Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - with 2023 finals on the line, GWS win by +100 / Nov4 = 7000 days since last final win / RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

It's absolute gold to go back and read BS's comments from a year ago:
Brad Scott article said:
Youth first and looking at what you’ve got
This recognition that the Bombers aren’t close to contention led to a trading period last October when, instead of desperately seeking players such as Josh Dunkley, a past target, the Dons eschewed spending draft capital, opting not to trade in mature types.

Scott’s preference was to prioritise the highly talented but injured Zach Reid, Kaine Baldwin and Brandon Zerk-Thatcher in key defensive roles, instead of filling that hole with a plug-and-play key defender. The same logic was applied to the midfield, where he wanted to survey the existing talent, while also discovering Archie Perkins’ best role.

“We want to see Kaine Baldwin play back, we want to see Zerk-Thatcher play back, we want to see Zach Reid once he returns from injury, play back. It’s going to take us a while to get a clearer picture of what we want.
“In the meantime, it’s not about put your finger in the dyke to fix one problem and create another.”

Nek minit: One plug-and-play key defender, one plug-an-play small forward, one fools-Duursma and drop Draper for a 35 year-old.

Can't wait for the 2028 article where he says: "I had to delist Goldstein otherwise I would keep picking him".

Last edited:

I think General B Scott will lead the bomber to victory, but they're ****ed medium and long term.

Just reiterating they're ****ed. Fancy bringing in the highest paid player, then 45 yr old ruckman a couple of other average types.

For what, I'll answer it, for nothing. 8 year plan and them campaigners bought it. lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I knew Dodo would still be pulling the strings.
Vampire Scare GIF by What We Do In The Shadows

80% of the time he's good at his (very) specific role.
80% of the time he's bad at things outside his role.
Sometimes that means a fantastic game, other times something absolute woeful. Unless the 800K a year KPD is a playmaking beast you don't usually cater to their styles with the gameplan, and he's no playmaker, so I hope they all have fun with that.

Is what it is, Essendon's problem now and I look forward to them finally realizing it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back