No Sympathy For Crowley

Remove this Banner Ad

Only got the results of the A sample just after round 21.
Because it was positive for a 'specified substance' (a substance of which there is a greater chance of it not being used for performance enhancing purposes) he was allowed to continue playing while waiting for the B sample.
They got the results of the B sample a few days after Port knocked them out of finals.

Personally I don't like him because he seems especially antagonistic. I do respect him fairly highly as a player though.

It comes down to if it was prescribed to him as part of treatment or not and if he declared he was receiving the treatment when he gave his sample. Lynch was getting steroids and was allowed to play because it was part of his treatment.

The painkiller Crowley took required a prescription so unless it is dodgy he might avoid a serious penalty and he has been on the clock for more than 6 months so unless it is a severe penalty he might be able to play this season. If they throw the book at him I guess he will likely retire.

It comes down to if it was prescribed to him as part of treatment or not and if he declared he was receiving the treatment when he gave his sample. Lynch was getting steroids and was allowed to play because it was part of his treatment.

The painkiller Crowley took required a prescription so unless it is dodgy he might avoid a serious penalty and he has been on the clock for more than 6 months so unless it is a severe penalty he might be able to play this season. If they throw the book at him I guess he will likely retire.

A bugger of a position to put himself and the club in. Hard to have sympathy for the bloke, given how much ant-doping stuff is drilled into their heads, but if the rumours/guesses about him going outside the club because he didn't want them to know how much pain he was in, I can kind of understand it. Like Saad, the situation is, more than anything, sad. If we believe everything we're told, and in these cases I'm prone to do so, then neither of them intended to go outside the code. Saad's punishment was manifestly over the top, but it was also understandable from an ASADA/WADA point of view.

It makes me really hope that if Essendon IS found guilty of doping that the players and support staff get the book thrown at them, because with what we've been shown so far it looks like element s there did intend to seek an advantage and circumnavigate the doping code. Truth be told, if all 34 players are given 2 year bans I would expect Essendon to have their license suspended by the AFL. It won't happen, but it would be the correct response. More likely they get the mother of all fines and draft penalties and have the AFL forcibly gut the club of coaches/staff etc. I just want it to be over. So glad the season is about to start.

A bugger of a position to put himself and the club in. Hard to have sympathy for the bloke, given how much ant-doping stuff is drilled into their heads, but if the rumours/guesses about him going outside the club because he didn't want them to know how much pain he was in, I can kind of understand it. Like Saad, the situation is, more than anything, sad. If we believe everything we're told, and in these cases I'm prone to do so, then neither of them intended to go outside the code. Saad's punishment was manifestly over the top, but it was also understandable from an ASADA/WADA point of view.

It makes me really hope that if Essendon IS found guilty of doping that the players and support staff get the book thrown at them, because with what we've been shown so far it looks like element s there did intend to seek an advantage and circumnavigate the doping code. Truth be told, if all 34 players are given 2 year bans I would expect Essendon to have their license suspended by the AFL. It won't happen, but it would be the correct response. More likely they get the mother of all fines and draft penalties and have the AFL forcibly gut the club of coaches/staff etc. I just want it to be over. So glad the season is about to start.

As to Essendon, Stank should get life ban from all sports. If Hird and co had knowledge of what was going on then WADA will likely push for life ban if the tribunal result is guilty. I am not sure if there is any evidence of that or not.

AFL wont suspend Essendon's licence, they dont suspend clubs for salary cap rorting from board level down. Essendon has copped the team based penalties already, I doubt they will cop a second round. WADA will likely want to target the doctor, coach and others who had knowledge of the program.

I can understand Crowley keeping stuff from the club, however, he is required to disclose any treatment he is receiving during the testing process, if he wasn't honest in that then he will likely be in strife, if he was honest then he might cop a penalty light enough that he could be playing sooner rather than later.

However, I am not sure he is the sharpest tool in the shed, he might not have disclosed anything out of the same fear which stopped him talking to the club about his condition.

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2015/3/afl-confirm-ryan-crowley-tribunal-details/

The AFL say that Ryan Crowley will face the Anti-Doping Tribunal on May 1.

