Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Gold Coast's guernseys, colours and nickname stink
Fixed it for you. Their whole branding is way off and they would have been better off with a nickname like Sharks and some colour combination other than McDonalds red and gold (when you add in their third colour - sky blue - it's even worse).

Fixed it for you. Their whole branding is way off and they would have been better off with a nickname like Sharks and some colour combination other than McDonalds red and gold (when you add in their third colour - sky blue - it's even worse).
Considering Southport wanted the licence to enter the AFL, had they named the Gold Coast side the Sharks, that would have had massive repercussions coming back at the AFL I would suggest.

Considering Southport wanted the licence to enter the AFL, had they named the Gold Coast side the Sharks, that would have had massive repercussions coming back at the AFL I would suggest.
Should have just let Southport in couldn't be much worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are the Lions back in form or are the Suns just not that good?

(Bloody annoyed we lost to them)
Fold Coast are s**t. I don't understand how people keep getting sucked in by them. It happens every single year.

The teams they've beaten are; Richmond (bad, and injury depleted), Adelaide (awful at the time), Hawthorn (dreadful) and West Coast (bad). The moment they come up against a decent side, they collapse.

Late pick who hadn't shown much ended up not being much?

Or am I missing your sarcasm?
Showed a lot in the sanfl but was never given a proper shot, kicked multiple goals on many occasions, I think I remember correctly he kicked 6 goals on 3 occasions.

Fold Coast are s**t. I don't understand how people keep getting sucked in by them. It happens every single year.

The teams they've beaten are; Richmond (bad, and injury depleted), Adelaide (awful at the time), Hawthorn (dreadful) and West Coast (bad). The moment they come up against a decent side, they collapse.
It's amazing how we keep on playing GC early, before they inevitably fall in a hole by round 5. It also happens to be before we re-learn the lessons we had wiped from our memories over summer.

Damn you Bulldogs, destroyed my perfect tipping round.

In all seriousness though, surely this is the beginning of the end for Beveridge.
Angry Black Friday GIF by Buyout Footage

Bevo making Nicks look safe as...

Agreed, the AFL should do this rather than dilute the already thin talent pool even further.

But they will not want to weaken the Victorian club dominance.

They do not have what's best for the national competition, every decision is what's best for the Victorian clubs.

Non Victorian CEO raising this with Laura Kane...
Sorry Bad Luck GIF by CBS

Should have just let Southport in couldn't be much worse.

Remember back in the day that astute football judge Warwick Caper strongly pushing for this.

But the AFL would never have tipped the funding into Southport that they have for the Suns.

It was definitely more common back in the old days.

Richmond were 7th with 95.3% after Round 15, 2019.
Fremantle in rounds 9 and 10 of 2017 tops it. 5th with 90.6%, then 7th with 81.5%.
For a late one, North Melbourne were 5th with 97.8% after round 17, 2008.
2005 had so many that I don't even want to list them.
Kangaroos (again) were 6th with 96% after round 11, 2003.
Adelaide were 6th with 95.2% after round 10, 2001.
Kangaroos (again) were 4th with 97% after round 9, 2000. Later that year, Geelong were 4th with 96.8%.
North Melbourne (again?) were 6th with 91.8% after round 9 in 1995.

The absolute best that I found was in 1991, and shockingly enough, it was North Melbourne again. There was a few weeks in a row where they had a really low percentage for their position, but the best example comes from round 20: 5th position, 11-7, 92.3%.
North Melbourne with perpetually poor percentage..."who'd have thunk it?"

Suck a fat one Bullflogs

What a great weekend the good guys won and all the bad guys lost.
Never ever put the filthy cheating Essendon in the good column.
I'll allow you this book keeping error just once...:cool:

I've got to admit, the whole crowd singing for 20 seconds after the music finishes is pretty cool :)
Yeah... Agree with you. Crowd singing in sport is great. Sadly, it's the poms who do it sublimely.

But it still adds to the atmosphere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back