MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

This WCE side is just horrible. Never seen a worse Eagles team. Why would Reid stick around? GTFO young man
Sadly, yes he probably should in the interests of getting the best from his career.

Pretty sure WC are aware of this, which is why the West Australian has put his photo on the back page some insane number of times in the offseason.

There's always bad teams and this team is just about unwatchable. They aren't neeld era Melbourne bad but it's hard going.
It's hard to beat the ineptness of the Neeld era, but geez this team are going close. Not sure any WCE side have been consistently thumped at home like this one has been for the past 12-24 months. It's actually refreshing to see WCE and Hawks struggling. Now just need Geelong and Swans to fall off a cliff and we'll all be happy.

It's hard to beat the ineptness of the Neeld era, but geez this team are going close. Not sure any WCE side have been consistently thumped at home like this one has been for the past 12-24 months. It's actually refreshing to see WCE and Hawks struggling. Now just need Geelong and Swans to fall off a cliff and we'll all be happy.

Lets be real, they're at minimum equal to Neeld era teams in terms of shitness. They're at five wins from their last 47 with a percentage of sub 60 across that time, and don't look to be any better so far this year.

I know we're all forever scarred by just HOW bad 2012-2013 was, but if you watch the Eagles a few times they're absolutely dreadful. I remember when going to Perth was the toughest road trip in footy, now it is comfortably the easiest.

Sadly, yes he probably should in the interests of getting the best from his career.

Pretty sure WC are aware of this, which is why the West Australian has put his photo on the back page some insane number of times in the offseason.
I have no doubt whatsoever that Geelong or Hawthorn have been in his ear already. Cats have an uncanny ability to get young country lads to come play for them.

2000 comes to mind but they still had a decent side next two years they landed Kerr and Judd.

Lets be real, they're at minimum equal to Neeld era teams in terms of shitness. They're at five wins from their last 47 with a percentage of sub 60 across that time, and don't look to be any better so far this year.

I know we're all forever scarred by just HOW bad 2012-2013 was, but if you watch the Eagles a few times they're absolutely dreadful. I remember when going to Perth was the toughest road trip in footy, now it is comfortably the easiest.
You're probably right. Was thinking tonight while watching their attempt to football, that it reminded me of when we were just getting pumped week in week out. Still a lot of pain ahead for them i reckon. Simpson will be lucky to survive this year surely.

2000 comes to mind but they still had a decent side next two years they landed Kerr and Judd.
2000 was pretty poor, but as far as staying down and getting pumped like this, i can't recall a time where they've been this bad for this long. And i can't see them recovering for another couple of drafts really. They'll have their hand out for priority picks no doubt if this keeps up.

You're probably right. Was thinking tonight while watching their attempt to football, that it reminded me of when we were just getting pumped week in week out. Still a lot of pain ahead for them i reckon. Simpson will be lucky to survive this year surely.

We also have them twice, and I'll be terrified we somehow drop one of those games lol.

I have no doubt whatsoever that Geelong or Hawthorn have been in his ear already. Cats have an uncanny ability to get young country lads to come play for them.
Perhaps WC should have taken one of the insane offers on the table and set themselves with a couple of nice picks for years.

I feel for this kid. Dunno if he is being set up to fail. But the level of attention on him is insane and it’s not going to stop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We also have them twice, and I'll be terrified we somehow drop one of those games lol.
But playing them at the MCG for the first time in a decade should be exciting :rainbow:

I dunno if he's on a heap of money, if he is im not interested but we should get into Sean Darcy to replace Gawn. Jackson's way better

That's a crazy stat on first crack

Between
Collingwood, Sydney, Hawthorn, Richmond, Melbourne, Port and Geelong they laid 388 tackles this weekend and there was 11 HTB frees paid.

Umpiring was poor in our game vs hawthorn. Don’t think it favoured one team but there was some bizarre HTB non calls then they picked random ones out.

Umpiring was poor in our game vs hawthorn. Don’t think it favoured one team but there was some bizarre HTB non calls then they picked random ones out.
I didn't really notice the umpiring but I did notice the lack of HTBs for both teams. Seemed like everyone was just throwing it out and it was fine

Just saw this. Might be one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
That and his Lingys opinion graph 📉
Channel 7 are the kings of cringe. They try to be serious but all they do is embarrass themselves constantly with corny personalities in the commentary box or s**t like this.

Channel 7 are the kings of cringe. They try to be serious but all they do is embarrass themselves constantly with corny personalities in the commentary box or s**t like this.
I don't know how to say this sensitively and I'll probably get in trouble. If that was produced by a well meaning kid with down syndrome it would be a better product than whoever made that. Kane absolutely nailed the stale boring personality to a tee.

Just saw this. Might be one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
That and his Lingys opinion graph 📉

Richo having a massive sook about it too.

Richo having a massive sook about it too.

Even better. All Kane did was repeat the same thing in the same voice, wasn't even mean it was funny because it was so bloody accurate 😂

I've watched that 4x it brings tears to my eyes. Bluelegs is right they need to take talking footy behind a curtain and put it down now you can't recover from that
The fact they were all so nervous about it shows you just how brutal a takedown it was. They basically showed the whole footy world how cheap and amateur the main broadcaster is. The AFL website has better production value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back