MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL discussion - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very strange, thought he was doing a good job, their team has progressed each year under him, and they would have made the finals if Ablett didn't go down. Pretty damn harsh, what were they expecting? Prelims already??

They are after Bomber.

McKenna should feel extremely hard done by. Yet another club that has gotten impatient and acted hastily. I suspect the sackings will be even worse next year. Pretty much all teams bar us and St.Kilda (and maybe GWS) will be expecting to push for the finals. Which means there will be 7-8 clubs that will end the season thinking their side has under-achieved. And we all know who gets blamed first.

In a fairly even 18-team competition, patience is a virtue.

They are after Bomber.

McKenna should feel extremely hard done by. Yet another club that has gotten impatient and acted hastily. I suspect the sackings will be even worse next year. Pretty much all teams bar us and St.Kilda (and maybe GWS) will be expecting to push for the finals. Which means there will be 7-8 clubs that will end the season thinking their side has under-achieved. And we all know who gets blamed first.

In a fairly even 18-team competition, patience is a virtue.

By now us Melbourne supporters must all virtued out

I don't know why, but i'm very disappointed at the gold coast. they seemed to be building a team and environment that seemed on track to finals, i would have backed them to make finals next year. Bluey put a good amount of time and investment into the gold coast list and should have been there at least in the final year of his contract, finals or not. The wheels feel off for gold coast towards the end of this year, not entirely the coaches fault.

There are more deserving coaches that can be sacked, Mccartney has done nothing during his time at the bulldogs, Neeld last year was one. at least the suns where going up with each passing year. The drive for instant success by both Adelaide and Gold coast, is stupid. You don't get success without investing time and effort. I tend to think of it the same as a quick weight loss scheme (bare with me on this bad analogy) Those who aim for the quick fix are probably not going to loose weight compared to those who put the time and effort into loosing weight the correct way. With that said, football clubs looking for quick fixes is bad, has Richmond over the years not taught the AFL industry anything?

Can't see the Crows or Suns rising any further up the ladder next year. All i see this is, is a pointless attempt by both clubs trying to secure Mark Thompson when he has not intention to coach an AFL club again. If he where lured by the big money, i have the feeling he'll put the same amount of effort in as Malcolm Blight did at St Kilda. Summing up, bad move by the Gold coast, can't expect them to rise up the ladder with a sudden change like this, what they already had was promising.

Perhaps the AFL really should introduce some kind of coaching / support staff cap, and if you sack a coach while in contract, you are still stuck with that amount in the cap until the contract would have expired naturally (or at least for the next year) - might stop clubs doing this kind of thing and needlessly extending contracts in the first place. Then again if you get stuck with a coach like Neeld, you're pretty much screwed. But in my opinion Mckenna and Sanderson have both been sacked without a real lot of justification, and it's causing a lot of waste.

You gotta laugh at stuff like this:

"Gold Coast released a statement on Tuesday saying it and McKenna had "mutually and respectfully" agreed to part ways."

Mutual? Yeah sure.

"McKenna said in the statement that he would have preferred to remain coach"

Seems like once you upgrade from being a BigFooty poster you get to write media releases for clubs.

It's all about the f-word.

Sanderson had the best win/loss percentage of ANYONE to ever coach Adelaide with a freshly inked 2 year extension and still got the axe, purely because of the f-word (and maybe something to do with a fella named Mark).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least we have our coaches in order. Our list has a f*cking long way to go...but at least we have our coaches!

I think the implication is that try were getting cooked at night clubs, and juicing up for the games..

How could they possibly without one single player being caught though?

I have no doubt they were getting cooked but I can't believe the whole club made it through the whole time without a positive test

I have no doubt they were getting cooked but I can't believe the whole club made it through the whole time without a positive test

The story goes that there was a massive protection racket going on in Perth. Legend goes that Cuz's night with the Merc was the final straw...all the cops knew who he was and let him off heaps because fishbowl. Cuz started to hit the media and the cops were forced to stop him. Thus running from the booze bus.

Testing for performance enhancing drugs is quite specific so they usually only test for a limited number each time - so firstly you need to get lucky, as there are plenty of drugs available.

Secondly, each performance enhancer has 'masking agents' - so you can effectively use another drug to hide the steroid. These can be tested for as well, but again, you need to get lucky by testing for that specific masking agent.

Thirdly, steroids are usually taken in 'cycles'. So you may do 2 or 3 'cycles' in a year, with each last 3-5 weeks. The rest of the time you are pretty much clean - but still carrying some if the advantageous effects.

The Eagles were dirty in the mid 90's and dirty in the 90's and dirty in the mid 00's as well - make no mistake.

At last! the bombers have realised that they can't win. i don't like Essendon but it's the best thing for them, it's best they move on rather than have their favourite sun drag down the whole club with him over the scandal he created.

Hird's image as one of Essendon's greatest, will now always be overshadowed by James Hird the coach

Apparently the Bombers are denying what Caro wrote....interesting times indeed.

Caro wouldn't drop something like this unless she was unequivocally 100% That club is a ******* mess and it sounds like they've fractured heavily over the past 24 hours to a severe degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back