Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, good to know.
Yep, we have an obsession with having everything cold in Oz, understandably.
White wine was never meant to be served cold, but is something that has developed over time. A winemaker told me if you drink cold white wine why don't you drink cold red wine, it's the same thing?
If you drink draft beer in UK, it's a very pleasant experience (whatever the temp is), certainly not freezing cold. I used to work in the wine/beer/spirit cellars (below street level) of a renowned dept.store in London when I was a travelling teenager way back in time...and there wasn't a fridge in sight!
Yep, you're right about white wine. Should be served chilled but not cold. Plenty of people these days are drinking chilled red wine, although you want to avoid doing that with highly tannic reds(Cab sauv, Malbec and Italian reds, for example), because that's all you get when you drink it cold. Needs some warmth for the other flavours to come into play.

On the beer front, you're 'supposed' to dump it into a glass, so the gas disperses. I did this at a lunch a couple of weeks ago and copped s**t for it but unlike many European beers(English/Irish especially), Australian beer is massively carbonated. All that gas disperses in your stomach if you don't do it in the glass, so when you eat something, it gets agitated.

Possibly opening myself to redicule for missing obvious joke here, but ...Why?

It doesn't, as a board we have a tendency to refer to previous wins or losses when the opposition wins or loses and saying how much better it makes the Eagles look.

Yep, you're right about white wine. Should be served chilled but not cold. Plenty of people these days are drinking chilled red wine, although you want to avoid doing that with highly tannic reds(Cab sauv, Malbec and Italian reds, for example), because that's all you get when you drink it cold. Needs some warmth for the other flavours to come into play.

On the beer front, you're 'supposed' to dump it into a glass, so the gas disperses. I did this at a lunch a couple of weeks ago and copped s**t for it but unlike many European beers(English/Irish especially), Australian beer is massively carbonated. All that gas disperses in your stomach if you don't do it in the glass, so when you eat something, it gets agitated.
Hmm beer talk.
Aussie lagers have to be bloody cold. They really turn to s**t above 6-7C as there is very little actual malt backbone to support the bitterness. English bitters, porters, stouts and various ales are much better at the 10-12c as all the malt flavours start to really come out at those temps.
Anyhow, I digress... LOL Norf

If meters gained takes into account altitude, Lucoscious just racked up 190m with two kicks.
Yes Im watching GC NM, no I dont have a life.

We aren't even serious about Harley winning RS which is good. We are planning to rest him again.

2 games of not getting votes is us conceding this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We aren't even serious about Harley winning RS which is good. We are planning to rest him again.

2 games of not getting votes is us conceding this

They don’t get votes for each game

It’s awarded based on a vibe from the voting panel

Missing a couple of games won’t make a difference

A lightly chilled Beaujolais (or gamay if you’re drinking an Australian bottle) is magnificent drinking in the spring/summer period when you wouldn’t normally expect to be drinking red.

A lightly chilled Beaujolais (or gamay if you’re drinking an Australian bottle) is magnificent drinking in the spring/summer period when you wouldn’t normally expect to be drinking red.
Yeah, highly underrated wine, especially if you're a fan of those lighter styled Pinots.

Georges Doboeuf Fleurie is probably the most common/mainstream one you'll see here in Australia. Pretty good drop though.

Richmond starting to give vibes of West Coast over the last couple of years, more so if the injuries continue
You love to see it.

In seriousness, the league has had a problem for a long time in that 2-3 teams are totally unwatchable each season. And one of those is always North Melbourne.

Jack Graham doing a proper job of auditioning for the Eagles with a soft tissue injury tonight.

That incident in the Tigers match with the player landing on his head.... oof. Hope he is ok.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back