesn't help that a mate of mine was going on about this scenario with paytv the other week.

feel like a dick now....:eek:

It's no problem :) you're just about 5 years too early.

Yeah, mate it's a thirty-minute delay on channel seven :thumbsu:

I think the way Channel 7 does the coverage times is if you choose to watch the home matches at home, your punishment is 30 minutes.

I record them even if I go to the game, for the long summer.

Well, I have Foxtel, so it works out fine for me, but I love Channel 7's coverage. I just think Fox's graphics and commentary is really poor, and the HD in Channel 7's coverage is a really good thing to have. And if it isn't HD, it's really clear.

And I record all the Carlton games played against either Adelaide or Port aswell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, I have Foxtel, so it works out fine for me, but I love Channel 7's coverage. I just think Fox's graphics and commentary is really poor, and the HD in Channel 7's coverage is a really good thing to have. And if it isn't HD, it's really clear.

And I record all the Carlton games played against either Adelaide or Port aswell.

get glasses. 7 broadcast in SD and SD only. Fox broadcast in HD.

The Channel 7 replay is actually showing on the AFL site. You must have forgotten to change the viewing region from the default Vic Melbourne. I'm in Melbourne and there is no telecast. I'm getting desperate. Do not like low quality AFL videos (24 hours later). :(

I feel for you Anthonyo - I'm a Melbourne based Crows fan and for the last three years have basically been forced to have Foxtel w/ sport at ~$100 per month.

If I don't I get to see Crows on Free to Air ~5 times a year.

The Channel 7 replay is actually showing on the AFL site. You must have forgotten to change the viewing region from the default Vic Melbourne. I'm in Melbourne and there is no telecast. I'm getting desperate. Do not like low quality AFL videos (24 hours later). :(

I give you credit, if I lived in Melbourne there is no way I couldn't have foxtel. Mind you I live in Adelaide and have foxtel regardless :p

This! The seven telecast visually are not great.

I feel for you Anthonyo - I'm a Melbourne based Crows fan and for the last three years have basically been forced to have Foxtel w/ sport at ~$100 per month.

If I don't I get to see Crows on Free to Air ~5 times a year.

Well you should negotiate a better contract. I'm getting a sport package in HD for $65 and I could have it for $55 if I did not want HD. I can't see why I would watch a Seven telecast of football in the next 5 years. Give me live football with no adverts every day of the week over the constant bunnings adverts after every goal on Seven.

Don't know if this will help...with the Bigpond videos there is a little button to the user right of screen that allows you to change quality of download. I use this and get good results.

I don't have Foxtel, but I heard on MMM pre-game last saturday that Foxtel isn't showing games in HD when they said in their agreement they would. AD said that they weren't and the AFL were getting staff in to deal with this. Also mentioned that 7 and Fox have a rift beginning to grow between them and 7 aren't allowing between the ad commentary or something like that. So they were talking lies on the radio then?

The graphics button helps a bit with the smoothness of the game on the AFL site, but I can only get to medium at best for that to happen. At medium it's still a little blurry, but on full screen it gets better.

I'm confused. The AFL website says it's on at 7.30 on Channel 7 with a 30 minute delay (which makes sense...); but last night Seven was advertising today's footy games & they said Port's game is live at 1pm & our game starts at 6.30pm...if the telecast starts at 6.30, wouldn't it be live (they weren't advertising it as live though)?? Foxtel's coverage doesn't even start until 7pm, so what's Seven doing from 6.30 to 7pm - or even 6.30 to 7.30, if they're showing it delayed?? :confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back