Crowley tested positive to a banned substance after a match-day test in July last year.

The Fremantle tagger accepted a provisional suspension that commenced in September 2014.

The tribunal will consist of David Jones (chair), John Nixon and Dr Susan White.
Therrrrrrrrrre's no other chair like, David Jones. Doo doooo doooooooooooo

Actually didn't mind crowley when I saw him on the footy show last year. Was a self-deprecating, humble sorta guy. Almost seemed nervous to even be there. From his on-field antics, I thought he'd be arrogant and unapologetic, but he conducted himself in such a way that I almost forgot pinchgate for a moment.

And really, that in itself is yes, a stupid act. A more than irritating act. Hardly a dog act though, and forgivable. Barry hall somehow was the poor victim of big bad Scott Thompsons nudging, and now finds himself a media star and all-round top guy, despite his many dog, violent acts on the field.

Alastair lynch and mark Bickley have carved themselves tidy mainstream media gigs despite the former's grand final exit of true dog colours, and the latters' similar disdain for wakelins' face. But I digress almost gratingly, and am sorry for the spiel.

I actually feel a bit sorry for crowley, and know he's not a drug cheat. More than a bit silly for this, but definitely not a cheat. I hope it's not curtains for him because it would be a damn shame. In 2013 he was one of the great villains of the game, and I for one enjoyed his craft.

I enjoyed it even more when Boom pulled his pants down last year, and he's a definite important part of the theatre of our game. I hope he pulls through this.

I liked the bit where boomer falconed him. Thats about as far as 'like' and Crowley I can go. His 'craft' is a stain on the game, you can tag without going to the depths Crowley Goes to, only have to look as far as rawlings to know this.
* him off.

I liked the bit where boomer falconed him. Thats about as far as 'like' and Crowley I can go. His 'craft' is a stain on the game, you can tag without going to the depths Crowley Goes to, only have to look as far as rawlings to know this.
**** him off.

That was great, that falcon. I laughed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually didn't mind crowley when I saw him on the footy show last year. Was a self-deprecating, humble sorta guy. Almost seemed nervous to even be there. From his on-field antics, I thought he'd be arrogant and unapologetic, but he conducted himself in such a way that I almost forgot pinchgate for a moment.

And really, that in itself is yes, a stupid act. A more than irritating act. Hardly a dog act though, and forgivable. Barry hall somehow was the poor victim of big bad Scott Thompsons nudging, and now finds himself a media star and all-round top guy, despite his many dog, violent acts on the field.

Alastair lynch and mark Bickley have carved themselves tidy mainstream media gigs despite the former's grand final exit of true dog colours, and the latters' similar disdain for wakelins' face. But I digress almost gratingly, and am sorry for the spiel.

I actually feel a bit sorry for crowley, and know he's not a drug cheat. More than a bit silly for this, but definitely not a cheat. I hope it's not curtains for him because it would be a damn shame. In 2013 he was one of the great villains of the game, and I for one enjoyed his craft.

I enjoyed it even more when Boom pulled his pants down last year, and he's a definite important part of the theatre of our game. I hope he pulls through this.
Great posting.

Patrick Keane ‏@AFL_PKeane 25s26 seconds ago
AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal has found Fremantle FC player Ryan Crowley has breached the AFL Anti-Doping Code & imposed a sanction of 12 months.

Suspension on player Crowley is backdated to commence from 25 September 2014, the date Crowley accepted a voluntary provisional suspension.

AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal has found Fremantle FC player Ryan Crowley has breached the AFL Anti-Doping Code & imposed a sanction of 12 months.

Suspension on player Crowley is backdated to commence from 25 September 2014, the date Crowley accepted a voluntary provisional suspension.
Lucky Ryan, back in time for the Grand Final.

That 12 months ends on the Friday night prelim..not that I think he'd be selected but it'd be humourous.

That's convenient isn't it. Didn't miss a final last year and available for the big one this year should Freo make it.
I can't see Lyon picking a player who hasn't played for 12 months.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back