MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

He is easily the best half forward/mid hybrid we've ever seen. I know people will say Dusty but he plays more like an inside mid who can go to full forward. If you look at Akers highlights on youtube it is ridiculous, he was one of the very rare breed where he could finish when at a full sprint.
Oh yeah, could have been a multiple brownlow winner in another side but that midfield was disgusting. Those back to back goals in the wet against Geelong you just don't see skill like that anymore

I reckon that was such a dumb choice by Yze. I know you gotta take your chances but he's destined to fail. No team wins 3 on the trot or 3 in 4 and just continues on without a fall away
And this is one supporter group that are unlikely to be rational about it

I reckon that was such a dumb choice by Yze. I know you gotta take your chances but he's destined to fail. No team wins 3 on the trot or 3 in 4 and just continues on without a fall away

It all depends on the expectations the board put on him at the start of his tenure. Like if he has walked in and told the board 'we're going to be shithouse for a couple years but we need to do it for the list regeneration' and they've agreed to it he'll be OK, but if he has gone in trying to sell the dream of playing finals in 2025 he is stuffed.

One of the few things David King has said that I agree with is its actually not hard to get a team into the finals, but if you rush it you'll cook your list and never actually contend (See Essendon 2004 - onwards as the best example).

It all depends on the expectations the board put on him at the start of his tenure. Like if he has walked in and told the board 'we're going to be shithouse for a couple years but we need to do it for the list regeneration' and they've agreed to it he'll be OK, but if he has gone in trying to sell the dream of playing finals in 2025 he is stuffed.

One of the few things David King has said that I agree with is its actually not hard to get a team into the finals, but if you rush it you'll cook your list and never actually contend (See Essendon 2004 - onwards as the best example).
I’ve also occasionally agreed with some of his ‘analysis’ (where they stick a script in front of him plus an open laptop alongside a high-school elementary graphics team for circles and arrows).

I’ve never been convinced he crunched any of the numbers though. Actually, I’m convinced he didn’t.

I get Dusty wants to play his career out at Richmond but he really should go chase flags after this. Watching this game he is trying to literally carry Richmond but think it is beyond even his capabilities at this stage.
Why chase flags? Hes won some.

A lot of people have sex at least once. Doesn’t mean they say I’ve had my turn, I’m out.
Dumb analogy. Some people are happy staying with the same partner for the rest of their life. They love them thru the highs and lows and cant imagine being with anyone else..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dumb analogy. Some people are happy staying with the same partner for the rest of their life. They love them thru the highs and lows and cant imagine being with anyone else..
That very sweet A11 :blush:

Some shocking comms from Jack Riewoldt, don't get former players to do games with their former clubs.
Do you remember when we played St Kilda round 1 and they had Roos freshly retired from coaching us commentating? Even biased towards us it was bad

Also yeah Jack has covered 2 Richmond games out of the 2 games on Fox they've featured in

Do you remember when we played St Kilda round 1 and they had Roos freshly retired from coaching us commentating?

Also yeah Jack has covered 2 Richmond games out of the 2 games on Fox they've featured in
Nathan Jones was pretty bad on 7 when he did our games to be fair, I reckon they do it purpose because they think that's what people want.

Do you remember when we played St Kilda round 1 and they had Roos freshly retired from coaching us commentating?

That 2017 round one game by Roos was HILARIOUS.

Saints fans were spitting (don’t blame them, but didn’t care)

Nathan Jones was pretty bad on 7 when he did our games to be fair, I reckon they do it purpose because they think that's what people want.
Yes. But they also seemed only to want his view on Melbourne so it all starts to look really lopsided.

Yeah Jones calling our games was also a head scratcher. I remember one game we won he was high fiving blokes in the room post win while working. Not that whoever we where playing was hanging around after a loss, but i would have been quite agitated after a loss to see that

Selwood round 1 against the saints was both awful in terms of bias and just how ordinary he is at talking on a mic

I think at a minimum you need two years out of the game before you call your own team

Then again Luke Darcy has been out of the game for more than a decade and is insufferable calling play by plays for the dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back