Roast No Saints in Robbo's Top 50 - Who is our best player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
No Saints in Robbo's Top 50 - Who is our best player?

Was reading the Herald Sun and interesting to see no Saints in the top 50. Ross and Billings would have to be in there you'd think.

What are your thoughts, who is even the Saints' best player now with Roo gone?

I am happy to fly below the radar. I keep seeing news on other players eg Dangerfield (hammy) Ablett (hammy) Naismith, Pickens etc and am pleased we do not have any significant losses. Start the year with a couple of wins, have a couple of teams do a Sydney/Hawthorn from 2017 and the pundits will re-examine the chicken's entrails.

Steven 40-60
Ross 50-70
Billings 50-70

I’m not actually to shocked to be honest. Steven if fit is definitely top 50. If Ross has another outstanding year he could
Also be top 50. Billings is the one. If he can manage to kick 30-40 goals on a wing half forward this year while averaging 23-25 touches a game he could sky Rocket into the top 25 imo.

Seems about right to me. Ross could have made it without surprise and missed out without surprise. Steven still clearly our best still most important player. Billings getting closer to our most important.

I agree , nobody stands out as a walk in star ....yet .
Hopefully next year we should have 4 or 5 in Slobbo's top 50.

No Saints in Robbo's Top 50 - Who is our best player?

Was reading the Herald Sun and interesting to see no Saints in the top 50. Ross and Billings would have to be in there you'd think.

What are your thoughts, who is even the Saints' best player now with Roo gone?

Whoever was responsible for getting us back to Moorabbin :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am happy to fly below the radar. I keep seeing news on other players eg Dangerfield (hammy) Ablett (hammy) Naismith, Pickens etc and am pleased we do not have any significant losses. Start the year with a couple of wins, have a couple of teams do a Sydney/Hawthorn from 2017 and the pundits will re-examine the chicken's entrails.

Yep, Something that gets perhaps a little overlooked in footy media circles was Richmond's insanely awesome injury run last year for their top line players. Not to say they were undeserving of the flag, just that their injury run seemed to get little discussion (although having said that, it was mentioned on SEN today in terms of their finals campaign).

We will be quite a different side if we can field a fully fit Steven, Armo playing near his best, and Paddy able to stay out on the paddock.

2017 Steven was nowhere near top 10 mids...
you are correct on 2017's form , but after having a super preseason he could well be back to his brillant best of 2016 or 2015 (were he would be in the top ten)- remember last year he did have a lot of issues - hoping not this season

It probably highlights both a weakness and a strength. Not having enough 'A grade' players is a known weakness.

However, the fact that we still won half our games without that any 'top 50' players shows the depth we have now across the side. If a few of our players make the list at the end of the year then it probably means we make the finals. If not, then it probably means that we're around the same mark, if not slightly lower.

Having said all that both Billings and Ross would have to be thereabouts. I would take both over Charlie Dixon.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back