MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL discussion - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caro is finding out there isn't much value in having an inside source if it's part of a fractured group.
I suspect her inside source won't be on the board for long... many heads will roll. Can you replace an entire board in one go?

I suspect her inside source won't be on the board for long... many heads will roll. Can you replace an entire board in one go?
Should be a good chance, how far off are we from being able to say "at least we aren't Essendon"?

Didn't we do it when Stynes came in as President? I suppose you could and really in their situation what's the worst that will happen? Instability at the club? Bad press? s**t, better not risk it!

Didn't we do it when Stynes came in as President? I suppose you could and really in their situation what's the worst that will happen? Instability at the club? Bad press? s**t, better not risk it!
From memory I reckon 3 or 4 stayed on when Stynes took the helm. At Essendon there must have already been significant turnover in the last 18 months given the situation, but nonetheless I reckon they will want to make a complete clean break and start fresh. Well, the current board may not want that but surely it's the only way forward.

Binning the entire board sounds a bit extreme. Might end up with type of people who think Cameron Schwab, Mark Neeld, etc are the best people to take the club forward...

Binning the entire board sounds a bit extreme. Might end up with type of people who think Cameron Schwab, Mark Neeld, etc are the best people to take the club forward...
Like Jim and Garry?

Careful what they wish for, I say.

If Thompson ends up replacing Hird, it could be the second year ina row a Queensland club has sacked their coach then missed their target (I also suspect this is where Adelaide is at).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just read some of his stuff, quite amusing. Who is he?

Sports satirist (mostly AFL) who writes articles on his website and sometimes for the Hun. Also a long-suffering Melbourne supporter.

Our very own ManWithNoName getting a pretty rough deal over on the Dons board for suggesting that their club doesn't try and bend the rules with Port to make Ryder a free agent.

Apparently he just hates Essendon because he doesn't agree with them.

They're frothing over the idea of Dodoro having three picks around 20~ because of how good his drafting is, despite the fact that their first rounder from 3 years ago who hasn't fired a shot wants out whilst contracted.

Weird cult, can see why you want to be somewhere else.

Our very own ManWithNoName getting a pretty rough deal over on the Dons board for suggesting that their club doesn't try and bend the rules with Port to make Ryder a free agent.

Apparently he just hates Essendon because he doesn't agree with them.

They're frothing over the idea of Dodoro having three picks around 20~ because of how good his drafting is, despite the fact that their first rounder from 3 years ago who hasn't fired a shot wants out whilst contracted.

Weird cult, can see why you want to be somewhere else.
Flogs gonna flog

Flogs gonna flog

Cross full time to us brother

Our koolaid and delusion is purely about talking finals preseason, which usually fades after a round 1 flogging

Then we spend the rest of the year:

1 drinking heaps of booze
2 laughing at ourselves
3 planning our draft picks and next season
4 drinking heaps of booze
5 convincing ourselves that free agent ain't leaving which mid year becomes that said free agent is s**t and a s**t bloke but we want top end compo
6 drinking heaps of booze

A lot less stressful than being a bombers supporter

Plus we have a new messiah to praise every pre season only to despise them mid year

Good times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back