MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact they were all so nervous about it shows you just how brutal a takedown it was. They basically showed the whole footy world how cheap and amateur the main broadcaster is. The AFL website has better production value.
Not even exaggerating I put more effort into TKs lab than they put into that.
Looks like a kid started his own YouTube channel and that was his first ever attempt, let alone the premier footy show on the host broadcasters channel.

I dunno if he's on a heap of money, if he is im not interested but we should get into Sean Darcy to replace Gawn. Jackson's way better
If they do trade Darcy it'll be this year. Seems pointless to spend big on another ruckman unless we're retiring Gawn.

They only extended him earlier this year till 2030, Freo are pretty set on the two ruck strategy.
Dont understand it, Jackson thrives as the #1 ruck. Feel its an absolute waste of cap space to be paying them both, much like us with Gawn and Grundy.

Dont understand it, Jackson thrives as the #1 ruck. Feel its an absolute waste of cap space to be paying them both, much like us with Gawn and Grundy.
The Darcy deal is nuts too, considering his lack of durability

1000008045.jpg

They only extended him earlier this year till 2030, Freo are pretty set on the two ruck strategy.
Yeah dunno, if they have a Brodie Grundy moment and Jackson becomes half the player when Darcy comes back I could see them pissing him off. They could probably get a top ten pick for him from a few clubs.

Even better. All Kane did was repeat the same thing in the same voice, wasn't even mean it was funny because it was so bloody accurate 😂
But PREMIERSHIP CAPTAIN!

Why are people so precious? Max Gawn wouldn’t give a flying continental if someone took the piss out of his media stuff. But I guess Geelong and Richmond premiership captains warrant different treatment.

Am I going nuts? I don't think Wright should even get looked at for that, he's basically hit him in the head because he's taller and running faster at the footy. He's not for one second gone into that contest with any other thoughts that to go for the footy, you suspend him for that then you all key forwards are gonna be Josh Schache
I recommend you watch ‘I’m done’ Carey threatens AFL boycott https://www.news.com.au/sport/im-do...oycott/video/ea8d5e162de99c419c320717201e9909

Could see that exact suspension coming a mile away, not that I agree with it but there was no way he was getting off. Anyway, suck s**t Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maynard getting off and Wright getting suspended is ****ed up tho. Both guys essentially protecting themselves and hit a guy in the head when leaving the ground.

Four weeks for Wright

Seems about (W)right!

Anyway, the AFL had their hands tied really. Can't hit an opponent in the head anymore, not matter how tall you are or how accidental it was or if it was a brace. If the opponent gets a head knock and is concussed, you're f*d. The Maynard incident changed the outcome forever. We can b* and moan about it all we like, but that's where the game is at. Not sure where the game goes from here, but maybe we'll start to see players pulling back a bit more from contests? Hope not, but the AFL don't want anymore Angus Brayshaw early retirements due to brain issues.

Caro is like the Danster of the media. They slap her down with facts and she produces some useless article from 4 years ago lol 😂
Tilted me good

Tbf they are right to call out some bias with that radio interview as it did come across that way.

But it's waaaaaaaaaaay to rich coming from Kane

Maynard getting off and Wright getting suspended is ****ed up tho. Both guys essentially protecting themselves and hit a guy in the head when leaving the ground.
I fought hard to say Maynard was innocent but I think this one's 10x more infuriating

The balls kicked to Wright, the ball ends up almost exactly where Wright would need it to mark on the lead, Cunningham is the one who is reckless to begin with going back with the flight to intercept. Wright's eyes are on the footy the whole time until the very last second where he realizes Cunningham isn't gonna stop and is gonna run into his path and he turns to protect his ribs because Cunningham intercepts the footy.

That's the league saying if you Aren't first to the ball now, don't contest it. Jump sideways like basketball.

That's infuriating, watch next week as a key forward wins mark of the year for jumping up and kneeing someone unconscious in the back of the head. Games ****ed.

No Coleman no Lions! When does their coach come under pressure? If they have a poor season, Fagan has to be questioned whether he can get them a flag..geez they've had some chances in the last 4 or 5 years with good sides. First quarter but they've looked lost since half-time opening round.

Pies actually look alright but yeah Brisbane look shithouse.

Brisbanes forward 50 entires, Goody-esque!

Yep was thinking the same thing.

As good as the Lions have been over the past few years I reckon what has held them back is they've never had a legitimate top 5 player in the league to carry them over the line. Taking Rayner at #1 is such a bust that no-one discusses for some reason, he was meant to be 'the man' and he is borderline AFL standard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back