MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL discussion - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done some in-depth statistical analysis, and come up with a system for ranking teams performance over time which I call: The Melbourne Index. It ranks teams based on how many consecutive games they have won against Melbourne, and the cumulative score across those games.

SeRF50H.png

Explanation:
Games: Number of games since losing to Melbourne (Sydney have a draw in there, Richmond awarded -1 due to being the only team to have a 2 games losing streak to Melbourne)
%age: The percentage calculated as standard from games included in the streak represented by the Games column, including the loss to Melbourne that ended the streak.
TotF: Total points For during the streak
TotA: Total points against during the streak.
LoF: Points for in the most recent loss to Melbourne.
LoA: Points against in the most recent loss to Melbourne.
Home: Whether the most recent loss to Melbourne was a home game for the losing team.

Fyfe gets off without any penalty. Hodge gets a convenient 2 week penalty, 2 weeks out from finals.

Another win for AFL expediency.

Sure, it's great to have the best players playing at the business end, but FFS this stinks to high heaven. Hodge could easily have broken Wingard's neck, and he gets 2 weeks? Please. Fyfe I don't mind as much, as there was plenty of grey area in the incident, but no other player would have got off with nothing for that hit.

Fyfe gets off without any penalty. Hodge gets a convenient 2 week penalty, 2 weeks out from finals.

Sure, it's great to have the best players playing at the business end, but FFS this stinks to high heaven. Hodge could easily have broken Wingard's neck, and he gets 2 weeks? Please. Fyfe I don't mind as much, as there was plenty of grey area in the incident, but no other player would have got off with nothing for that hit.

I dunno I think you should always use the Grand Final test
Would you want a player missing a grand final for what Fyfe did? No way in hell
Barely a fine IMO

The Hodge one is very grey, if he ment to smack his head against the post like that he probably should have got more, if you believe it was an accident then 1-2 was probably right

Fyfe should've got off I thought and given he's been probably unfairly suspended in the past then he deserves the benefit of the doubt anyway.

Good bloke Hodge is pretty lucky but I thought he'd get one more week. It's better than the fine the commentators thought it was worth yesterday...

Not sure on the Hodge one. Never broke his line or made a move to give Wingard a solid whack.

Didn't think there was much to Fyfe's challenge, glad he didn't cop a suspension. Will probably punch Bernie next week and give the Brownlow away.

Fyfe would have got a fine if he hadn't had two already.

Harsh to go for what he did on its own, but after two similar incidents a week should have been the outcome. Hodge on the other hand, as Capt Jack said, could have broken his neck. Yeah he hit the post but the sandwich could of done permanent damage; why have 'potential to cause injury' in the rules and then never use it.

Frank the AFL and its lack of integrity and consistency.

Please note, residual anger from yesterday's result may be found in traces of this post.

Hodge's was full dirt. Chose to bump yada yada, at least put your ******* arms out campaigner.

Glad Fyfe got off (for the Brownlow) don't care if he towels us up this weekend because we've thrown in the towel anyway.

Hodge - probably appropriate - was hoping for 3 so he'd miss the first final.

Don't give much of a fudge about this season now. TBH I don't care who wins the flag as long as its not Hawthorn. Don't have much love for any of the finalists to be honest - I guess I wouldn't mind Freo winning it but on form it looks unlikely.

I dunno I think you should always use the Grand Final test
Would you want a player missing a grand final for what Fyfe did? No way in hell
Barely a fine IMO

The Hodge one is very grey, if he ment to smack his head against the post like that he probably should have got more, if you believe it was an accident then 1-2 was probably right
I'd have no problem with a campaigner missing a GF over the Hodge incident.

Fyfe one was fine. Nothing in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more I think about it the more I think Richmond have us to thank for them kicking themselves into gear. Looking back on that game it is crazy to think how average we've been but moreso how good they've been since then. I mean they kicked 1 goal in the 2nd half and we completely s**t on them, now they're going to be very dangerous in the finals.

The more I think about it the more I think Richmond have us to thank for them kicking themselves into gear. Looking back on that game it is crazy to think how average we've been but moreso how good they've been since then. I mean they kicked 1 goal in the 2nd half and we completely s**t on them, now they're going to be very dangerous in the finals.
I believe Deledio came back in the week after we beat them. He's incredibly important to Richmond and their chances and they generally play like arse without him

I believe Deledio came back in the week after we beat them. He's incredibly important to Richmond and their chances and they generally play like arse without him

Sometimes they play like arse with him, too.

Interesting to hear Brendan Bolton in his presser about an emphasis on balance between defence and offence and how going too far one way effects the other. Carlton don't strike me as the most competent defensive side going around so this would be pleasing to hear for blues fans that Bolton hasn't gone defence crazy.

The latest farce from the AFL. Martin getting fined. He should absolutely contest that. No way in hell it would stand up to scrutiny. Bloody hell this sport finds new ways to stuff things up every day. It used to be every week, but with the 24 hour news cycle, it's now got to every freaking day

The latest farce from the AFL. Martin getting fined. He should absolutely contest that. No way in hell it would stand up to scrutiny. Bloody hell this sport finds new ways to stuff things up every day. It used to be every week, but with the 24 hour news cycle, it's now got to every freaking day
It's ridiculous. If the AFL didn't make a big deal of these trivial "appearance" things, guess what? They wouldn't be a big deal.

The footage of Martin giving the bird (not to mention the Pies fans on camera giving it to him first) would have got a bit of a run on the Monday footy shows, then it would have been on with business after having a laugh about it.

Instead, the AFL put their Moral Police hat on and have to issue a fine for something that people do every single day because it's "not a good look for the game". In doing so they ensure the footage remains in the news cycle for another 3 days, instead of it being quickly forgotten about.

So poor Dusty cops a fine for having fun while playing. Why stop there? Fine the Collingwood fans too! That will show them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back