Non-AFL chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

you & nightowl haven't made it past the first day on mine :p
mattdougie keeps surviving to the end o_O

timtam cries himself to sleep.

wait, this game you're in the final 3
theproffessor sprains his ankle while running away from timtam.

Wizard cannot handle the circumstances and commits suicide.

theproffessor accidently steps on a landmine.

The winner is timtam from District 3!
What was the simulator you guys are using?

The bleachers won't be ready for a couple of months. The horribly cold winter, especially February, put work behind schedule. That's why getting an Opening Day ticket is next to impossible. Far fewer seats are available this year for the general public. Season ticket holders in the bleachers were given the option to get a refund or get a seat in the main part of the park. I finally got to the top of the season ticket holders queue two years ago, but turned it down. Too expensive and I can no longer go to many games. Ten years ago I would have jumped at the chance.

The new jumbotron in left field will be ready Sunday. It's rather sad in some ways because Wrigley was the last bastion of an old fashioned ball park(besides Boston), but it had to happen. I'm just glad that I was able to go to so many games there since I've been back. I never went to Wrigley before I moved to Australia. Dad was a White Sox fan so we were forced to go to Comiskey Park when I was a kid. I went away to college and worked every summer before graduation so never got out there. I was 48 when I went to my first Cubs game in 2000. My mum was 81 when she went to her first game back in 2006. Both of us went to our first Bulldogs match before we saw our Cubbies.

I have had the pleasure of going to a few Cubs games at Wrigley with Bulldogs BF members who visited Chicago. Those were great times.

I read an article the other day about how the sox are offering ticket packages for all home games in April & May on Mon to Thursday's for like, $30 or something.

I read an article the other day about how the sox are offering ticket packages for all home games in April & May on Mon to Thursday's for like, $30 or something.

I know that they have tickets for $7 and even $5 on some Sundays. My brother has driven up from downstate Illinois a number of times just to go to a Sox game on the cheap. And they still have a hard time getting crowds to their games. Last year they were 28th out of 30 teams for attendance. The Cubs were 11th even with a division bottom finish. One million more people went to Cubs home games as compared to Sox home games last year. And to think they won the World Series 10 years ago. It's 107 years and counting for the Cubs. The Bulldogs 61 year drought seems like a drop in the bucket.

This Easter weekend didn't exactly end as I had hoped. With the Bulldogs beating West Coast and Wisconsin beating previously unbeaten Kentucky in an NCAA Basketball semi-final on Saturday, the Cubs lost last evening to the Cardinals in the opening of the baseball season and Wisconsin lost to Duke in the NCAA Basketball Championship game tonight. Usually I hate everything Wisconsin, but the best college basketball player in the US, Frank Kaminsky, on Wisconsin's team, went to the same parish school and high school academy as me. His family lives about a mile away. Of course, I was at the schools from 1961-1970, back in the Dark Ages.

But at least the White Sox lost, too.:D

I now have PlayStation Plus.

Igloo and Dannnnnnnnnn had better be up for post-loss GTA shenanigans this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't even know you got a PS4. :p

Good choice.
I bought one 4 months ago :p

It was a good choice. Is OlliOlli any good? I'm contemplating whether to waste my time downloading it.

It was a good choice. Is OlliOlli any good? I'm contemplating whether to waste my time downloading it.
Haven't even tried it in all honesty. Looks like a time-waster more suited to the Vita.

Valiant Hearts is absolutely superb though. Make sure you download it before it disappears.

Not a fan to be honest. I can see some people liking it though. As the Dan says, more suited to the Vita.
And Valiant Hearts is fantastic.

Doing a job as an administration assistant starting nearly a month back now doing things like sorting out files and scanning flies to get them electronic and eventually to go paperless and will be going through over the west gate down the Princes Hwy to graduate at the Deakin University campus in Geelong next month
smile.png

Starting one with BF Bulldogs posters :p

edit: RIP dogwatch and kitsoasis.
And now Fossie 32. After he started so well by getting a spear as well.
:cry: RIP me

He was an Australian Cricket Icon and an iconic cricket commentator. He will be missed by Cricket fans everywhere.

Condolences to his family and friends.

RIP Ritchie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back